Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $8.43 shipping
Bluewave Lifestyle BPA Free Water Bottle with Big-Mouth & Dispensing Valve, 5 gallon
|Price:||$29.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made of 100% BPA free Eastman tritan
- Comes with a 120mm screw cap with air plug for easy pouring and cleaning
- Reusable and green helps the environment by cutting down plastic waste
- Portable dispensing cooler are perfect for parties/ home/ kitchen/ events/ BBQs
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||9.5 x 13.5 x 17.2 inches|
|Item Display Weight||4 pounds|
|Item Weight||1.85 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||1.85 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
A few tips on using it:
1. Don't close the lid too tightly. If the lid is closed so tightly that it becomes air-tight, then the tap can't dispense water.
2. After receiving the product, make sure that the dispensing-tap is tightly screwed in. I had to turn it one whole turn. Unless that tap is very tightly in place, water may leak from the base/gasket joint.
3. This is the only complaint that I have here: although the tap dispenses water if you either "lift" or "press" the lever, it appears to be a better idea to use the "lift" mode and not the "press" mode. I used it by pressing for the first 3-4 weeks, but then water started dripping from the tap slowly. Once I switched to lifting the lever, it's doing fine ever since.
I contacted the Bluewave customer service, however, after many emails (some were ignored), they would not consider replacing the defective bottle. Now I am stuck with a $30 piece of plastic that is not usable and only lasted me a few months.
The wide-mouthed lid is difficult to take off at times, and when trying to open to refill, the side of the bottle cracked.
This bottle lasted maybe 4 months - the only reason we would every buy again is because it is the only 5 gallon with a spigot.
If they made this out of Tritan plastic this wouldn't be a problem - hopefully they will switch over to something more durable - until then we will be going elsewhere.
Update 3/3/15 - So we've bought a second one of these making our trips to the grocery store to fill up less frequent. However, today when I brought them home and placed it on my countertop, the entire bottom gave out spilling two gallons all over the floor! I attached a photo. A giant piece broke out and a crack went all the way up the side; I managed to save a gallon of water. Buyer beware.
This is very useful except for the fact that the tap loosens after constant use. We will have to tighten the tap and regular intervals and watch out for water leakage.
There is a little plastic knob/nozzle on top of the lid to allow for air to escape. That would help dispense water at a faster pace.
This is an excellent water dispenser except for the fact that the little plastic tab on the top needs to pop open at time allowing dust to come in- not that its too big of a hole for dust particles to enter.. It is advisable to close the knob at times when this water dispenser is not used. It would fit 5 gallons of water. I go to Ralphs or kroger and use my quarter stack to fill this guy up with 5 gallon water at Glacier water dispenser center.
Hope this helps!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Been using this for a really long time now. 2 years I think it was. Never had a problem with it.Published 15 days ago by Vivian
It has been 5 months since I have it, still no problem. Will re-order!Published 2 months ago by Hannah
This is a great idea, and I wish it continued to work. The valve eventually becomes leaky, and it is therefore unusable.Published 6 months ago by cm
still going strong after 3 years. no scratches and the tap is fully functional with same spring tension as if it was newPublished 7 months ago by J. Parekh
I have been using these bottles for over an year now. They are good quality and tap doesn't leak so far.Published 7 months ago by Rahul Jain