Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 12, 2015
Initially I loved this product for the price. Now, after just 2 and a half months it's garbage. The metal literally snapped during a workout.
review image
140 people found this helpful
on March 8, 2018
 Pros: fits in small space, not *too* hard to put together (it just looks overwhelming at first), serves the purpose I bought it for (easy exercise while watching tv)

Cons: I don't feel it has enough tension to make it a really sweat-worthy workout, the elliptical motion is not very smooth, using the moving handle bars makes the bike feel a bit unsteady and you have to slightly concentrate on making sure your weight is balanced in the center of the machine

Someone mentioned things coming loose after a while, but the instruction manual does tell the user to tighten everything every 30 days.
review imagereview imagereview image
18 people found this helpful
on October 21, 2016
So far 4 months and 24 lb later I love my elliptical trainer! It wasn't hard to put together and with a bit of maintenance it's holding together quite nicely. Only issue is that I have hard wood floors and it tends to slid a bit when I get running really fast but I don't feel like I'm going to fall and it doesn't act like it'll topple so I'm happy with it. Also I use grease on the bolts that move the most to keep from wearing and sometimes the foot cups get loose so I tighten them every week or so. Still it's a bargain for what I paid but after reading a lot of reviews I would recommend getting the two year warranty. I only paid $16 for it and it's added peace of mind for the $160 I paid for the machine. I will say it's been a great thing to have right in front of the TV because after a while I forget I'm exercising and I just get to enjoy watching and moving. :D Hope that helps!
26 people found this helpful
on February 18, 2017
Received the product on time and was so excited to assemble it as most of the reviewers said that it's an easy job as there's not much to do. I have ordered an Elliptical from a different brand earlier as well and faced the problem with the left crank axle as the hole in that didn't let it to be screwed with the screws provided.

Ordered this product after reading lot of reviews as people really praised it. Before assembling the product thought of checking the crank axle part, right one seems to be working fine however the left one is defective. Unwillingly I have to call for assembly services at Amazon and pay extra money to get it assembled.

I dunno if it's the poor quality of the parts from the Company (Body Rider) or if it's a gimmick to make sure that you have to, have to, have to call for help and shell extra bucks out of your pocket unless of course you decide to return the product and go through the pain of unassembling it and putting everything back in the box.

Extremely disappointed in the product coz of this thing. Not sure how the machine will work once it is fixed.
9 people found this helpful
on December 2, 2017
I will start out by saying that the bike 100% does its job. I like the stand up/sit down option. The little digital tracker is... fine. Nothing special or hugely accurate. Also, when I first got it, I LOVED it. It was perfect. However, after about 1-2 months of use it has started making a very loud clicking noise... but not always. Sometimes it sounds like a herd of elephants is running across my living room. Sometimes, just a herd of dogs. Sometimes it's as quiet as one would expect. It renders it unusable if anyone is trying to do anything else in the house. You cannot hear your music or videos. It is so distracting you cut your workout short. I really wanted to like it, and honestly, there are random days when I do. Mostly, it's loud and obnoxious.
on December 16, 2017
Look, it's not a high-quality piece of machinery and you get what you pay for. I thought this was a GREAT value for the price. Putting it together, in my opinion, was near-impossible, but I'm not usually very good at that (and who knew there was such a thing as LEFT-tightening screws?). As 5'7" female, I feel just a bit tall for it, but my 5'11.5" male roommate says he doesn't feel too tall at all. You've got to re-tighten the screws every once in a while, and it's not really for sprinting (I think it just wouldn't feel stable enough- it does feel cheap compared to gym equipment, but not fall-apart cheap or anything either), but if you want a cardio machine that works reliably, don't want to spend a lot, this is a pretty great value.
on July 11, 2014
This exercise machine is great for a one bedroom apartment since it does not take up much space. I does take some getting used to because the pedals rise up at a steeper angle than other ellipticals. Keeping the seat on lets you exercise standing or sitting or mixing it up. Assembly is fair. Some parts require extra leverage, so have your own tools as well or borrow some. A second pair of eyes on it as you put it together would be good too. Common sense is essential in putting it together. It doesn't make a lot of noise, and you can barely hear it in the next room. The machine works the body quite well. A 5 foot 10 inch man exercises with it comfortably.. The display is very simple to use and informative. We had this machine for over a month now..my hubby loves it.. unfortunately for me, i get pain in my tailbone after any use..also takes a few days for the pain to go away.... ..just would caution anyone with low back pain/tailbone injury to use the machine....the seat is hard and uncomfortable. couldn't find a way to make it comfortable... now i am searching for another type of trainer that will help my low back pain...not giving up..saves on our gym membership which we hardly use due to our schedules...

update 6 months later...- body trainer works continue to works well..no problem with the machine...hubby uses it two times a week...we have the machine next to the wall near the balcony door..television is also close by..hubby can use the machine and the noise level doesn't interfere with television viewing....hubby legs and thighs are nicely toned due to the regular workout..very happy bought the machine and fits well in our living room....
11 people found this helpful
on October 18, 2016
It was doing fine at first then it started making a loud clipping noise and then started also making knocking noises which makes it hard to ride inside because it is so loud. It also would be hard to pedal a lot of times even when you turn the knob for less tension.
8 people found this helpful
on September 20, 2016
I got this when the price was a bit lower and it's a great value for the price. After assembling (which wasn't too bad), you get the functions of both an elliptical and a stationary bike. The only problem with this is you get two substandard exercise machines. As an elliptical I find you lean a little too forward and as a bike I find the pedals awkward to use. For both, I find the tension control to be weak and the electronic display to be inaccurate. That said, it's still a quiet, space-saving piece of equipment.
on April 4, 2018
This has been a great purchase. Our family has been using the machine for about 3 weeks and its holding strong. The kids use it and its stable for young users. I read complaints prior to purchase and we have not experienced any issues, the machine will hold at least 250 lbs without any issues. There has not been any squeaking noise that I had read about in the reviews, but a little 3-1 oil would stop the noise if that was the case. The foot pedals were a little awkward to get use to when using it as a bicycle, but you quickly adjust to not having a normal foot peddle like a typical bicycle would have. The tension the machine offers has been plenty for me, I am not in physical shape, so it gets my heart pumping...
This has been a great purchase for us and is totally worth the price!
2 people found this helpful