Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 261 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 291 reviews
on January 13, 2017
August 2016 my blood work numbers were bad. So I researched and decided to incorporate oat bran rather than oat meal for better results. Local grocery store stopped carrying this brand, so I turned to Amazon. Every day I mix 3TBSP Bob's oat bran with 1 oz half and half and 4 oz water. I use a jigger to accurately measure. Then microwave until almost all liquid is absorbed. I mix in a healthy dash of cinnamon and 2 packets of Splenda. Tasty and filling. Regimen also includes Jarrow Citrus Bergamot 2 capsules daily am & pm and one SLO-Niacin caplet at night with 4 baby aspirins to mitigate flushing. My husband didn't follow this regimen for the four months as I did. When we both had a recheck of blood work in December, he got a call from our doctor to begin statins. I didn't get any such call. My numbers had significantly improved. I love Bob's Oat Bran even if it didn't help lower my bad cholesterol numbers.
on October 4, 2016
I take 2 TB. daily with flax meal and it helps to keep my IBS under control. It's hard to find organic oat bran in the stores around here and this is much cheaper than what I have been able to find around here if I could find it sometimes. I will continue to purchase it here. It makes a nice hot cereal with soy milk too. I try to stick to organic or at least non-gmo for my foods, I am vegan.
on January 12, 2014
I add oat bran to just about everything. Everything I can. I put it in soups, spaghetti sauce, gravy, burritos, you name it!
They say that oat bran washes out cholesterol from your body. I don't know about you, but I definitely need that. Heart attacks are happening to people everywhere, and that scares me. Oat bran is my way of fighting back. Plus oat bran is very easy to put in your food and it makes it taste better and gives it more body and volume. Oat bran tastes good all by itself in a bowl with some molasses or honey and a little butter as a breakfast dish too. There are plenty of studies on the internet that show that Oat Bran does lower cholesterol, so I definitely advise you to buy some and start putting it into your food now. It will be a great benefit to your health. It will also help your bowel movements to be good and regular without being anything like a laxative. It will make your guts operate better. Believe me, I know!
on January 26, 2016
I bought this oat bran to add more fiber and protein to my breakfast meals . I like that it has 7 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein per serving . When I first tried it I was a bit disappointed in it. I thought it tasted bland and didn't have any real texture to it . Once I added fruit usually blueberries or dried cranberries to it along with a little brown sugar and a splash of coconut or almond milk to it I really liked it. I have ordered it several times since.
on May 14, 2016
I can't recommend this stuff enough! I had been following a low carb diet (high protein, tons of veggies). I have toyed with carb cycling, but I don't know if it's for me. I tried wheat bran and it's almost inedible as a hot cereal (though great for baked muffins!). Instead I'm adding in some morning grains with this oat bran. I could t be happier - satisfies my carb craving, yummy in the morning, great for the tummy, even healthier than oatmeal. Amazing! I've never been disappointed with bob's red mill and this is no exception.
on November 15, 2010
I ordered this on accident. For some reason I thought I was getting Steel Cut Oats that I buy all the time. I was disappointed when I saw my mistake. AND THEN! I tried it. I absolutely, positively love this cereal! It has changed my morning routine. I put the required amount into the microwave with water-in less than 2 minutes it is done. I mix it with Almond milk(I love cow's milk, but it doesn't love me :( ) I sweeten the mix with a dusting of stevia sweetener. You don't need very much stevia as it is very sweet. This makes a thick satisfying "shake". Easy to drink and take as you drive to work. I have also added various add-ins and it just gets better and better. I have added cherry juice concentrate/raisins/cranberries/almonds/flax seed...the list goes on and on. But no matter what I add or don't add I love the texture and the taste. It is the best mistake I ever made. Thank you to the universe for this serendipitous mistake. Oh yes, it reminds me of when I was young and my mother made us Cream of Wheat "shakes" for breakfast. I can't have wheat anymore either...so this makes me so happy to find this product!!! YAY!
I'm adding more info, in July 2016.
I haven't gotten bored or tired of this product EVER!
I have started mixing with rolled oats.
I put rolled oats, oat bran, walnuts, raisins, pure vanilla into bowl run well water into bowl. Microwave 3 minutes. Dust with stevia, or use raw honey to sweeten. No milk...no almond milk either. If too thick, I add water. I love this!!!!!
The Amazon 4-pack comes packaged in the original Bob's box, put inside an amazon box for shipping.
The price is great. I could not find this item at my local grocers even though they carry other Bob's products. Amazon has everything! And great price, too. The oat bran is delicious. Creates a creamy hot cereal. Totally delicious with milk and a light dusting of brown sugar. I also tried the Dukan Diet pancakes made with greek yogurt and egg whites. I made the savory herb ones. They were wonderful...even my husband, who wasn't dieting, enjoyed them. Oat bran is also filling and keeps me full all morning. It has less calories than oatmeal...and more fiber. Great for digestive health! I particularly like that the bran is in small packages. I open and use one at a time. I feel like it stays fresher that way. I can also give them to friends and family to introduce them to the benefits of oat bran.
I highly recommend this product and buying it from Amazon.
on January 24, 2012
PURE USDA "ORGANIC" HIGH FIBER HOT OAT BRAN CEREAL

Per serving ...
- Only 15 cents!!! Plus milk and whatever else you want to add in.
- Only 120 calories plus milk, etc. Filling, satisfying and great if you're on a diet or not.
- Excellent source of fiber! 10 grams, which is 20% of your DV. Awesome!
- 5 grams protein, 10% DV

My recipe ...
Pour the following in a gallon Ziploc, close it, crush and turn baggie around till well mixed. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
- 1 package Bob's Red Mill Organic Oat Bran Cereal
- 1 t salt
- ½ c (heaping) brown sugar

To make 1 serving ...
- In a microwave safe container: mix 1/3 c cereal, add enough Silk Very Vanilla Soymilk to your liking, stir, microwave on High for 2 minutes, stir and enjoy!
- If you want, you can add fruits and/or nuts

This is a nutritious and oooooh so yummy hot cereal that may reduce the risk of heart disease and some cancers. Mmm, mmmm good!
VINE VOICEon April 20, 2012
Simply by good luck did I stumble across this product. I originally intended to buy McCANN'S Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal, 28-Ounce Tins (Pack of 4). During my search I found this and saw all the stellar reviews for it. Those reviews, along ith a great price, and a personal history of always being satisfied with countless Bob's Red Mill products over the years led me to buy this. It arrived yesterday and I was anxious to try it so I made it for lunch. I can assure you, all the great reviews for this cereal are warranted. It's absolutely delicious, and very satisfying.

Serve it to yourself and others just as you would oatmeal (e.g., with raisins, butter, honey, maple syrup, milk, etc., whatever tickles your fancy). If you like Scottish type oatmeal - it's not as thick as the Irish steel cut, I'm confident you'll like this. You'll probably like it even if you're accustomed the thicker steel cut oats.

Buy with confidence and enjoy this hot delicious cereal.
on June 18, 2016
I just received my product today. I am a little dissappointed that the nutrition info shown on the package is not what I received. Not that big of a deal but the picture shows 7g of protein, 7 g of fiber and no sugar. However when I received the product it shows 6g protein, 6g of fiber and 1g sugar. I'm not sure why the macros are different seeing I clicked on that exact product. Again not that big of a deal but I like to get what I ordered.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.