Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 53 reviews
on May 9, 2013
I am satisfied with the purchase. Excellent quality construction. Comfortable adjustable seating position and padding. Easily assembled, but instructions lack if you are used to "step #1-20" style. Assembly diagram is adequate if you are somewhat mechanically inclined. User's video a must if you are not familiar with this type of equipment. Company suggests a collar lock for free weights used, but they do not include the $2 item as a part (not a big deal, but why not?). I purchased the machine for rehab work on my knee and it works well. The maximum weight capacity due to length of load bar is about 210lbs.
on August 30, 2013
Once upon a time.....there was a Nautilus total workout machine in my basement and I loved it. I'm not a body builder, just want to keep in shape, but there's just not enough room (low ceiling) in the current basement. This body solid machine isn't up to the same standard as the old nautilus, but it certainly is more than good enough. It works very well and gives me a chance to work the old legs they wouldn't get otherwise, and as a polio survivor these leg muscles of mine have to be kept in shape. It's literally do or die. The only complaint I have with the machine is the assembly instructions. If you're clairvoyant you'll have no trouble putting the thing together, if however, you're like me it's best to lay everything out, make sure to identify the bolts correctly and all should go well. It took me about 3 hours from opening the box to completed assembly. The instructions consist of a single badly photocopied sheet with nothing more than an exploded view of the machine and parts. Go for it, and have some fun. This machine does not come with a weight stack. The shaft is 1" in diameter and 1" weights can be tough to find, fortunately I had some sitting around, but if you don't, expect to spend another $100.00 for new weights, so look for used weights for a considerable savings. All in all if you are looking for a good value in a leg Ext/Curl machine I don't think you will go wrong with this Body Solid GCEC340 Cam Series Leg Ext Curl Machine.
on October 22, 2014
A part broke (a "bushing," i.e., kinda like a "cushion" for a metal part) after about six months. I called BodySolid and got a Rep on the line immediately. I then emailed a picture/ description of the part in question (and my Amazon receipt) and got an email response within just a few minutes, with a solution-- sending the part out within about a day, expected to arrive within a week. Lightning fast, polite, considerate, unquestioning, respectful, no hassle service. The Rep even cited the BodySolid lifetime warranty, without me asking or mentioning it. Really, how could they have done better?
on October 17, 2016
Very disappointed with the assembly instructions. Received a picture of the finished product. No steps included. I didn't find it humorous.
on July 13, 2017
Can't go wrong. I saw some negative reviews on these bodysolid machines before and all I can say is SHUT UP AND LIFT!
on September 3, 2016
Great machine, easy to use. Leg extensions and curls are what it's for. I actually think the leg curls that I perform with his machine are more effective than when I'm lying on my stomach. I really felt that I could isolate my hamstrings. Pleasantly surprised with the ability to adjust the machine for myself, my wife, and my kids.

Now for the bad. I'll totally confess to being mechanically declined, but this was a pain in the @$$ to assemble. There were no real instructions and the bolts provided were very similar in size and easily mixed up. One of the metal support pieces had to be hammered in to the other to make it fit. Figuring out how to use it was a little challenging as no instructions were provided. This video showed that it is actually easy to use. [...]. In the end, what gets it 5 stars is that, 1) once put together, it is very sturdy, and 2) it is $150 cheaper on Amazon than at any local retailer. I got it within 3 days and the 90 minute assembly time was at least partially my fault doe to mixing up the bolts and having to restart.
on November 9, 2015
The tipsy aspect of the piece is a bit of a downer, but remedied by placing some weight on the back end. I wonder if you could get an additional side bar from the manufacturer and put it on the other side, all would then be well? Otherwise, I will use it and enjoy it. I am sure it will outlast me!
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 1, 2017
Best piece of equipment I have ever bought per dollar. Good quality and has held up well. We use lots of weight on it and handles it fine.
on March 24, 2017
Great machine, love it!
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 25, 2016
Great product and great function! I would definitely recommend this product. The only problem is getting in and out of the machine is cumbersome as you always need to remove the center leg holders (that hold your legs down) so that you can get both legs in position.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.