- Series: Early American Studies
- Hardcover: 280 pages
- Publisher: University of Pennsylvania Press (November 14, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0812241142
- ISBN-13: 978-0812241143
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,528,687 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Bodies of Belief: Baptist Community in Early America (Early American Studies)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Books with Buzz
Discover the latest buzz-worthy books, from mysteries and romance to humor and nonfiction. Explore more
"Lindman's book adds much to our understanding of a lesser-known but significant portion of the early American religious landscape. Bodies of Belief enriches our view of the growth of the Baptist faith, its regional variations, and the experience of various believers within it."—Journal of American History
"An important history of Baptists in early North America that moves deftly between the Church meeting house and its larger social and cultural contexts."—Church History
About the Author
Janet Moore Lindman is Associate Professor of History at Rowan University, New Jersey.