Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 472 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 551 reviews
on August 22, 2013
"Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke (deluxe edition) combines the elements of R&B music with dance beats in a cunning manner. Thicke's previous music offering "Love After War" showcased the theme of romance in a vulnerable and serious way. In contrast, "Blurred Lines" explores love and relationships in a playful, light-hearted style. "Blurred Lines", "Give It 2 U" (feat. Kendrick Lamar), "Feel Good", "Get In My Way", and "Put Your Lovin On Me" are some of the multiple pleasing songs that symbolize living a favorable existence in life. I enjoyed the club inspired hits in "Blurred Lines", but also enjoy the moments where he pours his romantic side out such as in "The Rest Of My Life." I read somewhere online that Paula Patton encouraged his creative expression for the music video in "Blurred Lines." Obviously, she is helping him feel safe to artistically express himself. May they have many more close, loving, and inspired years together."Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke is great for those who have enjoyed any of his previous works and/or like music mashups of eurodance with R&B.
on August 3, 2013
Robin Thicke has come a long way,believe me when i tell you that when his first album dropped "Beautiful World"way back in 2001 it felt like i was the only one with that album. Originally promoted as "cherry Blue Skies" they settle with beautiful world instead....go figure,anyway,the single released was "when i get u alone" and that was my jam,it got a little air play but nothing serious.I used to ask myself "why has he not blown up yet"? So you ask "what does all of this have to do with blurred lines?" "Nothing really". I'm just saying Robin's been quietly running s*** for years and the industry is just now gettin' it! Blurred Lines is robin's coming out album of sorts,he's offering us a fun package here with beats that will have you bobbing your head to every note. Robin don't bulls*** period,he's as nasty[lyrically]as early prince...this man oozes sex. Blurred Lines [Explicit] [+digital booklet]
on August 11, 2013
I first fell in love with Robin Thicke as an artist when I heard "When I Get You Alone". His first album Beautiful World was and still is a testament to what happens when someone is really passionate about music. The sophomore album was also a winner. After that, I...I wasn't sure what was happening. Alas, Blurred Lines, while definitely more explicit than Beautiful World, shows me that Robin is back on the right track. There are several tracks predominated by identifiable instruments and sweet vocals, a stark contrast to the last couple of albums where synthetic sounds and guest stars peppered and intrinsically damaged the album. Tracks like "Blurred Lines" and "Go Stupid 4 U" are a welcomed fun and silly side of Robin while "Ain't No Hat 4 That" and "4 The Rest of My Life" are reminiscent of the artist I first remember riding a bike through the busy streets of New York, sporting a shaggy 'do.

I hope he keeps trending in this direction. This album was well worth the purchase.
on September 2, 2017
I have no idea how this was released to all audiences. They sing some very direct R and X rated lyrics. The video adds a real dimension to it. I love the album but my 13 year old granddaughter better not hear it.
on April 29, 2014
I bought this album for the title track, but I'll listen to each of the songs and tell you what I think.

"Blurred Lines" --- Don't really like the rap (I feel the same way about a lot of songs that feel they have to insert a rapper to cross over/become popular, which is why I downloaded rapless versions of "Payphone" and "Let it Rock" via YouTube), or the word "bitch". I hadn't seen the video, but I can understand the song. By the way, I hate them lines too.

"Take it Easy on Me" --- Some of the lyrics freak me out. I'm a Mormon, and the thought of Mr. Thicke inside a Victoria's Secret freaks me out.

"Ooo La La" --- Sounds smooth, almost from the 70s. Borrows a bit from his dad's prize cues for Wheel of Fortune. (Yeah, I bet you didn't know Alan Thicke worked on Wheel.)

The others sound pretty generic Tens R&B to me. I can imagine Robin being perfect for a future revival of Soul Train. I bought it for the title track.
on August 9, 2013
I have to admit I purchased the explicit copy by accident; however, I'm a grown a$$ woman so I know how to "hear and don't hear" certain words. I am a huge Robin Thicke fan and the beat or tempo on most of his music provide just the pace I need for a good 60-minute walk on the treadmill at the fitness center or the 30-minute walk/step on my "3 in 1" Bowflex at home. I have several playlists (upbeat, slow, jazz, classical, etc.) on my Galaxy Note phone. I use upbeat music while walking on treadmill/Bowflex and slower music when working out on the gym equipment or just relaxing on my Iron Man Inversion Table at home. (Needless to say, I play "Blurred Lines" 3-4 times then I move on to something else.) In the evenings while relaxing on my deck, Robin is one of favorite "artist of choice." "Ooo LaLa," "Feel Good," "4 The Rest of My Life," and "Top of the World" are in my special playlist. And, of course, "Blurred Lines" is never far behind. Robin's albums provides a good variety so you can pick and choose for your special occasion. "Blurred Lines" makes me want to get up and move every time I hear it; when I hear it while in a store, I have to sing along as well as "dance a step." Keep giving us the best music you can make Robin Thicke.
on August 29, 2013
This will probably be one of my shortest reviews because the one thing after listening to Robin's latest CD is that it is indeed a must-own. Wonderful songs, brilliantly written, fabulously produced and it shows the kind of growth Thicke now has accomplished in his musical talents.

You need to add this to your collection! You will not be disappointed...!!!!
on May 9, 2014
About the music:
Track one is catchy, heck my dog even dances to it and the rest of the abulm offers up more great music. If you a fan of this style of music, then add this to your collection and enjoy. The whole album is well mastered.

About the physical medium and shipping:
I order this item new and it arrived as expected. The only complaint I have is that the jewel case was cracked but this could happen with any seller because they use the least expensive shipping packaging as possible which is often times a bubble envelope. The item is then left to the mercy of the delivery agent. And, as you know, they really care less about hadling your items carfefully as they do getting their packages delivered quickly.
on March 4, 2017
great cd but the case came very cracked
otherwise ok
on October 20, 2013
I'm not really sure of how to rate this cd. I ordered the clean version, and it was not clean. I think I'm more attracted to the beat and that disco feeling. However with careful listening I do not like all of the lyrics. Maybe I'm too old school or maybe not. After listening to all of the words the song really doesn't make sense to me. It's easy to get into the you're a good girl and hey hey hey, but once you listen beyond that its not the greatest song. So if you like the beat, and the hey hey hey hey it's probably 5 stars. I give it 3 stars because its not clean Thicke, uses a profane word and T.I., is very graphic with his profanity and explicit in his lyrics. I hope this review helps. This is my opinion.