Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bodymix: Sixties Cardio
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 30, 2009
This is a good CD to use if you want to keep your pace up when on the treadmill. I had been looking for something to listen to so I could walk in pace to the music for a 1/2 hour 2 mile workout. I shoot for a 4 mph walk, this was above that. So, if you want a faster walk, or light jog on the treadmill, this is it. Music held a definite beat, reminding me of going to aerobics classes.
on December 25, 2008
It's not the original artists BUT it is a good workout, you are taken in by the beat and before you know it your workout is half over! I had bought some marching band cassettes (yes I am THAT old!) years ago and they kept my pace up....I actually used them so often that the tape broke!
If you're looking for a way to bring some excitement into your treadmill (or outdoor walking) routine...these CD's are IT. I also bought the Big Band CD and it's just as fun and engergizing.
on April 22, 2013
If you were one of those folks, like myself, who grew up with the music of the sixties and are fortunate enough to still be exercising then this is one item you MUST have. I have reached the point in my life where my treadmill takes the place of outdoor runs in the winter. Treadmills, not having a change in scenery, can be detrimental to the desire to do a brisk walk for your health. NO LONGER is this true. This CD collection is so much fun to walk or jog to that I find myself dancing during the cooling down portion of my training program. I have not only learned to enjoy exercisise again but, using this CD during my uphill training, have decreased my 5K run to under 30 minutes. (Not bad for a 65 year old, huh?)
on June 25, 2012
I bought this nearly 2 years ago but because I have so many exercise CDs, just got
around to trying it out. Doesn't work for me. It has too many interludes where the beat is gone and kills building motivation. I have other exercise CDs that maintain a fast walking/jogging beat even in transition from one song to another.
This CD doesn't do that. It also tries to put a fast background walking beat to
songs that don't have such a beat. Imagine walking fast or jogging to "Can't Take
My Eyes Off of You." I don't use my exercise CDs outside--only jogging around the house. I stop every 3-4 minutes to do arm and leg exercises in place. To maintain the pace requires a steady, uninterrupted beat to suitable music. This CD mostly
doesn't work except for listening purposes.
on February 12, 2015
I was rather disappointed in this CD. I was expecting 60's music, but this was a mock-up using 95% non-original voices and the music was "updated" to electronic-sounding twangs and beats. Some of the lyrics were changed to suit women singing the lyrics, particularly of the Beach Boys songs. Totally NOT what I was expecting.
on June 1, 2011
As an older Fitness Instructor, working specifically with older folk, this 'reworked' music of the sixties is popular with most of my participants. Would suit for any cardio workout for people of a certain age, or anyone!
on July 16, 2010
I like all types of music and this cd is a nice addition to my workout collection.
on October 22, 2010
Bodymix: Sixties Cardio is OK if you use it while exercising. It has a good steady beat and I use it for walking. I wouldn't recommend this CD for music enjoyment though. I was expecting something better. Something I would want to use for both enjoyment and exercise.
on August 24, 2010
My wife is an avid walker who walks a minimum of four miles a day. She enjoys listening to music as it facilitates her keeping to her pace and for the enjoyment. She has found Bodymix:Sixties Cardio to be "OK", but lacks the beat of Cardio Fever.
on November 19, 2010
I got this cd to workout with. I really like the songs on here and they are fast paced. It made for a really effective workout, trying to keep up with the songs. I really felt like I had worked hard.