Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,039 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,122 reviews
on February 8, 2017
This is my second purchase of this popcorn. I use an air popper. It pops up light and fluffy. I keep my unopened bags of popcorn in my freezer. I put the bag I am using in a glass jar which I keep in the fridge. I believe this holds in the moisture and freshness of the kernels. It's just the two of us, so the previous order lasted 9 months of at least one batch of popcorn per week.
on March 15, 2017
Fantastic popcorn! I love white popcorn because it doesn't leave big kernel husks that get stuck in your teeth and gums. This popcorn pops extremely well (in my last few batches, I couldn't spot a single unpopped kernel!), and it results in fluffy, delicate, crunchy popcorn when prepared correctly.

One huge mistake I made early on was using a heavy-bottomed pan. Don't do this! Every time I use a heavy-bottomed pan, my popcorn ends up soggy and mushy, even with lots of ventilation and airflow. Using a thinner copper-bottomed pan and the highest heat setting has consistently resulted in amazing popcorn. Just make sure that you transfer it to a bowl immediately after it's finished popping to prevent it from burning.
on January 7, 2016
Popcorn the "old fashioned way" in our home means the air popper! We are a popcorn loving family. We make popcorn at least a few times per week and enjoy this wonderful high quality popcorn with butter and salt...and sometimes cayenne. :) Previously we had purchased Arrowhead Mills Organic and it was okay but too expensive. Next we purchased the 12.5 pound bag from Great Northern Original and it lasted for about 9 months, stayed fresh and was crisp and delicious but too many kernals left over. We thought we'd try something different, so here's Bob's Red Mill. This is white popcorn, crisp even when buttered, but not the crispest we've had. There are some kernals left over - not as much as with Great Northern. The taste is a good popcorn taste, but I think we as a family prefer the Great Northern. There was always a delightful smell in the house when popping Great Northern that we don't get with this brand. We purchased this in bulk, so we're going to have to use all this popcorn before we purchase anything else.
on July 7, 2016
Best popcorn I have made. I use an air popper and thought that the quality of the popcorn I had been making was a product of using this method instead of oil. The other brands were sort of stale tasting and almost chewy. We're talking about normal brand-name kernels as well as so-called gourmet kernels. Bob's Red Mill White Corn Popcorn was very light and fluffy and easy to eat. It also seemed to make more popped corn when I put in the same amount. I'm guessing that is a combination of bigger pieces being popped or fewer unpopped kernels. Also a great price for the volume that you get. Although I'm guessing that it will go fast because it is so good.

Update. Ordered this again and the popcorn did not pop as light and fluffy as the first time. Can't imagine how it could be my popper. I'm thinking maybe this batch was not as fresh.
on June 12, 2015
I wanted to like this popcorn, but I just can't get it to pop right in my air popper. I have tried refrigerating it, freezing it, and just keeping it in the pantry--with the same poor results. Using 1/4 cup of popcorn, I'd say close to half don't pop. I love Arrowhead Mills Organic Whole Yellow Popcorn and only bought this one when the Arrowhead was out of stock. The Arrowhead is awesome--nearly all pop and it has great flavor which matters to me since I eat my popcorn plain--no salt, no butter, just air popped.
on April 16, 2016
If you're looking for a great brand of popcorn, look no further! This is our favorite kind of popcorn for movie nights! We make it with coconut oil and add Himalayan Pink salt on top and it is perfect! I love the fact that it is NON GMO (which is hard to find with a lot of corn products) and the fact that I can buy it in bulk and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
We used to buy microwaveable bags of popcorn, but then I learned about all the chemicals in the bags that end up in our snack. So, when I got a popcorn popper for Christmas, I was finally able to serve my family one of our favorite movie night treats! I'll be buying Bobs Red Mill brand for as long as Amazon has it available. I will also be recommending it to my friends and family who want a healthier treat that is just as easy to make at home.
on January 9, 2015
In short, Bob's makes a superior popcorn, in texture, flavor and high topping absorbency. For more, read below.

