My wife Amy and I are the co-creators of three masterpieces: Robert, Carl and Emma. We live in Glen Ellyn, Illinois with our 10 year-old mutt, Rufus, who is also a piece of work.
I was born in Chicago, the oldest of four boys, and grew up in the suburb of Des Plaines. As a kid I loved to draw. I was also into making balsa wood airplanes and model rockets. My favorite sport has always been baseball.
Bob Raczka's Art Adventures is my ongoing nonfiction series published by The Millbrook Press. There are currently 14 books in the series. The latest, called Before They Were Famous: How Seven Artists Got Their Start, is a Junior Library Guild selection.
I've also written a series of four books about the seasons, published by Albert Whitman: Spring Things, Summer Wonders, Who Loves the Fall? and Snowy Blowy Winter.
My current love is writing children's poetry. My poetry titles include:
• Guyku: A Year of Haiku for Boys (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
• Lemonade and Other Poems Squeezed from a Single Word (Roaring Brook)
• Fall Mixed Up (Carolrhoda)
• Joy in Mudville (Carolrhoda)
• Santa Clauses: Short Poems from the North Pole (Carolrhoda)
• Presidential Misadventures: Poems that Poke Fun at the Man in Charge (Roaring Brook)
For more information, please visit my website at bobraczka.com