Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 203 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 258 reviews
on January 10, 2011
I have done the P90X series (not just the workouts) 3 times now. Not only does P90X become redundant and boring after you have done it for nearly a year, but your body does eventually reach a plateau. Bob Harper's Cardio Conditioning is great. My calories burned after this workout was 650. P90X's cardio DVD burned a mere 500. Granted P90X's Plyometrics DVD is great, but if you have knee or back issues, this can put a strain on your joints. I would advise Harper's cardio DVD as either a supplement to your P90X routines, or your own cardio conditioning workout DVD. Its's a great fat burner, and my heart rate did not drop below my traget heart rate for the duration of this workout. This is saying a lot since I am a professional dancer, and my resting heart rate is 60.P90X Extreme Home Fitness Workout Program - 13 DVDs, Nutrition Guide, Exercise Planner
on October 19, 2013
This is my first Bob Harper DVD. I think I am an intermediate exerciser, working out 6 or 7 days a week for an hour at a time. This DVD is HARD, and will make you sore, especially in the thighs and hamstrings. Seriously. After the warmup, I think the first 10 minutes are just squats with different kettleball swings. Oh My Goodness. He does eventually move on to other stuff, my favorite being the mosh pit jumps. It reminds me of a class I used to take at the gym where the instructor would completely wear your arms out, then have you do over head work. It makes even light weights feel crazy heavy and your arms feel like lead. This is not a workout I would want to do 3x a week or anything, but for a good challenge once a week or so, this DVD would do the trick. One thing that I thought was awesome was the music. It's much more hard core than what you get on most workout DVD's. It's a great rock/metal sound with some recognizable songs, just no vocals. Vocals would probably take away from and distract you from the workout anyway. But it was nice to not have generic pop sounding music in the background.
on January 6, 2013
Background: It's only been recently that I started buying/using exercise DVDS (more accurately - I've always BOUGHT them, I just never USED them). I usually attend group fitness classes at the gym, but due to schedule changes, some of my favorite classes aren't offered at times that are convenient for me. Thus, I've turned my basement into an exercise lounge and have been using a variety of DVDs. Also, it's winter now and it's more difficult to get to the gym before work (OK, it's COLD out and that's why I don't want to go).

On to the review: This DVD contains two workouts - one 60-minute workout and one 25-minute workout. I just finished the 60-minute workout (literally - I am sitting at my computer typing in my sweaty workout clothes). There is a brief warmup and then Bob starts in with a series of weighted deadlifts, squats, and swings. Those large muscle group exercises are followed by walkout pushups/planks (my trainer calls them inchworms) then repeat the deadlifts, squats, and swings. These moves are really good at getting your heart rate up and keeping it up. Lots of squat holds (oh, my aching quads!). These moves are repeated several times during the 60 minutes. Upper body work includes overhead presses and front raises.

There are also a few plyometric moves incorporated - jump squats, ice skaters, "mosh pit" jumps (his term, not mine), etc. Also weighted jump rope (invisible jump rope required). There are jumping jacks, too, but I don't consider them a plyometric move. One of the three "video clients" does modified exercises for those with knee or other issues.

You will need a couple of different hand weights to do this DVD. A single heavy weight for the deadlifts and swings and a lighter pair for the upper body exercises (at least, I needed a lighter set to complete the reps with good form). For the weighted jump rope, Bob recommends 3# for women and slightly heavier for men (I confess - not paying attention to his recommendation for guys). I've been working out with weights for a couple of years now and I will probably invest in a pair of 12# hand weights for the upper body lifts and maybe either an 18# or 25# kettlebell for the deadlifts & squats. This DVD is about cardio conditioning so it's not about how heavy you lift, it's about speed and reps.

Last few minutes are devoted to ab work - standing crunches, oblique twists, etc. Then a quick (3 minute) cooldown and your'e done!

Overall, I gave this DVD 4 stars. I burned a lot of calories (446 per my HR monitor) and feel like I got a little bit of strength training in with my cardio work and I enjoyed it. It's not fancy but these are the moves that will get your heart rate up and keep it up. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that Bob doesn't tell you to stop and take a break if you need it and doesn't remind you to drink water while you work out (I think there is one "scheduled" water break in 60 minutes). I think it's important that home users be reminded to only do what they can and to take breaks when needed. If I wasn't an experienced exerciser, I think I would have been intimidated by the workout and may not have finished it. Because I do know that I need to listen to my body, I took short breaks (10-15 seconds) to grab a drink and I completed the workout. And I will do the DVD again because I think it is a good workout.

