Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Exercise Ball With Pump (Teal 85cm) - by BodySport - Strengthen Your Core for Great Abs - Tone - Yoga - Fitness - Stability - Pilates - Free Exercise Guide Included
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Back to School

on June 24, 2012
asdfasdfLet me start out by saying this is a really nice ball, but there are definitely a few pieces of information that could be of use to you.

First things first, the ball does smell pretty strongly at the beginning, but on day one the smell is already dissipating, and in my experience this is very typical (I have a handful of these balls from different manufacturers for chairs at desks around my home) but it does smell like a sort of plasticy petroleum type smell. It will go away, but be prepared for it.

You get what you pay for with the pump, it is by no means a good pump, but works for the purposes of filling up the ball for the first time, and is nicer than many that I have received with other balls I have purchased because it is a foot pump rather than a hand pump, which my arms could not have been happier about. A simple trick to make life a bit easier is to superglue the hoses into position so they stop popping off; once I did this it was a simple matter to finish inflating the ball.
The ball is EXTREMELY hard when filled to the appropriate size (the size indicated by the measuring tape); the whole time I was filling it, I felt like it would burst but it handled the pressure like a champ (one member of my family ways over 300 lbs and didn't seem to be taxing the ball at all). This is great if you need a nice hard surface to work out on, but if you want a bit softer of a seat or feel to it then go up a size and let some air out.

The surface is the shiny smooth one rather than the textured one. I don't personally care which one I have, but if you want a specific texture, realize that this is the smooth one and might not be the perfect solution for hardwood floors (though I'm using mine on hardwood and it seems to be doing just fine.

While the description on Amazon says that the ball will hold 1000 lbs of pressure, the materials included in the packaging clearly indicated 600 as the max. I'm having trouble thinking of a situation where 600 lbs wouldn't cut it, but again, forewarned is forearmed.

As far as anything else goes, the teal color is very true to the images, the shipping was quick and the package was well protected by a second box inside. After purchasing a few exercise balls over the last few years, I can say that so far this is my favorite, buy with confidence.
0Comment| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2012
Ball works as advertised -- it holds air. But if you're looking to purchase one of these to replace your office chair, here's the stuff you're probably trying to sort through as you finalize your purchasing decision:

SIZE.

OK, so apparently there's no real metric standard for what a 55/65/75/85cm ball is since -- depending on what manufacturer made your ball -- you could get a Large or X-Large, so I'll break down what I know about the BodySport Ball:

Disclaimer: I'm 5'9". If you're a similar height, both the Extra Large (85cm) and Large (75cm) balls work if you're looking to replace your office chair -- if you're my height, and if your desks (home/office) vary in height like mine. The bottom line is, the Large ball (when fully inflated to maximum elasticity) is about 2 ft, 2 in tall (the X-Large is about 2 ft, 7 in tall). The height of the chair I am replacing is is about 4 inches shorter than the ball -- and it's a pretty perfect match (remember, the ball flexes when you sit on it, because it's... rubber).

QUALITY

It's a ball, it holds air. If it pops I'll let you know.

PUMP

It comes with a super cheap, plastic foot pump that probably cost $0.03 to make in China. It looks like something you'd trade in 5 skee-ball tickets for at Chuck E. Cheese. Some other guy wrote about how his broke -- not sure what's going on there, but yeah, it's clearly fra-gee-lay, so don't run it over with your car or anything (not a Timex, by any means). Ultimately, it's what you'd expect when you pay $19 for the whole set. So yeah, just be careful with it. That said, this pump was actually quicker/easier than the hand pump I got with the Reebok ball I bought at Target (which, because of the non-standard sizing, was too small).

That's all I got. Enjoy
0Comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2009
I have to say, the thought of sitting on a ball while working at my computer was a little "weird" at first, but let me tell ya, I'm a bit on the hyper side and being able to move around and not sit still all day - LOVE IT!!

The pump is cheap..but it worked! Love the ball.

I'm 5'10" and got the extra large. Probably could've gone with the large..but what the heck!
on November 22, 2009
I'm only 5'6" but I bought the 85 cm ball because I wanted to practice back bending. I absolutely LOVE my ball, it's one of the greatest things I've ever bought. I do all sorts of stretching and fun things on it, you can use it for any of a million+++ different reasons. It's also great for relaxing and stretching.
on December 22, 2008
The ball is nice. I've only been using it a couple days, as the pump that comes with it (which is one reason I bought this ball over others that didn't come with a pump) is a cheap little plastic thing that split once, and after I taped it, then broke apart completely. I had to rig up a bicycle pump. Long, tiring process. Buy this ball if you want, fine, but not because it come with a pump. That would be a disappointment.
on September 15, 2008
Got this to be an occasional desk chair; the 75cm balls are just too short for that for me. It's huge and sturdy and a wonderful shade of blue. (Blue with a touch of green; I wouldn't quite call it "teal" myself. Dark turquoise, maybe.)

