Bob's Red Mill Flaked Coconut (Unsweetened), 12-ounce (Pack of 4)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Case of Four, 12 oz. bags (3 lbs. total)
- Vegan; Vegetarian; Paleo Friendly; Kosher Pareve
- No preservatives
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Bob's Red Mill Unsweetened Flaked Coconut are a special ingredient. Capable of providing the crunchy coating for a freshly baked cookie, a refreshing taste in a cake, or a remarkable alternative for a savory side. Unsweetened to let the natural taste of coconut shine, and sized large enough to enjoy on their own as a snack. It's easy to mix into granola, blend into coconut butter or even cook into savory vegan "bacon bits." Reward your taste buds with Bob's Red Mill Unsweetened Flaked Coconut.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat, and milk.
Lovely to decorate cakes and pies, or use in granola, trail mixes, or munch on alone.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For those on the fence due to a conservation other than price, here is the skinny:
• Large flakes that are the perfect size to sprinkle on a coconut cake or tempura or whatever you can imagine. We like coconut, so I end up adding a couple of spoonfuls to a lot of exotic sauces for extra taste and texture.
• These large flakes can be shredded into smaller pieces. (I use our ancient mini food processor that was many moons ago used to chop and make baby food.) Play around with size. You might find you prefer the larger flakes for coconut pudding and such, instead of the smaller shreds that can get lost among other ingredients. This larger size is fine for making trail mix, cannot imagine smaller would be better.
• Agree with others that the flakes are on the dry side, but that's unavoidable, since they are unsweetened and there are no other additives to keep them super moist. (That's a good thing.) I rehydrate in a small bowl of milk, depending on amount to be used. If adding to pudding, pie filling, or cake, the milk, water or other liquid added to the recipe will rehydrate the flakes on its own.
I'd have given the Bob's Red Mill, which produces a ton of other food products we like, 5 stars if there was just a bit more taste there to the flakes.
After making 3 batches of it, the food processor had basically paid for itself compared to the price of 3 jars of coconut mana or coconut butter.. At the price Amazon sells this coconut, it costs under $3 a jar, compared to the going rate of $9.75 for a jar of mana and $13.30 for a jar of butter...
BUT... I got a message that it was no longer a Subscribe & Save item so I had to find it again at a reasonable price. I did, within a dollar or two, rather than 100% more as some sellers are charging. What I received was not the quality of my first eight bags. The flakes were just pitiful compared to the previous bags. Small. Crumbled. Simply different. All FOUR bags. Ugh! Maybe good if I need really small pieces, but not what I wanted nor expected. At first I thought "Did I order the wrong thing?" I had two bags from my previous order, so I compared them to the four new bags. There were a few changes in the labels, but it was the same item with the same name. If the quality is sub-par the next time I order, then I'll be returning them and going with a different brand altogether.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.