Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on December 7, 2017
I am using a Paramount popcorn machine with a 6 oz kettle.

We have tried the following popcorn so far:

1. Paramount - we purchased the pre-measured packages that include yellow popcorn kernels, oil and salt. The popcorn itself always popped small and dense, and was chewy and packed in your teeth. We tried a couple different kinds/combinations of the oil and salt, but the results were basically the same each time. I eventually threw away the Paramount kernels, as we just did not have good success with that.

2. We went to the standard Orville Redenbacher yellow popcorn kernels (off the grocery store shelf). This popped up fluffy and pretty nice, but never had much for flavor (except for the popcorn salt and oil it was popped in). Compared to Paramount, though, we thought we'd found the ticket, though it never quite was like the movie theater flavor.

3. We then tried the Bob's Red Mill white popcorn - and we think we've finally hit the jackpot. These pop up fluffy, crunchy and have a ROASTY-TOASTY corn flavor that the Paramount and OR's were completely lacking. This popcorn, popped only with coconut oil, will have a toasted corn/toasted oat cereal kind of flavor that is fantastic. Because of the kettle size of our machine, I do two batches as follows for my wife and I, which tastes as good, maybe better actually, than we get at the theater now:

1/4 c. Bob's white popcorn kernels
1 tbsp plain coconut oil
1/2 tbsp Paramount butter flavored popping oil
1/4 tsp Flavacol popcorn salt

Would highly recommend the Bob's white. The only "negative", is that the overall popped kernel size is a bit smaller than the OR's yellow is, but it's so fluffy and crunchy and flavorful, we are okay with that.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon March 16, 2017
The one thing that I noticed about this Bob’s Red Mill White Corn is that it seems to be more delicate than the yellow variety. It pops up light and fluffy without an excess of annoying rough pieces of hull attached. It tastes good plain but I like to add different toppings to it after popping.

Two tablespoons popped in a silicone popper in the microwave provide a nice size bowl of popcorn for one. With each batch, I have found that about a teaspoon of kernels are left unpopped. However, that may just be due to my cooking time and/or type of popper.

I prefer to keep the unopened bags in the freezer and the open bag in the refrigerator. I have not noticed any difference in quality or popping time compared to the popcorn stored at room temperature.
review image
on December 16, 2017
Bag was open and kernels spilled all over my prime pantry box. I couldn't use any of the product.
review imagereview image
on November 30, 2017
One of the bags of popcorn was open with popcorn all over the box. Other 2 were fine.
review image
on April 22, 2016
I have been buying this brand of popcorn for several years now and I love it! My son loves it too! It pops almost every kernel every time. The popcorn is a smaller crunchy type compared to say movie theater popcorn. It is the white popcorn and not yellow. I have bought the yellow in this brand and I don't like it as much as the white. It is really delicious with salt and butter or if you want to add melted cheese and Konriko jalapeño seasoning it is great like that too! What ever you want to add to this popcorn I think it will be good. I buy this exclusively from Amazon because I can not find it in stores where I live. It comes in a sealed box with four individual packages inside. I take them out of the box and put them into the freezer. This helps it stay fresh I think. I pop it in either a microwave container made for popping or a stir crazy popper. In the microwave I do not use anything in the bowl to help it pop. In the stir crazy I use olive oil since it's better for you than margarine. This popcorn is non GMO for all of you who want non GMO products. I am including some pictures of the package it comes in since you can not read what is on the one in the picture provided.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on February 26, 2014
This popcorn works in an air popper, which is unusual for a smaller white popcorn. There is minimal waste with unpopped kernels and hull fragments are almost non-existent. The taste was very fresh and almost sweet, so it could be eaten plain if one is concerned about calories.
The one flaw was in the shipping and handling. The 4 cello bags were in a Bob's Red Mill box (within the Amazon box), which was a good thing because 3 of the 4 bags broke during shipping. Fortunately, the BRM box contained the loose popcorn.
on March 7, 2014
I first looked into buying popcorn kernels when I moved out of my parents place and saw how much bags of popcorn actually cost. It is insane. Not to mention you have no idea what they are putting in those bags.

I bought this along with a hot air popper and just this popcorn alone is very good. I do add salt and some butter.

If it is your first time popping corn without a bag, don't use a lot. I made a mistake and made a bowl of popcorn for 5.
on August 19, 2015
I love this popcorn. It's crunchy and tender. I use a Whirly-Pop popper, and one half cup of these kernels with about 2 tsp of oil pops up to fill the whole kettle, with very little un-popped corn. I've tried other "premium" white popcorn, and it hasn't performed nearly as well. Also, with the Bob's Red Mill, I get fewer husks stuck in my teeth.
on June 25, 2015
Tasty and nearly every kernel pops!
I have long been a fan of Bob's products, and this does not disappoint.
Excellent flavor and pop for a great price here on Amazon, this is a white corn, with relatively little husk to popped corn ratio.
We have popcorn 3-4 times/week, so we know popcorn!
on April 12, 2016
I am a huge white popcorn fan, been eating it for years. This popcorn is too chewy, not crunchy enough. I got through 1.5 of the 4 bags and gave it away. I'm going to stick with Orville's white popcorn or Snappys white popcorn, as those have both been crunchy and delicious every time.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.