Bodum BISTRO Coffee Mug, Double-Wall Insulated Glass Espresso Mugs, Clear, 5 Ounces Each (Set of 2)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$11.00 (37%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- INSULATED MUG: A set of two double-wall BISTRO mugs, 5 ounces each; perfect as a coffee mug, espresso mug, or a multitude of other hot and cold beverages
- HEAT RESISTANT: Bodum mug is made of mouth-blown, lab-quality borosilicate-glass construction for a durable and heat resistant glass
- 2-LAYER DESIGN: Insulated coffee mug has a sleek 2-layer design that creates a dramatic optical illusion and prevents condensation
- MICROWAVE SAFE: Quickly reheat your coffee in the microwave and toss in the dishwasher when you need a clean; microwavable and dishwasher safe mug
- AWARD WINNING: Bodum BISTRO double wall glasses are the winners of the prestigious European iF Design Award; 1 year limited warranty
- Set of 2 double-wall glass espresso shot mugs with 4.7-ounce capacities
- Mouth-blown, lab-quality borosilicate-glass construction; durable and heat resistant
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Winners of the 2007 iF Product Design Award, the Bistro Double Wall Glasses are available in several sizes, perfectly suited for a multitude of hot and cold beverages as well as desserts. Handmade of heat-resistant borosilicate glass, these vessels insure that their contents will remain hot for longer while the glass itself remains cool to the touch. They are dishwasher and microwave safe. The espresso mugs come as a set of two and hold 140ml (4.7 oz.)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
+ They look great
+ Comfortable to your mouth rounded edge
+ Super light weighted
+ Microwaveable for quick reheating
- The bottom hole on the glass covered by a plastic seal, a design mistake.
- The bottom text, their second mistake. I DON'T want to read the cup.
- Dissapointing not to feel the thermical advantage vs a ceramic regular coffee cup.
* Will hold little amount of coffee, a lungo at most (170ml), as they advertise, they are meant for espresso (aprox. 150ml)
10-oz Bodum // 12-oz Epare // 15-oz Bodum
We ordered the 10-oz Bodum and 12-oz Epare. Both are lightweight tempered glass. The Bodum seems slightly heavier; thicker walls and thicker handle. The Epare is half the cost of the smaller Bodum, with a good feel in the hand.
Unfortunately, the Epare arrived broken. Bodum was much more sturdily packed – I'm comparing original company packaging, not Amazon's packing. Although Epare promised to replace the mugs, they are out of stock and won't be shipped to us until later this month.
We decided on the Bodum. Tempered glass is reasonably durable but it is NOT indestructible. The sturdier construction seems worth it to us, and it is still very lightweight. However, we wanted the larger 15-oz Bodum mug. It was out of stock on Amazon so we purchased it elsewhere; we're very happy with them. For those who are fine with an average-sized mug, either the Bodum or Epare will work. The choice is up to you.
Update: I have been using this cups for over a year now and they are as good as new. I love them even more now. They are a joy to drink from. And they are pretty durable. I happen to accidentally hit it here and there and they didn't crack. And I even use metal spoon to mix my milk with no issues. But I do stir it with care, don't bang the spoon to the walls of the cup, which could probably crack the glass if you hit it too strong. I haven't had any issues.
4 stars for being nice mugs (is part of the reason they are nice because they are kind of pricey? - maybe), 1 star less for being inconsistent quality.
These mugs are big and bulky, which takes away from their attractiveness to my eye, although the glass itself was nice. I didn't notice that they kept my coffee any warmer than any other mug, but the outside didn't get hot and it probably helped some.
The biggest issue for me is that they are extremely fragile. Within a day or two of ownership, I developed an unexplained crack on one near the lip. And just today (maybe a month after purchase), the second mug bit the dust when it slipped out of my wet hands and fell all of one inch into my stainless-steel sink. It totally shattered and made a very bloody cut on my finger as it did so.
I enjoyed drinking from the mug, but I they were a waste of money for me.