It's just what I wanted.

p.s. In case this is helpful. I'm 5'10", but have long legs... I usually wear a 34 or 35" inseam. Just in case that helps you figure out how large a ball you might like. That is, if you're going to sit on it. I think this is bigger than I'm supposed to have for an exercise ball if I were using it for that purpose.
on September 8, 2015
I just bought this to use in my office, [per the advice of one of my physical therapist], as part of my recovery from major back surgery. I got the 85cm ball, and it sure looks big, actually it IS big. In fact, I never noticed that it says on the box, for body heights 6' 9" or taller, meaning for basket ball players, at a minimum! I guess I'm now stuck with this monster ball in my little office (see photo), and the three of us (two woman about 5' 3", and myself at 5' 11") have actually had a good time sitting, and rolling and bouncing around on it, trying to follow some of the recommended workouts, not easy when you have to climb the sucker. But all in all, it looks like good quality, and I would strongly recommend you look seriously at the size if you want to buy one. If you want a ball just to sit at your desk, this (85cm) is NOT it. I'm guessing the 65cm would be about right for most people. Now I have to decided if I want to spring for another ball, or go through the hassle of returning this one to exchange for the smaller one to use as a desk seat.

Quick follow up. I have included two more photos of the ball at my desk (full 85cm), and one with me using it. Our OSHA officer would kill me for not being ergonomic, and it's hard to type being so high above the keyboard. My experience only......PS. I can't figure out how to flip the photos so they are as they are (sorry)

>>>>>>another follow up<<<<<<<
I went ahead and bought the YELLOW 65cm ball, and it is perfect for a desk chair for me, and my office mates. The three of us share, as it gets tiring after a couple of hours. We all love it. ***4.5 stars*****
review image review image review image
on October 17, 2012
Being 6'5", I bought the 85cm ball as a replacement for my office chair. That size is hard to find, so was happy when I found this one. The problem, however, is that this is a cheap ball, and does not hold it's size. I initially pumped it up to 80cm the first afternoon. When I arrived to work the following morning, it had expanded to ~83cm. By the second morning it was ~86cm. It is very bouncy and not firm at all. When sitting on it, the girth expands so far that my legs and feet are pushed out to far to be able to sit centered on it. This morning, a week after initially pumping it up to 80cm, it measured 88cm tall before sitting on it. Once I sat on it, height was maybe 68cm, but the girth was over 100cm. As a fitness ball, it may work OK for some exercises, but even there, the girth will not allow some exercises to be performed. I picked up a 75cm ball from a different manufacturer last night, and pumped it up to 72cm this morning. When sitting on it, it does compress quite a bit, but shows little expansion in the girth. Once I get it pumped to the full 75cm, I don't think I'll see as much compression. But, unfortunately, with my height, an 85cm ball is really what I need. Now I'm off to find a quality 85cm ball.
on May 9, 2015
Love it! A giant bouncing ball! I ordered this Teal 85 cm, and super satisfied. First of all, it's high quality, the ridged surface really makes easier to grip and handle it. The ball comes in with a hard board box and includes an air pump and a poster size illustrated exercise instruction guide. I was so excited when I pumped up and seeing it getting bigger and bigger, it's really bigger than I was expected, it's about the size of the door width. And just like the product description said, it could be an alternative to desk chair, it really could. I'm petite size, and I could even easily sitting and bouncing with this ball, well, so easy to pump the heart excise. There are so many exercise sample pictures on the poster that I would definitely try. Great value and I am honored to have this chance to received this product at a discounted price in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. I and my family are having so much fun with the ball already!
review image review image
on August 16, 2015
The Human Experiment#1 Rated Anti-burst Exercise and Stability Ball with Pump, Training Guide, and 100% Lifetime Guarantee. This Ball Is Large Enough for Core Exercise and Yet Small Enough for Children to Play With.I just purchased this ball in two different sizes for my kids to sit on in order to release some energy while reading, watching tv, etc... So needless to say they were quite excited when these arrived and ripped open the packages promptly. To my dismay, enclosed was a warning that the chemicals used to make this ball are known to cause cancer, birth defects and reproductive harm. This is a very real and serious danger. http://thehumanexperimentmovie.com/
I refuse to have such for my childrens' use, where it is within my power. I promptly boxed up and set return in motion. If you're looking for a ball that is bpa free they are out there. We are going to try this one that offers a lifetime guarantee: #1 Rated Anti-burst Exercise and Stability Ball with Pump, Training Guide, and 100% Lifetime Guarantee. This Ball Is Large Enough for Core Exercise and Yet Small Enough for Children to Play With.
review image