Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 24 reviews
I bought this after reading a 3 page article in Entertainment Weekly about how marvelous Robyn is and how underappreciated she is in the US. OK, I'll bite. I bought this CD and was bored/unimpressed. Until "Hang With Me". I thought it was absolutely brilliant and was so moved I had to pull my car over to listen. I also appreciated the final song in Swedish as I prefer to hear artists sing in their own language.

I'd definitely buy more of the artist's work if I could hear a more acoustic/less pounding bass version. There is a real gift there.
on December 24, 2010
After hitting the US in 1998 with hits like "Show Me Love" and "Do U Know What it Takes," Sweden's pop sensation has come back to us with an amazing vengeance.I have to admit that though I am a music lover of all styles, the music market has become somewhat wan in it's repetitive nature to do the same things over and over.

Robyn's Body Talk CD's is the best new sound that I have heard in a long time.Since I saw her perform "Dancing on My Own"for the 30 seconds on this past years MTV VMA's, I fell in love with the sound and knew I had to hear more. Being a lover and child of the 80's I fell in love with her mixed fusion of electronica synth dance hooks accompanied by some simple 80's pop.Combined, it's a funky futuristic twist using old school basics.You can tell that this music was also inspired by her background as a club DJ because every song make you want to move.Robyn also shows how she's matured by not being afraid to put racy lyrics in the mix and I must say that swearing never sounded so good while you're blasting her CD in the car and singing at the top of your lungs!

If you want to get the full effect of what I'm talking about, check out "Fembot"is a great hook with synth and lyrics that intertwine that assist in creating the rhythm and overall great girl power song, "Dancing on My Own" -This tune is your basic 80's club dance pop song that you can picture right off that it belongs in a club but also the lyrics remind all of us girls that at one point, we were or still are the girl in the corner watching the one we want with someone else.That song takes me back to myself as that girl in high school sitting in the corner or the gym at the dance watching my crush crushing on someone else.Though it's a little melancholy, now that I'm happily married, it gives me comfort in realizing that it wasn't really that bad!"Dance Hall Queen" has a great reggae flavor combined with a great hook that you can't ignore,"Hang With Me" is your typical simple song that is catchy but when you least expect it, you'll be singing it too."Cry When You Get Older" is another great hook with a good message that reminds us that "love hurt when you do it right, you can cry when you get older."

Though my opinion may differ from others, I just listen to what moves me and that can either be lyrics of a song, the beat or both.In Robyn's case, she combines both and for me, if you like to dance like you just don't care, sing at the top of your lungs like you're the club super star for the moment,get put into an instant good moodBody Talk Pt 1 and discover the best up and coming treasure that Sweden has to offer, this is all those components of musical heaven flavor wrapped in one little CD package.Robyn is back and my gut tells me that she means business and is here to stay this time.
on June 24, 2010
The best song on the album, hands down, is Dancing On My Own. It reminds me of With Every Heartbeat. There's a driving beat, and she's singing with such languish and despair. it's beautiful, and it's the type of song that taps the emotions pretty deeply.

The song Fembot took a bit of listening to get into it. The intro to the song is like being on a rollercoaster, going over the top and getting pulled along into this electro-heavy song. It's actually one of my favorites now.

Dancehall Queen is a great fun pop song, and that leads into my second favorite on the album, "None of Dem". It's dark and dirty. There's a tremendous amount of bass in this song and if you have it playing loud in your car, your mirrors will ripple constantly. Amazing song! Love it!

Hang With Me is beautiful and sounds almost like an acoustic version of Handle Me from the last album.

I'm not much of a fan of Cry When you get Older (as it sounds a bit sing-songy, but it's still good), and the first song is just a throwaway. It's interesting, but not something I would actively listen to. It's almost like an extended intro to the real songs. The Swedish lullaby (???) at the end is also interesting, but not something I'd put on any mix tape. Reminds me of something from the MST3K movie, "Jack Frost".
on November 23, 2010
I've been listening to Robyn since the early 90's, and getting away from those other record companies and forming her own was the best idea ever. Her last album "Robyn" was wonderful, and finally she has decided to release more music (in 3 parts) and it was a great idea on her part. She decided to release the music as it was done being recorded, instead of keeping the fans waiting around for an album. "Body Talk Pt. 1" is great, her music is very refreshing, and different from most of the stuff on the radio right now. Most of the music is very upbeat, club type of music, but if you listen to they lyrics, sometimes it's just heartbreaking. She is a master at "Club ballads", so much emotion in a song, but with a club beat. This albums (and all her others) are totally worth a listen!
on September 26, 2016
Love this album. I've been a fan of Robyn's music since her debut (Robyn is here). Since then she has grown as an artist and it has been a wonderful thing. Some of favorite songs are: Hang with me, Cry when you get older, and Fembot.
on February 4, 2011
I am a dance & fitness instructor. The songs on this cd is great for Pole fitness classes. I got dance & trance songs just for pole class. I love music and feel that I know good music. I love all genres and know that all the songs on here are really good songs. The lyrics are tight and make sense. Love Robyn's music from back in the dance. Love the reggae style song "Dancehall Queen". Dancing on my own,hang with me, criminal intent are some good songs just to name a few. I like indestructible (acoustic version). The remix is good too.
on July 9, 2011
If you are looking at the album STOP RIGHT THERE! the EPs are more worth your money! the album has 16 great songs but if you get the EPs you get 21 great songs for about the same price. Robyn definately should have just left the EPs and done a whole new album! this is just my point of view if you still want the album as part of acollectin go ahead!
on October 15, 2011
huge robyn "stan" (obsessed fan) here!!! lol this woman is amazing! a few songs that i dont care for but overall definitely worth buying and having as a permanent part of your collection.
on November 1, 2011
Found it to have a couple of good songs, but not as much fun as some of her earlier releases. Part 1 & 2 split is silly - should have just been released on one disc.
on October 20, 2012
I really enjoy Robyn's songs. The songs have a message and they are great to dance or work out to.