Top critical review
11 people found this helpful
Good case, but turns off when opening all the way back
on January 18, 2013
I bought this item because I needed a nice case, and this one claimed to have the auto-sleep function for it. The standing part of the case is great, but the auto-sleep kicks in when you open the case and fold the flap all the way back. I checked on some of the bad reviews on this product and many customers had similar problems with this case as well. At the same time, I did take a look at some of the reviews and found that some people found a way to remove the magnet, and some flipped the magnet around so that the auto-sleep doesn't trigger when opening the case. Overall a good quality case.
If you are one of the unfortunate ones who got the case and have similar problems, here was the solution that others have found:
You will need: Hobby knife (or similar straight blade), super glue.
1) When you open the case, open it so the holes are on the bottom of where the tablet resides (where the speaker comes out)
2) On the left flap, look at the black part of the hand grip on the bottom. From the gray part above the black part, the magnet is located on the right.
3) Take your knife, slowly cut the thread from the side just enough so it can pull back. The magnet will be below the white foam.
4) When you find the magnet, remove it. Make sure the silver side is upwards. At this point if you are happy without auto-sleep, super glue the seams back. Otherwise, put the magnet back in, but put it ABOVE the white foam, so that it is magnetic on the gray side and not the black side. Super glue the seams back.
5) Let it dry for however long, I usually wait an hour.
6) Done. Now your case will have auto-sleep and will not turn off when you open it all the way.
Take care that this does void your warranty, but for 15 bucks and a little handiwork it becomes an excellent case to use.
I want to say thanks for all the ideas that other people have commented on in other reviews.