Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Asurion Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Car Bluetooth Receiver Stereo AUX Adapter with Handsfree Calling by GOgroove - SMARTmini AUX - Portable 3.5mm Wireless Music A2DP Adapter Dongle with 30-Foot Streaming for Smartphones & Tablets
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- WHAT IT DOES: The SMARTmini AUX plugs into the headphone jack of your speaker/headphones so that they can receive calls & wirelessly play streaming audio from your smartphone or tablet
- CAR STEREO BLUETOOTH UPGRADE made easy: all you need is a car with an AUX stereo port to be able to receive calls and stream music from your smartphone to your auto stereo system
- ENHANCED VOICE MIC on the SMARTmini AUX uses noise-cancelling technology to ensure you can be heard clearly on the other end of the line
- COMPLETE BLUETOOTH KIT includes everything you need for either a portable & removable installation or a more permanent setup with the provided mount & 3.5mm extension cable to place on the dashboard
- 3-YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY | Tech Specs: Operating Distance: 30 feet | Charging Time: 1.5 hours | Audio Playback: 6 hours per charge | Bluetooth Profiles: HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Safely Make Calls & Stream Music Through Your Car Stereo
Includes Dash Mount
With a built-in AUX cord extension, the Auxilary mount lets you place the SMARTmini AUX within arm's reach right on your dashboard, if in case your car's AUX port is hidden away or inconveniently placed.
What You Need: Headphone Port
A car system w/headphone port: This is the device where you will connect the SMARTmini AUX so that it can play audio wirelessly and handle phone calls (you would listen to callers through your car's speakers and the SMARTmini AUX has a built-in mic for your voice)
What You Need: Bluetooth media
A Bluetooth-enabled media device: This can be a smartphone, tablet, or any media player that can stream using Bluetooth. From this device, you will play music (Spotify, Pandora, iTunes, etc.) to be wirelessly heard on the speaker
One Button Controls the Bluetooth Magic
Power up, play music, make and answer calls all with just one button! Simply hold the Power button for two seconds to activate voice control. Press again to end a call and return to listening to your favorite tunes.
- Press & hold for 6 secs: (a) Turns SMARTmini AUX On and Off; (b) Enters pairing mode.
- Press & hold for 2 secs: Activates voice dialing for voice enabled phones. Functionality may vary depending on your phone.
- Single press: Answer/Hang up phone call; Pause/Play music track
What's In the Box
- SMARTmini AUX receiver
- Auxilary mount (w/ built-in AUX cord)
- USB charging cable
Enhanced Voice Command & Recognition
Bluetooth version: 2.1+EDR
Enhanced Voice Detection
The built in noise-cancelling microphone allows your caller to hear you loud and clear whether you're in the car or using headphones at home.
Works With Any AUX Speaker
Connect to the Line In jack on wired speakers and home sound systems for an instant Bluetooth streaming media player upgrade that can wirelessly play music and even handle phone calls.
Compare with similar items
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I previously thought the encoding was bad on my phone, but with this, I get full bass, beautiful highs, and everything in between. Stereo sepration is much better compared to everything consumer FM I've seen. I'm using a HTC Mytouch 4G, but I don't think it matters -- the sound is generated from the adapter, not from the phone (currently using PowerAMP as the music player).
Plus, since this is small and can mount on a velcro pedestal (included), you can put it on your dash,steering column, or pillar, aimed at you -- the clarity becomes excellent compared to "normal handsfree units" (I've used Moto T505, Ford Sync, and a GoGroove FM unit, and nothing compares to this, mainly because the mic wasn't in the right place). Nobody knows I'm handsfree in my Toyota Tacoma.
I've never experienced audio feedback -- only a low hush when not connected or if in Privacy mode on the phone (Tacoma SR5 sound system; FM/CD player -- nothing special). The blue light is pretty bright in the dark... I fixed mine with a sharpie (so now it's dimmer, but I can still see if it's connected). Being able to see if it's connected helps me stop leaving my phone at home ;)
Luckily this has a weak BT receiver, so it goes out of range past 10 feet from your car (silly T505 would stay connected for almost 300 feet so if you didn't turn it off, you had a tough time answering a call if you weren't in the truck). Using A2DP to locate my car means I can usually see it when I get to the saved location.
1. You only get one button. This means the phone has to be accessible for prev/next track, etc.
2. You have to turn the unit on when you get into your car.
So... GoGroove - If you're listening -- do the following and you can have my money again:
A. Same form factor (or a little wider), but add:
B. Buttons on left/right for prev/next track
C. Power the unit on when you see the USB plug power on (then it will turn on when I crank up the truck. Don't auto power off when power goes away-- keep it like now where it powers off if BT goes away (on the GoGroove FM unit, if I stall the truck, it blips the unit and bluetooth connection during the restart and my phone gets confused). DO NOT increase the Bluetooth range!
D. Flash the LEDs on incoming call-- and stop the default blinking (sometimes I like listening to the satellite radio; unless I can see my phone, I don't know if a call is coming in). Glow red for not connected, blue for connected. Flash on incoming or SMS.
E. When bluetooth drops out (if I put the phone in "privacy") - pure silence should be output instead of a low hush...
Reply if/when you've got a new model. Otherwise, I'd recommend this unit over any other "aftermarket BT connection" that I've seen. Pay the man and be very, very happy.
PS. I glued mine (hot glue - just a dot) to the pedestal. Now it doesn't turn around when I power it on/off, but I can still aim it using the velcro.
Fairly easy operation although, I occasionally had to re-pair my devices to the SMARTmini. I blame that on the SMARTmini because I don't have to do that with any of my other BT stuff & it happened with different brands of phones.
It works while being charged, without interrupting music, if plugged in while active. While that's great, there was a high-pitched tone that would come over the speakers while charging the BT receiver. The tone goes away when plugged directly into my AUX port & also when I attached it to a higher grade AUX cable. As it runs on a battery, you do have to turn it on each time you get in the car/want to use the SMARTmini. I'm sure a filter would have cleared up the noise but I preferred to be bitter about it instead of spending another $10.
Call quality is excellent & I never had anyone tell me there was an issue of them not being able to hear me clearly.
The power button flashes blue when it's powered up. Mine was well hidden so, that didn't bug me but it would have if it was mounted in the open.
It was very easy for me to use a quarter to jam the AUX wire into dashboard seams. I could mounted the base exactly where I wanted it witout a visible wire going across my car. People were impressed that it was completely out of sight. The wire is nice & long to allow it to be mounted a good distance from the AUX IN which is in my glovebox.
I don't have exact times but I would estimate the unit needed to be recharged after about 6 hours of use. Stop & go driving seemed to shorten that time a bit but I think it only seems that way because I left it on, until it would automatically power-off, when I got out of my car.
After 18 months of use, it had to be recharged much more often. Then, it would only work if the charger was connected. Finally, it stopped taking a charge.
The biggest negative, to me, was the whining noise while charging but it was not bad enough to take my rating down a star because I probably should have fixed it with a filter.
I would replace the dead one with another except that I bought a unit I've hardwired so I don't have to worry about charging or turning it on when I get in the car.