Bob Andelman is the author or co-author of several best-selling biographical, business, management and sports books, including:
* Will Eisner: A Spirited Life (Twomorrows, 2015), the biography of the legendary artist and writer who is often credited with taking comic books out of the ghetto in the 1940s and establishing the market for adult, long-form comics - graphic novels - in the 1970s. A Spirited Life has been translated for Spanish and Italian editions. Andelman also read for the audiobook edition. http://www.aspiritedlife.com
* The Wawa Way (Running Press), written with Wawa Vice Chairman Howard Stoeckel. Publication Date: April 2014.
* Building Atlanta (Chicago Review Press), written with African-American business pioneer and "bail bondsman" to the civil rights movement Herman J. Russell. (Introduction by former U.S. Ambassador Andrew Young.) Publication Date: April 2014.
* Keep Your Eye on the Marshmallow (Berkley/Penguin), written with nationally recognized motivational speaker Joachim de Posada. Publication Date: May 2013.
* Fans Not Customers (Profile UK), written with Metro Bank UK and Commerce Bank US founder Vernon W. Hill II. Introduction by bestselling management guru Tom Peters. Publication Date: October 2012.
* Mind Over Business (March 2012), self-help, motivational nonfiction written with sports and business trainer Ken Baum.
* The Consulate (March 2011), fiction written with former CIA and FBI agent Thomas R. Stutler.
* The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths (Hyperion/Voice, May 2010), written with nationally recognized criminal profiler and frequent CNN contributor Pat Brown. The book has been optioned by Warner Bros. Television and a pilot, "Trooper," was producer by Jerry Bruckheimer in 2012 for CBS and again for TNT in 2013. It has also been sold overseas in Japan, Korea, Germany, Portugal and Taiwan. Audible.com purchased audiobook rights.
* Four Seasons: The Philosophy of a Business (Portfolio/Penguin, 2009), by Isadore Sharp, founder and chairman of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. Andelman did not author or co-author this book but came in and helped Sharp near the end of the writing process by conducting dozens of interviews with Four Seasons managers and executives and contributing additional material to the finished manuscript.
* The Profit Zone: Lessons of Strategic Genius from the People Who Created the World's Most Valued Companies (Times Books/Random House, 1997), with Adrian Slywotzky and David Morrison, partners in Boston-based Mercer Management. The Profit Zone is Andelman's best selling book overall with more than 100,000 hardcover copies in print after 10 printings. Worldwide, The Profit Zone has been translated into Chinese (Complex and Simplified), Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
* Built from Scratch: How a Couple of Regular Guys Grew The Home Depot from Nothing to $30 Billion (Times Books/Random House, 1999), on which he collaborated with Home Depot co-founders Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank. CNBC's "Mad Money" host Jim Kramer endorsed the timelessness of Built From Scratch when he told his viewing audience, "Built from Scratch is the best of all those business biographies." Built From Scratch was translated for a Japanese edition.
* Mean Business: How I Save Bad Companies and Make Good Companies Great (Times Books/Random House, 1996), with Albert J. Dunlap, chairman and CEO of Sunbeam. Published in hardcover, paperback and audiocassette. Mean Business was a finalist in the Financial Times of London Global Business Book Awards.
Since February 2007, Andelman has also produced and hosted the popular "Mr. Media Radio" celebrity and media newsmaker online interview show heard and seen on his own site, http://www.mrmedia.com, as well as syndicated to iTunes, BlogTalkRadio, Stitcher, Blubrry, Podcast Alley, Networked Blogs and YouTube. The show averages approximately 2,000 visitors/archive downloads a day.
Andelman and his wife of 22 years, Mimi, live in St. Petersburg, Florida with their 14-year-old daughter.
For more information:
Agent: Michael Bourret, Dystel & Goderich Literary Management, mbourret @ dystel.com