Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 12, 2017
I got it and immediately played it. I love ❤️ it !!
on January 6, 2017
Excellent DVD and transaction
on January 28, 2013
Was wonderful to see some of the bits from when I was growing up. Would have loved more from his Christmas specials in VietNam, but this was a worth it viewing.
on March 22, 2015
We enjoyed this dvd.
on December 6, 2014
Great show and great condition
on January 15, 2007
This was a good buy. I remember Bob Hope travelling abroad during the holidays, putting on his shows. This was a nice way to remember those days. I could have done without the celebs at his house and just seen the clips, that would have been enough for me.
on December 10, 2011
Good synopsis of Bob Hope over the years from his TV shows...alot of his opening one liners... brief clips from his war performances. Fast moving...& entertaining. I enjoyed it.
on December 15, 2016
Gift. Don't know if they liked it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
For decades, Bob Hope took shows around the world to entertain troops stationed in every remote corner. Each year he was joined by different groups of entertainers who generously donated their time during the holidays as well.

Set against the backdrop of a Christmas party at the home of Bob and his wife Delores, this DVD features clips from both Bob's USO shows and his Christmas specials through the years. Yes, Bob's humor was filled with corny one liners, but that never detracted from how much he could make everyone laugh.

Included on this DVD you'll find classic skits with Bing Crosby, Red Skelton, Loni Anderson and Phyllis Diller, John Forsythe, and a few more. There are USO show clips going back to Korea in the early 50s. Included are a few of the funnier moments that occured when Bob introduced the AP All American football teams each year on his Christmas special. Late in the DVD there is a very nice sequence with Bob and Delores singing Silver Bells, with cuts to various times Bob has performed that song over the years.

As a special feature, there are a few outtakes from Bob's many Christmas specials, and those are also a lot of fun. However, to be honest, Bob ad libbed so much that sometimes the outtakes don't seem a lot different from what made it on the air! LOL

Bob's contribution to entertainment and to generosity of spirit should never be forgotten, and I hope this DVD helps to preserve his memory in the hearts and minds of all of us.

Thanks for the Memories, Bob!
on January 21, 2017
My wife and I love "Christmas movies" and classic "Christmas specials," but shopping for classic TV specials is a tricky matter. There's a standard list of "old Christmas episodes" that seems to be recycled through various DVD companies and sets. The other problem is that some we've bought turn out to be duds: Someone got access to a grainy old bit of video and slapped it on a disk.

That's why I'm taking time to recommend this DVD. Obviously, it's aimed at people who remember Bob Hope and enjoy his style of humor. As a Baby Boomer, I realize that Hope has been eclipsed by contemporary comics and generally is remembered as a guy who seemed to support the war in Vietnam. I would point out that Woody Allen personally cites Hope as a comic genius whose classic performances influenced Woody himself.

If you're someone with a warm spot for Hope, then you will smile during segments of this DVD. It's an odd mish-mash of a late-in-life TV special Bob and his wife made supposedly filmed "in the Hope home" with various celebrities stopping by. What's great about this disk is that the visitors trigger "flashbacks" in which classic scenes are shown from earlier in Hope's TV career.

We always know, when ordering such disks, that we might wind up with something we already own or, sometimes, we risk getting junk. We watched through about a dozen disks this Christmas of classic material -- and this is the one we're choosing to rate with 5 stars.

Hope fans? This one is a gem.