Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 25, 2016
Boardwalk Empire has a great plot along with a terrific cast of characters that takes its audience through the Prohibition years. It is hard to believe that between 1920 and 1933 the U.S. outlawed the making and selling of alcohol. Most people, since time immemorial enjoy taking a drink. Yet for 13 years misguided do-gooders were able to criminalize what nearly all cultures take for granted as just one of those things most normal people do. Prior to 1920 organized crime was small time. By 1933 organized crime in the U.S. had multiplied a hundred fold on both a national and international level. People like to drink so when the do-gooders convinced their Congressmen to outlaw drinking, a whole underworld was created overnight to supply what most Americans really wanted. The star of Boardwalk Empire is Steve Buscemi as Nucky Thompson. Nucky kills people. He's charming and very very smart. But prohibition is bad, and the law enforcement officials who try to enforce it are the real villains of Boardwalk Empire. It is easy to identify with Nucky Thompson. He gives people what they want, and he's a virtuoso at doing it. Throughout this series one also meets Al Capone, Meyer Lansky, Dean O'Bannon, and many other colorful gangsters of the 1920's. The actors playing these real life gangsters are truly entertaining. But for me the most interesting character other than Steve Buscemi is Jack Huston who plays Richard Harrow, a World War 1 sniper who virtually lost half his face in combat. Richard Harrow is the supreme assassin for the mob. He's the consummate professional killer, a courageous man who rarely misses his prey. One moment Harrow is chilling as he accomplishes his deadly missions. The next, he's got a heart of gold. In the end it's Nucky Thompson and Richard Harrow who are the real heroes of Boardwalk Empire. Extreme Guns and Babes for an Adult World: Black and white Edition
on May 9, 2016
Oh my goodness this show just keeps getting better! I do binge watching of it and in two days I am almost thru with season 4! It is about the old time gangsters in the beginning of their mobster days. I like anything to do with mobsters and this show keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what is going to happen next! Always something you least expects. Like I said I love this show I really cant say anything bad about it. But if you are into mobster movies then this is the show for you!
All opinions are 100% my own and have not been influenced by anyone.
on August 15, 2015
This season is what I see is sort of the downside of the series. The end of season three was the mountain's peak and here comes the down slide. However, do not be discouraged. This season is an excellent one and well worth owning. Chalky is much more involved in this one. So if you are a fan of his, you will like this one a lot. Nucky's marriage with Margaret is all but over and you will not see her until about midway, but she plays her own interesting part as well. Jillian struggles with her heroin addiction but she is a fighter. Ron Livingston plays a grocery store chain owner who comes into her life and things do get interesting. Maybe she finds a decent man? Richard only gets close to Tommy and his "new" family. Nucky himself finds a new girlfriend who will definitely get your attention. Nelson has his own struggles to go through as well, which as always, are nothing short of hilarious. Lots of good gangster fun!
on May 27, 2016
Got hooked! Watched a few episodes and binge watched whenever I was bored. Caught up and now another season has been added free with prime. The show does a great job of showing how things may have been for several different groups and individuals. Also interesting as characters such as Al Capone and the Capone family are added when they were just getting into the gang related activity.
on January 26, 2017
The season was great, Amazon's policy of only providing a few seasons of a series in Prime is annoying. I pay for Prime and I expect if Amazon has the seasons I should have access with my Prime account. This is an obvious attempt to get you hooked on a series then hit you up for additional fees to watch all the seasons. $$ grab!
on December 22, 2016
I truly enjoy this series. It took a long time for me to come back to it after season 3. The first few episodes of season 4 were really slow, but the season picked up nicely and kept me truly involved in the story. My only complaint, really, is about the entire series. So many things in the show take place at night, and it can be very difficult to see what is happening. Often, I have rely on sound to ascertain what is happening in many scenes.
0Comment|Report abuse
Loved this show. It is really good. Definitely recommend watching it. Mr. Pink is amazing in this series. This show is filled with boozing, smoking and lots of other gangster stuff. Sorry for not going into detail but no one likes a spoiler. I would recommend this show to a friend.
on March 13, 2017
I bought the entire Series of Boardwalk Empire as a Christmas gift for the "house" and we went through it in entirety. A third viewing over the past five years and it was and is just one of the best HBO series to view! All awards are well deserved! I recommend it in its entirety!
on May 15, 2017
HBO wanting me to join, to see season 5? No way!! That has only made me happier that I cut the cord two years ago. Monthly cable bills kept creeping higher and higher. Lets see how HBO does on its own. Since they're ending it's contract with Amazon in 2018.
on November 29, 2016
Let's be clear - Boardwalk Empire, every season, rates more than five stars. It's one of the most masterfully plotted stories on film today, weaving history with "coulda-been" together, and creating hugely flawed characters that you care about. The one-minus rating that brings so many of the reviews down is due to not including the last season as part of Amazon Prime. Perhaps HBO is asking impossible money for it, realizing that all of us who've binge-watched the first four seasons are slavering for the finale? Whatever. I hope everyone involved takes a sharper pencil to the issue, and gives all us paying Prime members a break.