- Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 4 x 8 inches ; 5 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 5.5 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B001KUWFL6
- UPC: 652135755579 030684880360 707005278969 039978025357 129600136688 190283126709 021959128799
- Item model number: 1532C204
- Customer Reviews:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#68,847 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #224 in Cooking & Baking Thickeners
Bob's Red Mill Finely Ground Tapioca Flour, 20-ounce (Pack of 4)
- Case of Four, 20 oz. bags (5 lbs. total)
- Gluten Free; Vegan; Vegetarian; Paleo Friendly; Kosher Pareve
- Manufactured in a dedicated gluten free facility; R5-ELISA tested gluten free
- Great thickener for soups, sauces, stews
- Lends springy texture to gluten free baked goods
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Don't let gluten dictate your diet. There is nothing quite like the crunch of a crispy crust or the satisfying chew of a warm pastry. Bob's Red Mill Finely Ground Tapioca Flour helps put your favorite dishes back on the menu. Also known as tapioca starch, this gluten free white flour is one of our most versatile gluten free flours. The smooth texture is great for thickening soups, stews and pie fillings as well.
Style: Standard | Size: 20 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy
Adds chewiness and texture to baked goods; improves crispness to crusts; and serves as a thickener in sauces, pies, and soups.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
-- Debbie Lee Wesselmann
One thing I learned about this product though, having made a total of 4 batches is that you should only mix the dough until it is fully blended, and don't knead the dough like you would with wheat flour. This of course makes sense as a gluten-free flour since you aren't trying to develop the gluten.
The only thing that I wish Bob's Red Mill would do with their products is to put a reseal on their package. If you aren't using a full container each time, you need to find some way to store it away from moisture. That means locating a canning quart or something to store it in. Just a ziplock kind of closure would be so nice.
Bob's makes consistently good products that are generally reasonable in price compared to others. If you are baking GF breads with Bette Hagman's fabulous book, you will use a lot of this. I've been baking GF for almost 2 years and just discovered her book. Her 4 Flour Bean mix uses 8 cups of this for a large batch, which makes 8-10 medium loaves; 8 cups is about 2 bags.
On the other hand, if you are a fan of Nicole Hunn's recipes, you'll likely use less. I haven't seen her new book, though; it may lean more on tapioca starch than her first books and blog do.
So have your recipes to hand if possible and consider what you expect to use so you can buy in bulk if needed and save money.
Top international reviews
trotz versand aus uk, relativ schnell. der deutsche zoll scheint es geöffnet zu haben und das "mysteröse pulver" inspiziert zu haben. denke nicht, dass die beamten mit diesem "vegan" lebensmittel was anfangen konnten:-)) LOL