Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Bob Ayres
Customers Also Bought Items By
Each chapter concludes with useful discussion guides for students or small groups.
Ayres calls for the rediscovery of the spiritual legacy of Deaf-World as he explores the history of ministry programs and proposes a definite plan for the future.
"An invaluable contribution to the field of Deaf ministry "
-Rick McClain, Deaf Pastor for College Church of the Nazarene, Olathe, Kansas
"An unusually keen knowledge of the past, a strong sensitivity with the present, and a proposed plan for the future "
-Duane King, Founder/Executive Director, Deaf Missions, Council Bluffs, Iowa
"God has clearly inspired Bob to write this book for precisely 'such a time as this.'"
-Mary J. High, PhD, Associate Professor, Gardner-Webb University, Boiling Springs, North Carolina
"Deaf Diaspora is a 'must read' for anyone who is active in or serving a Deaf Christian ministry "
-Mark Seeger, Pastor, Jesus Lutheran Church of the Deaf, Austin, Texas
Included are inspirational personal narratives by Chad Entinger.
Based on over a quarter-of-a-century of practical expertise, author Bob Ayres shares his insights, struggles, wisdom, and advice with humor and passion. Each chapter begins with a description of someone who taught him valuable insights. Included is scriptural wisdom from Proverbs and maxims from Dr. Charles W. Conn, former president of Lee University.
Real-Life Wisdom is a recipe for healthy relationships and authentic Christian community. Whether you are a new volunteer at church or in the community, or have many years of ministry experience, Real-Life Wisdom is guaranteed to challenge, touch, and teach you. You will not put this book down unchanged. With a discussion guide for each chapter, it is a perfect small group study book or ideal for personal growth. Experience faith in action and learn valuable lessons to improve all your relationships.
Who will benefit from Real-Life Wisdom: Stories for the Road?
. Ministry students
Real-Life Wisdom: Stories for the Road will take you on a new journey of insight. Are you ready for the trip? Jump in and travel down the road a ways.
• Section one contains excerpts of comments from a two-year discussion board on Facebook on the topic of 21st Century Deaf Church.
• Section two offers the theological underpinning for effective ministry in the highly secularized context of the twenty-first century.
• Section three presents the conclusions of the think-tank and interpretations of this research by the authors.
• Section four presents the "Declaration to the Deaf Church" with insights and explanation provided by the authors.
• Section five provides biblical foundations for the calling and responsibilities of the Deaf Church as part of the historic Christian faith.