Final comments - experienced exercisers will get a good workout. Beginners can do this workout - just listen to your body, take breaks when you need them, drink some water, modify the moves as necessary and build up your endurance.

Happy exercising!
on September 5, 2015
I would say that I am an INTERMEDIATE exerciser--as of last year, I have lost a significant amount of weight so I've made a lot of progress in a year. I am able to keep up PRETTY WELL with Bob's DVDs as well as many Jillian Michaels' DVDs. I'm not going to play games--this DVD is HARD. But is it impossible? Absolutely not! I was terrified that it was going to kill me after reading all the reviews on it--and yes, it does get my heart rate up into a "dangerous" level (180 BPM three separate times in the DVD after the jumping jacks/fast feet, weighting jumping jacks and tuck jumps). But that is GOOD! Bob is doing what he promised--and I love it! Now to be fair, when he does the dead lifts, when I started, I used a rather light weight. That helped me not die during the work out. I slowly worked my way up to handling a heavier weight. Man, if you want your quads, butt and shoulders toned, Bob is where to go! The 20 minute work out is very unique as well--and that one will ALSO light your butt on fire. I enjoy doing that one--and I usually even do it with heavier weights than the people in the DVD! This is no silly dance moves sit and be fit kind of DVD--and heck, based on the way my legs and shoulders look, this girl isn't complaining!
on August 19, 2016
I have all of the Bob Harper inside out DVDs and while they are all great, this one is the best all around workout. I don't know that my heart rate was as high as with a Jilian Michaels high intensity cardio workout, but with straight cardio I always feel like I'm only getting half a workout. Bob mixes the right amount of cardio, strength movement and weights for a very balanced and highly energizing workout! I make myself do this workout when I'm exhausted and it always leaves me feeling awake and happy. You need a variety of weights to be able to push yourself though - I'd recommend women use a 15 to 20 lb weight for the "heavy" weight swinging exercises. 5 to 10 pounds for the alot of the arm work and 3 lbs for the fast movement arm work. This is a steal for the price - buy it, you won't be disappointed.
on April 2, 2017
this guys annoying. he doesn't do any of the exercises that he screams at others for not doing hard enough. he doesn't motivate me like some of the Beach Body stuff does. I have no interest in any more of his material. out of dozens of work out dvd s that I own, this might be my least favourite, definitely bottom 5.
on March 30, 2014
I bought this because of the great reviews. I gave this 3 stars instead of the 2 it probably deserves.
The majority of this workout is kettle bell squats, over and over again. I would say that 30 minutes of the 1 hour workout was kettle bell swings. The people in the video have horrible form, especially Zach. I am very disappointed that Bob didn't correct any of their forms. If you follow their lead, you will most likely hurt yourself.

I gave this a 3 because I don't mind the kettle bell swings *in moderation*, and I use proper form when doing these exercises. I feel like I get a pretty good workout. I don't plan on including this video in heavy rotation, but it's good for something different every now and then.
on November 28, 2016
LOVE this workout DVD. It has two workouts, one that's an hour (cardio) and one that's a quick butt and balance workout (20 mins.). Both are challenging. I run half marathons and do other various home workouts. Even the 20 min butt and balance routine left me sore the next day. I would rate these as intermediate to advanced. I'm very tired at the end of the hour workout. Lots of arms and lower body toning!!
on May 25, 2015
I've never sweat so much in any workout before in my life. I wear glasses and I had to keep wiping the sweat off them. I've been working out for some time. I used to be 330 pounds and I'm now down to 150 the last time I weighed myself. I did this from just changing my diet since I'm now vegan and working out. That being said, I was looking for something more challenging at this point to give me a really good workout.
Well I got what I asked for. This was by far one of the hardest dvd's I've ever done. Some of the moves are a bit repetitive but I feel like Bob keeps you going, and I enjoy the fast pace. There really isn't much instruction on this one for form so I'm not sure how good this would be for a beginner. I plan to keep this one in the rotation since my calorie burn has been pretty high on these. I would definitely recommend if you are wanting to challenge yourself and increase your endurance.
on February 4, 2016
I was really disappointed when I received this DVD! The box states that there is a 25 minute cardio routine that I hoped to begin with but instead is a Butt and Balance workout in addition to the full workout. I have the pure burn super strength DVD which I love, and which contains a shortened version (20 mins) of the full workout. I expected the same with this since - imagine this - the box describes just that. I'm a beginner and am not up to a full hour of either DVD. I was very surprised to put the DVD in and learn that there was no 25-minute cardio option on the DVD. The manufacturer assured me that the disc contains the correct content, but it is NOT the content described on the box. Buyer beware!