Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

• Customer Reviews

Showing 1-10 of 53 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 58 reviews
on April 29, 2015
We bought this to replace a Bodum Chambord French press. Unlike the Chambord, the glass in this one is loose. Very loose. We were able to use it twice before the glass fell out and broke while cleaning it. Having owned several of the Chambord models over the past 15+ years, I've never had this problem before.
on April 17, 2013
Only issue, is the glass beaker does not have a way to secure it in the bottom part, so if you forget, and go to dump the grounds, the whole think comes out....so we broke the glass within 48 hours of owning it....with a little caution is should be ok....love the top that keeps the heat in. Don't love the way it pours the water into the kettle - again, without the lid, the glass slides right out. I recommend putting the water in the beaker, put the top on and then pour the water into the kettle....otherwise there is no spout and the water goes all over the place....I ordered another glass beaker and with these precautions, it's been fine.
on October 5, 2012
This new model has a fully enclosed bottom so the glass bottle is better protected. This is especially important to me since I take it with me on camping trip. Not just a better design, it is better looking too.

There is always some coffee ground coming through the filter. But you shouldn't expect a coarse stainless steel filter will do as a good job as a paper filter.

The locking feature at the lid is good to have. But if I have a choice, I wouldn't pay for it since I think that is really not necessary.

Overall a great product with great craftsmanship.
on November 7, 2015
If I need a mug of coffee mid-afternoon, this is what I grab (rather than filling a large auto drip "machine"). Filled almost to the top, it provides a mug of black coffee. Why they call it a three cup, I don't know - unless you you tiny cups. It's easy to use and easy to clean.
on April 20, 2012
After my first attempt at using a french press this morning - I came to realization that clearly I never had a really good cup of home-brewed coffee in my life - until today. It is as if I am born again! DON'T be afraid to try a french press. Really. It isn't hard at all. There are lots of videos on YouTube that will show you how easy it is. Regarding this specific model, I got the silver and it is very attractive and beautifully made. I know some people don't really like the lock top, but I do. I have cats that like to get into everything and don't want to take the chance of one of them knocking it over. The one thing I did wrong on this first attempt was that I accidentally lock-aligned the spout with the handle. When I went to pour I realized it, and turned the top around. You will see there is an arrow on the top. That little arrow must face the spout when the lid is locked down. The locking mechanism is two grooves that simply slide in place as you turn the top. It's easy. Another thing I almost forgot to do was pour the remaining coffee into a separate carafe so that the brew doesn't keep brewing. But I caught it in time. I kept the remaining serving in a large cup in the microwave which you can easily reheat for 30 seconds. I guess that can be the only downside of using a french press. If you are serving more than two people, or like to drink lots and lots of coffee, it may not be so efficient. As for cleanup: buy a toothbrush to scrub the grains away from the screen. French press brewing is not hard, it's just different from what most of us are used to. I am going to love the ritual of this method!
on November 30, 2016
The concept is great for this but the plastic lid that is supposed to screw down did not fit over the copper sides and we had to bend them out (which was very difficult and scratched the copper). I've spilled the hot water all over trying to get it to fit before we decided to bend the copper out to make it fit... should have sent it back, especially for the price.
on May 3, 2014
If you're looking at starting into the home press trend, this is a great little french press to start with. Heck– it's a great press period. I started with this one and continue to use it over a year later. I don't know if there's more advanced "science" to pressing that'll one day require me to upgrade, but presently, this little guy meets all my needs. It's a high quality press of sound craftsmanship. All the parts fit snuggly together, delivering a thorough press. It's nice glass, reasonably weighted, and ergonomic. Get one!
on February 26, 2017
Great quality. Nice fine mesh screen contains the grounds well. Easy to clean. Only complaint is the glass pot is pretty loose in the metal holder. When the lid it off it falls out easily. Good for cleaning but not for handling and storage.
on February 4, 2016
I like being able to use ground coffee and make only1 cup. It is easy to use and clean.
on April 29, 2013
After making my morning coffee in this French Press, I can't go back to my programmable coffee maker. The press extracts great flavor from the grinds, and brings joy and alertness to my mornings. I broke the glass once, and had to buy a replacement. So be careful with it, it's glass and it breaks like glass. I like the locking mechanism on this particular model. I don't imagine it keeps any more heat in as it suggests, but I do like the function so I don't spill by accident. It also takes up a lot less room on my counter than my coffeemaker. 5 stars.