Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,116 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,211 reviews
on January 13, 2016
I eat one serving of popcorn practically every evening to prevent me from eating something that might be higher in calories, so I know good popcorn. In saying that, this popcorn is not as fluffy and big like "pop secret" white popcorn is. I promise you, the pop secret brand is so much better, but the price on this case was less. I use 3 tablespoons and it will almost fill up a lunch bag (microwave method), with the pop secret, and using the bob's red mill it only fills up about half the bag after popped. Also, the popped corn kernels are small with the bob's red mill and not that tender. Once I'm finish with the case I'll be going back to my old stand-by. I checked the expiration date and it doesn't expire for a year so I'm assuming that's not the issue. I wish I could say I love this brand but I just don't.
VINE VOICEon October 9, 2012
I am a fan of popcorn and we eat it on a regular basis. I became concerned about GMOs in the popcorn I was buying, so I decided to try Bob's Red Mill. [They have a no-GMO policy in all of their products, whether they are organic or not].

This popcorn was awesome! Fluffy, white, and very tasty. Also, I cook my popcorn the "old fashioned way" in a pan with a lid on top of the stove. This popcorn had almost a 100% pop rate. Out of an entire large pan, 5 kernels were left unpopped. With all of the other brands I've tried, I always had WAY more unpopped kernels.

You can't go wrong with this popcorn - I love it!
55 comments| 214 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2016
I have been buying this brand of popcorn for several years now and I love it! My son loves it too! It pops almost every kernel every time. The popcorn is a smaller crunchy type compared to say movie theater popcorn. It is the white popcorn and not yellow. I have bought the yellow in this brand and I don't like it as much as the white. It is really delicious with salt and butter or if you want to add melted cheese and Konriko jalapeño seasoning it is great like that too! What ever you want to add to this popcorn I think it will be good. I buy this exclusively from Amazon because I can not find it in stores where I live. It comes in a sealed box with four individual packages inside. I take them out of the box and put them into the freezer. This helps it stay fresh I think. I pop it in either a microwave container made for popping or a stir crazy popper. In the microwave I do not use anything in the bowl to help it pop. In the stir crazy I use olive oil since it's better for you than margarine. This popcorn is non GMO for all of you who want non GMO products. I am including some pictures of the package it comes in since you can not read what is on the one in the picture provided.
review image review image review image review image
on January 27, 2015
The best! I love this stuff and I pretty much eat it every night. The first batch that I got came in the mail opened and as we all know by now, Amazon has great customer service and refunded the money. I decided to give it another shot and I am glad that I did. I have been eating this popcorn since April of 2014 and I absolutely love the stuff plus, I lost about ten pounds (probably because this replaced my more fattening late night snacks).

Okay, here is what I do: I use Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper, White which I purchased here on Amazon and I use Pam or a similar spray (not too much - I just apply a light coating as the popcorn is popping) and then I put on Sea Salt and I have a fantastic late night snack that fills me and doesn't make me fat.

This popcorn does not leave a lot of un-popped cornels, a few, but not enough to be of concern. You can stop looking because I spent a great deal of time doing the research and I have been enjoying it pretty much daily with great satisfaction. Just buy it because you will be satisfied.

Two final suggestions: First, I have noticed that the price can fluctuate between 15 and 20 dollars. It lasts a long time so you may want to time your refills so that you make the purchase when it is at $15. Second, It comes in multiple packages. I keep my open package in a small tupperware container in the refrigerator, I don't know if this is necessary, but I do know that my popcorn is fresh.
on April 7, 2017
I was hesitant to buy into the hype (as I am with many products), but decided to give this a try. I normally would always buy the Orville kind, but decided why not. I am glad to have done so. This popcorn not only tastes great and clean, but also pops at a perfectly medium size (the ones that pop large tend to taste like cardboard while small ones are a bit too crunchy). Not only that, but there are very few duds in the batch. When I pop this on the stove, I get only 1 or 2 unpopped kernels. When I use a microwave popper with a tiny bit of oil and popcorn salt (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G7SGOL2), I end up with more than a few unpopped kernels, but this is easily remedies by throwing them back in and they all still pop.

Note: I use Orville's popcorn oil, but honestly, it isn't that great and I find the coconut oil ones out there are better. Still shopping around for a decently priced one, but I do really love Flavacol's popcorn salt.
on March 15, 2017
Fantastic popcorn! I love white popcorn because it doesn't leave big kernel husks that get stuck in your teeth and gums. This popcorn pops extremely well (in my last few batches, I couldn't spot a single unpopped kernel!), and it results in fluffy, delicate, crunchy popcorn when prepared correctly.

One huge mistake I made early on was using a heavy-bottomed pan. Don't do this! Every time I use a heavy-bottomed pan, my popcorn ends up soggy and mushy, even with lots of ventilation and airflow. Using a thinner copper-bottomed pan and the highest heat setting has consistently resulted in amazing popcorn. Just make sure that you transfer it to a bowl immediately after it's finished popping to prevent it from burning.
on March 10, 2014
Having been totally satisfied with their White popcorn -- delicious & almost NO old maids (un-popped kernels), I decided to try the Yellow. Totally opposite experience from the White -- not only many old maids, but what was popped was half-popped (full of hard pieces). Was this batch improperly stored near heat, etc., or differently processed? Who knows? Won't be returning 3 unopened bags (too much trouble). Will take a chance & order the White once more. If this turns out to be a bad batch also, you'll definitely hear from me

Stay tuned...
on June 12, 2015
I wanted to like this popcorn, but I just can't get it to pop right in my air popper. I have tried refrigerating it, freezing it, and just keeping it in the pantry--with the same poor results. Using 1/4 cup of popcorn, I'd say close to half don't pop. I love Arrowhead Mills Organic Whole Yellow Popcorn and only bought this one when the Arrowhead was out of stock. The Arrowhead is awesome--nearly all pop and it has great flavor which matters to me since I eat my popcorn plain--no salt, no butter, just air popped.
on February 8, 2017
This is my second purchase of this popcorn. I use an air popper. It pops up light and fluffy. I keep my unopened bags of popcorn in my freezer. I put the bag I am using in a glass jar which I keep in the fridge. I believe this holds in the moisture and freshness of the kernels. It's just the two of us, so the previous order lasted 9 months of at least one batch of popcorn per week.
on February 18, 2013
We bought this to use with our air popper. We had read some reviews on here about the popcorn and decided to give it a try. It was everything we hoped for. The corn pops up nice and fluffy and really doesn't need any butter or salt to make it tasty. You can eat it straight out of the popper. We usually spray a little Pam (butter flavor) on it and toss it just with the spray or with a little popcorn flavoring. If you can pop your own popcorn, it's so much cheaper than buying the microwaved stuff! Very tasty.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.