Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 93 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 104 reviews
on June 7, 2014
Respectful of where and who he has come from but also respectful of healthful information and where he wants to go in the future. I think Bobby Deen is charming on TV and has a good sense of what good - and healthful -cooking is. I like how he is respectful and loving of his mother and the food he grew up on, but also how he is distinguishing himself from the kind of cooking that she has done that might not be the most healthful now. His recipes are good and his cooking attitude is good and his way of approaching those previous recipes (and new ones) is refreshing and inspiring. He takes his (and maybe some of your) favorites and makes them more healthful without using junk or fake ingredients - at least not that I'm aware of. For example, the pimento cheese recipe that he uses as a grilled cheese sandwich filling is delicious. It retains the traditional pimento cheese flavors, enhances them, lightens them up and it's delicious. If you love fattening southern or similar ways of cooking but are wanting to eat in more healthful ways, you can find really inventive recipes here to inspire you.
on March 14, 2014
And the best is eating like a king on a paupers purse while losing weight and feeling better. A great guide to living healthy.
on February 21, 2014
I have Bobby Deen's first cookbook, and find it to be a very good one, so I have been looking forward to this one. It doesn't disappoint at all, and is a book that I will use often. (I usually read cookbooks for inspiration and fun, rather than for recipes to make exactly as written. This book is one whose recipes I will actually follow. One exception to that is the use of turkey bacon. Having looked into the differences between turkey, pork, and center-cut pork bacon, I'll stick with the real thing, preferring center-cut when I can get it.)

I started putting post-it notes on the pages where I found recipes that I want to fix soon, but before long, the book was full of post-it notes. Looks like I need to just jump in with both feet and start preparing the recipes. I don't think anyone who likes to cook and is concerned about making healthy yet delicious food will be disappointed with the purchase of this book. I've had over 250 cookbooks over the years, and this one is going to be used a lot. I'm even buying the Kindle version so that I'll always have the recipes and ingredients lists at hand, whether on my iPhone or my iPad.
on March 17, 2014
I stopped buying recipe books since I can find almost any recipe online now. But after seeing Bobby Deen on the Today show talking about his new book I just had to have it. I love the fact that he is making an effort to make meals healthy and delicious. My husband and I eat mostly vegetarian meals but also have fish or seafood a couple times a week. There are plenty of recipes in this book to satisfy our weekly menu. My favorite recipe is the Kale and 3 bean chili. It is unique from any vegetarian chili I have tried before and is wholesome, satisfying and flavorful with a little spicy kick. My husband loves it (with a side of cornbread) and requests it at least once a week and I've given the recipe to many friends who have tried it and love it. Can't wait to try the pasta and bean soup with pesto, southwest corn chowder, shrimp coconut curry & many, many more recipes! Wow, I'm getting hungry just thinking about all of them! The recipes are all easy to follow and quick to prepare. Thanks Bobby for making healthy eating fun, yummy and a lot easier!!
on April 6, 2014
The problem with a lot of cookbooks is that they are just over the top. They give you a lot of recipes that are good but you couldn't possibly eat every day. The kind of things you are willing to go out and buy at a restaurant or bakery but not something you could eat every day. With Bobbly Deen's cookbooks, this is every day food made to taste great to take everyday eating to a new level. So far all the recipes I have made in this book have worked perfectly and tasted great and you can eat them over and over again.
The only critique I would have is that sometimes to make the calorie count extra low he increases the servings to pretty low amount. One chicken dish was about 220 cal for 8 servings. I think that even a weight-watching person the dish was really more like 4 servings. But even then it is only 440 cal.
on February 24, 2014
Well, they really aren't so everyday recipes, but they are easy to make and are low in calories. Beautifully illustrated and easy to follow directions and recipes.
on May 17, 2015
The cookbook is excellent. Not only do you know the calories, but the meals that I have tried (about 10 so far), are delicious! I am very happy with this purchase.
on May 27, 2017
Product as described, would buy again.
on May 22, 2016
The recipes are ok...but not that great. will try a few. bought it blind so was unsure about it.
on September 3, 2014
Really like this cookbook a lot! Would love to see him change it up a bit more. That being said, some of these recipes are quite yummy! Not a ton of ingredients nor time consuming....and mostly fresh! Definitely recommend getting this book!