I made a hesitant switch to Bob's Red Mill Corn Popcorn after I used the very last of my beloved Eden Organics popping corn. Bob's makes excellent products of flour alternatives and their oatmeals are whole, nutty and delicious, just the way they should be. But, I surely thought they wouldn't have the bandwidth or the ability to source and mass distribute a good popping corn, as well. But they do, and how.

At first, I loved that Eden Organics popping corn because it was crisp and light, never stale when it first came out of my air popper. However, I did notice that after about half an hour, the popcorn's consistency began to feel like styrofoam and would unpleasantly stick to my teeth. I thought that was the nature of using an air popper, instead of popping corn on the stove.

But, Bob's popping corn is far superior to Eden's corn. I don't know what makes it so, but the finished popcorn is light, airy and fluffy, and surprisingly, never stales or ends up with a styrofoam consistency. The finished popcorn has a deeper flavor and tastes more like corn, instead of the bland popcorn I have grown to accept and eat.

Bob's also takes toppings very well and the toppings somehow adhere to the popcorn better than any other I have made in my air popper. I often melt Irish butter on my popcorn, sometimes adding soy sauce to the melted butter or at times I toss the popcorn with olive oil, salt and pepper, and shredded Parmesan cheese. With Eden's product, I was often left with a pool of butter at the bottom and some of the topping-covered popcorn saturated and wilted. With Bob's, however, the finished product yields to the heavy toppings and the toppings are more evenly distributed, and I rarely have a large pool of butter or oil sitting on the bottom of the bowl.

Overall, I adore Bob's popping corn and I don't know if I could ever go back to using any other brand's popping corn. Not only is their product of high value and quality, but I also trust that when they say organic, they mean organic through and through. Give Bob's popping corn a try. I know you'll love it.
on May 9, 2015
As a student of the art of making great popcorn, I have been on a quest to find the best kernels with which to work. I believe I have found it with this product. Bob's Red Mill popcorn is terrific. I don't really care about the non GMO stuff (probably should, but don't) I am only interested in taste and texture. This deserves high marks for both. A couple quick notes, when it comes to popcorn, I go stove top using a Whirly-pop for cooking, Flavacol for seasoning (not salt), too much butter, and cook in grapeseed oil (one family member doesn't care for coconut oil). Oil is the least important part of the equation. Not unimportant, just least important.

Obviously the popcorn is the star. Bob's always cooks up almost every last kernel, which is always a plus. They are slightly smaller then some brands (such as the also excellent Great Northern) but not much so. It cooks up light and fluffy, but still maintains a nice crunch factor. Some, like Orville Red are to fluffy and almost have a stale, texture. It is like eating attic insulation (the blown in kind). This doesn't. It is firm and almost has a very faint nuttiness to it.

All in all, a terrific popcorn. Of the many Amazon and store products I have tried, this is our favorite. Great Northern has fallen to number 2.
on February 18, 2015
I use an air popper and while this is better than yellow popping corn, it's still not my favorite. I bought this product based off the reviews as well as my previous brand experience. However this popcorn wasn't "all that." There were quite a few leftover unpopped kernels, the finished popped corn is smaller and tougher than I'm accustomed to, and to be honest it was pretty expensive at $5/bag. For the record, I'm comparing this against my preferred popping corn, my local grocery store's generic white popping corn (Shaw's Essential Everyday, distributed by Supervalu, Inc.).

If you're debating whether or not to get yellow or white popping corn, GO WHITE! It's much softer and more flavorful than yellow, and the hulls are much smaller. The difference is like night and day.

I'd buy Bob's popcorn again if my regular wasn't available though, so it was a fair purchase overall.
VINE VOICEon October 22, 2015
This is great popcorn. I've tried the yellow popcorn and I've mixed several colors but I always come back to the while corn. Pop this with coconut oil, add melted butter and either cheese powder or Old Bay Seasoning or whatever you prefer and you're good to go. I find the white pops best, leaving less shell. IMO, the yellow pops with more of the outer shell intact. Regardless of one's preference, this is 1,000's times better than microwave popcorn. Love Bob's Red Mill products and this White Corn Popcorn!! I keep it on hand all the time.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.