- File Size: 3454 KB
- Print Length: 247 pages
- Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (May 3, 2016)
- Publication Date: May 3, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01CRHOTJQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#5,705 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
- #38 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Historical
- #40 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Religious
- #68 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Western & Frontier
|Print List Price:||$30.99|
Save $30.99 (100%)
The Boden Birthright (The Cimarron Legacy): A Cimarron Legacy Novella Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 247 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
In this brief story, we see what drives Chance Boden to leave Boston for the wilds of the New Mexico Territory on a mission to reconnect with his four year old son, Cole, and with God. We meet the woman he marries to hold the land her father gave his blood to protect. We learn the roots and see new seeds planted for future threats and conflicts, while the characters of the three Boden children (Cole, Justin and Sadie) are established. But what I feel is the main take-away is the strong sense of the devotion to family that leads Chance to build a legacy for his children - both the ranch and a love of God.
Though this at times suffers from the rushed feel that many novellas have, a too common side effect due to the brevity of the form, it is well worth reading. While more somber and serious in tone than I expected from Connealy, it does have moments of humor that are simply precious. Having a four year old interrupt a tender moment and later question certain aspects of married life is the perfect touch of humor from an author who says she writes "romantic comedies with cowboys."
If you are a fan of clean historical romances set in the American Old West, western stories and/or romances in general, or just an enjoyable and uplifting story, then this is well worth reading. Especially recommended for fans of Mary Connealy, of which I count myself one having adored her Wild at Heart trilogy.
I'm looking forward to the novels of this series with great anticipation.
This review was originally published on bookworlder.wordpress.com
Series: The Cimarron Legacy
Genre: historical, western, romance, Christian
Publisher: Bethany House
Publication date: May 3, 2016
Number of pages: 72
Content Rating: PG
Book Rating: 5 stars
Other books in the series:
1-No Way Up
2-Long Time Gone
3-Too Far Down
An e-copy of this novella purchased for review. A review was not required and all views and opinions expressed are my own.
Chance has some feelings for Veronica, the rancher's daughter, but is still grieving for his deceased wife. He ends up fulfilling Frank's dying request and marries Veronica.
This is a clean historical romance for those who cater to this type of genre', which I do. I recommend this novella to anyone and would suggest reading it first in the series. Enjoy.
Plus there is the old trope about grandparents wanting to steal their grandchild away from a heretofor responsible and successful parent. Who are these grandparents? Most of my friends don't even want to babysit and do handstands when the kids get picked up. Not that we don't love them but get serious. Who wants to go through acne, first love and mouthy teenagers if there is a perfectly good parent available? Go ask you father if you can stay out all night. Let him deal with it.
I guess you can add a star if your a die hard Conneally fan. Or if your secret fantasy is raising your grandchildren. Or it's no big deal if your father gets shot and the killer gets away with it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Historical
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Western & Frontier
- Books > Romance > Western
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Western & Frontier
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Westerns