Bodum Twin Dual Salt and Pepper Grinder, Off White
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Space saving design combines salt and pepper into one grinder
- Rotate one direction for salt and the other direction for pepper
- Perfect for seasoning on the go
- Adjustable grind mechanisms to change coarseness of the salt or pepper
- Easy top filling design
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The Bodum twin combo salt and pepper grinder spices up kitchen counters and dinner tables alike. With one easy turn of the colorful silicone band that serves as a non-slip handle, the twin switches between salt and pepper. Its powerful ceramic gears make this manual grinder extremely easy to use, especially because of clear compartments showing when the grinder needs to be refilled. The new twin comes in eight beautiful colors and does not require batteries to operate.
Top Customer Reviews
A couple cons:
1. The price.
2. The logo. Who wants to pay $40 to spend the next 10 years staring at a giant advertisement sitting on their table? The manufacturer's logo should never be the dominant visual element of an item like a salt and pepper grinder, in my humble opinion. But this may bother you less.
3. To adjust the coarseness of the grind, you turn a little whatzit on the bottom. Turn it one way for finer, the other way for coarser. Trouble is, they're not marked, so you never know which direction to turn it without experimenting. A simple little detail would have improved the design.
Bottom line: its a quality product that works well, but it's not for everyone and the visual design could be better.
Really puzzled as to why this wasn't in the box. Getting the top off (pull straight up; don't turn) requires a bit of strength. Hold the bottom against the counter; otherwise, the s/p will come flying out when the top does come off. (Maybe it's just my lack of coordination).
Addendum: well, it appears I may not be able to post the URL for the instructions due to Amazon's policy; that's kind of silly. Anyhow, if you type in a search such as "how to refill bodum salt and pepper grinder," the Bodum website will come up and the instructions are there.
Like others, I was astounded that no directions came with this grinder, so I did look on line, and emailed Bodum with my complaint. You have a variety of grinds, you can find the grind selection on the bottom of the container. However, it is trial and error to see which is large and which is small grind. I also am not fond of the large labeling of the name Bodum on the container. Other than those two issues, I love this grinder!
Recommended. prisrob 08-30-13
To fill, the whole cap (part that says BODUM) comes right off and you have you two sections to fill. It's so well designed that shaking it doesn't release any grains.....you have to twist to dispense. I deducted the one star because as others have said, the HUGE Bodum label on top 'cheapens' the design. Who really wants a logo that big on the dining table.