Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 537 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 585 reviews
on February 6, 2017
My little guy has been having trouble lifting off. These books have helped him in his learning to read journey significantly. We bought 5 sets and every day we read a box full. Reading one box a couple of days in a row to begin with helped (nice to feel confident, since he did just read them the day before). There are a few sentences that would be more natural written another way and before we're done I will have added a few things to them. The illustrations are nice and the repetition helps with memorizing the words. Would highly recommend this books to teach reading. The added story cards to this set are nice! My son likes to make up his own nonsensical stories when he's finished reading the books.
on December 2, 2016
Man oh man does my son LOVE reading these! He feels soooo proud of himself when he can pick up a book and read it from front to back. Best part was watching him do it with my mom ;-) Could it get to be too simple in a few more months? Sure....but he's already reading then, isn't he??
on April 14, 2017
We love the Bob Books! My son learned how to read with these books. He wanted to learn and they were recommended at the bookstore. We are now using them with the next generation, one of whom was reported to be the best reader in his kindergarten class! He taught himself during the summer before school started. Yes, he did have help from Mom, but he was a self-starter. I have given them as gifts and recommended them to other Moms who were looking for something help their children read. They have been around a long time. I highly recommend them. I think your children will be happy with the results.
on March 3, 2017
Excellent book for kids to learn to read. My son reads these all the time now in kindergarten. He had no interest in reading before but these books helped his confidence and now he loves reading. Excellent beginner book set!
on January 11, 2013
2 months into kindergarten, the teacher called a conference with my wife and I. Suggested that our son repeat Kindergarten due to his frustration and lack of attention in learning his ABC's. So we were determined to teach him his ABC's, reading, and have him enter 1st grade with his peers. We purchased Set 1, 2, and sight words.
Now fast forward 2 months after the Bob's books, my son is reading!!! And his teacher sent home a lengthy note about how ecstatic they were in his reading. They even called him a super reader!
You must be patient because these books are "boring" to a NORMAL reader, however, to a kid that is just beginning to understand how to sound letters, and put them in to words – they are an absolute MUST. He gets very excited with each book he finishes, and we let him put marbles in his reward jar. Full jar equals cool reward.

Each set contains 12 books (I think), and they are short reads – 7 or 8 pages. Very little distractions. WE ARE SOOOO HAPPY WITH THIS PURCHASE!
0Comment| 196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2016
These books are wonderful. Our 5yr old kindergartener only knew 25 sight words 2 months ago. With the help of these books he has confidence to sound out and read the entire series. These books help give young readers confidence to explore new material!
on December 21, 2016
I get it, but they are really just OK books to me... a few words per page, very simple pictures... My daughter (5) loved them, so 4 stars for the love... Plus, was easy enough for her to catch on to most of the words and read them back, which of course is the primary purpose. I feel that there are a lot of choices now in this type of introductory learning book that these have lost their charm.
on May 17, 2017
This is a good start to reading. As an adult you may look at them and think "There is no real story here" or "This seems a bit too simplistic" but when your young reader is just starting to sound out words these books are great. They can work their way through the words one by one if necessary and the books are short enough that its not an insurmountable task.

I suggest getting all three series that go together for the age/grade.
BOB Books:
First Stories
Beginning Readers
Sight Words: Kindergarten
on June 24, 2016
I bought the other set of Bob beginner readers years ago for my older daughter and didn't like them, but for my younger daughter was a reluctant reader in kindergarten so in desperation I bought these to help her learn her sight words. This set has been essential in helping her learn to read. I recently pulled the older Bob set out of storage and I still like this set MUCH better. For one thing, kindergartners are assessed based on sight words. This set also has more of a story, such that it is, so they have given her confidence that she is actually reading a book. The other ones are really reading words, some of which make sense and others that don't.
on November 23, 2016
I can't say enough great things about the BOB books when it comes to teaching my kid how to read. they are fantastic.