YED MagazinestoInspire Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon 25% off select Britax car seats

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on January 12, 2005
This is the 3rd of this type of travel press I have had, and all of them seem to have this problem. I've only had the latest one for less than a month, and now the seal is broken again. I'm really quite disappointed. I expected more from Bodum.
on November 28, 2008
I have been using this press 3-4 times a week for the past 2 months. I have had no problems with it in this time. At first glance it looked a little on the cheap side (let's admit, it is cheap). I wasn't too sure about the rubber around the screen. I thought I would have problems with coffee grounds getting by and making those last couple sips pretty terrible. However, I have found that it's only that last sip that has some grounds in it. I love that I can make my press coffee right in the cup before I grab it on my way to work. I have found that this will keep the coffee hot for about 90 minutes, cold in about 2 hours. I've been happy with the purchase and would recommend it to others.
on March 19, 2007
I have used this product for about a month and I find it to work well. Some coffee grinds escape the plunger, but I expected that.
VINE VOICEon April 13, 2009
I gave two stars because this COULD be such a great product. Perfect for my family, where my wife and I both drink different brew each day. Also perfect for camping. A great idea that could so easily be a four or five star product.

Unfortunately, despite repeated attempts, I could not get these mugs to brew coarse ground coffee without having an unacceptable amount of grinds floating around in the brew. I tried different water levels, different grinds of coffee, different temperatures of water, and different speeds of plunging (the last and final was done so excruciatingly slowly that even if it had resulted in a mug of coffee without grinds I probably would still be returning the mugs.)

I've been drinking French Press coffee at home for many years, so I am accustomed to the inescapable bits of coffee bean you get in your cup. This unit delivers very poor results. Let me put it this way: if you don't mind sucking your coffee through your teeth, then spitting out the grinds before your next sip, then this mug could be the ticket. Even the best result of the four or five attempts I made resulted in about 1-1/2 teaspoons grinds in the strainer I used to test the results. (1. Brew coffee according to directions, 2. push plunger down, 3. pour results through fine strainer.)

I'm going to return this item and keep looking for the perfect insulated single-serving French Press. Bummer.
on January 17, 2010
The rubber seal on the press isn't adequate, too many coffee grounds still squeeze past. I was spitting out grounds throughout the drink. Also, the little flip lid snapped off at the hinge the first time I opened it, very flimsy. Overall, really disappointing. I haven't used it since the first couple cups of coffee.
on January 13, 2008
I loved this product until it broke! I had only used it for about 3 months when the seal came off...that was fine actually, it just leaked more, but I still used it. However, when I arrived at my destination and looked through the plastic, I discovered that I'd lost about a third of my coffee! So confused, until I realized that the inner platic layer had cracked, and the coffee was now in the air space in-between the layers. Since this made it nearly impossible to get out the coffee, and it started to rot as I pondered what to do, I had to pitch the entire thing.
on August 31, 2009
First of all, it works, the filter is what you would expect for the price. It's easy to clean, and keeps your coffee warm and your coffee grinds out but make sure you really do have coarse ground coffee, if any of the grinds are too small they'll definitely sneak through on the sides of the filter.

The only complaint is I only got to use it twice before it broke. fell 3 feet onto concrete and it totally separated. Seemed like it should've been a litle more sturdy. Treat it like it's glass.
on October 7, 2009
The cup looks great and functions well. I mostly use it for loose leaf tea instead of coffee, but it does the job and the tea leaves stay at the bottom thanks to the mesh separator. The only issue I had with this was that it broke very easily, not the glass, but the seal that joins the two glass pieces towards the top, came undone, when the cup slipped from my hand. But I really liked it, so ended up ordering a second one. I love making tea in it
on February 5, 2010
I purchased this item as a Christmas gift and unfortunately, this product is quite a disappointment. The actual rubber ring on the plunger doesn't form a tight enough seal thus, there are coffee grounds/loose tea leaves contaminating the entire cup. It is completely unusable and will now sit on a shelf as the person for whom I purchased the gift feels guilty in throwing it out!
on December 4, 2010
I love this travel mug press. Makes a great cup of coffee on the go. Not realizing before I purchased it, if you use sugar in your coffee, might be a little difficult to add cause you once you press it, you don't take the lid back off to be able to stir. Fortunately for me, I only use cream, so I just pour it thru the little sip hole in the top and swirl. Otherwise, great item.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.