Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 10, 2014
I got connected the first time and the signal is strong. In fact I am writing this review from it. It found the hotspots immediately about a handful and got me connected to one in a few seconds! And so far (knock on wood) so good! No problems. Before Boingo I was only able to pick up a few hotspots and couldn't connect to anything. After Boingo I am able to connect effortlessly. For that price Im all in hey you can't beat it! But a lot depends on the area you are in and if there are any hotspots available too. There may or may not be any open hotspots but when there are Boingo will find them!!!
on October 7, 2014
Absolutely worthless. No, worse than worthless. I went to Paris for 2 weeks and figured I'd save some $$ and go wi-fi only based on how many hot spots Boingo claimed to have in central Paris. Signed up, paid my $7.95 and could not connect to a single Boingo hot spot in the entire two weeks, not a one. It either wanted to connect me to pay services or came up with "Oops! We couldn't connect you."

Fortunately most cafes in Paris have wi-fi so for the price of a coffee (1.00 euro at the bar) I could connect and use Viber (which, in contrast to Boingo, worked great: crystal clear IP telephony to the US and Canada.)
on February 20, 2015
This is perhaps the worst app I have ever encountered. It virtually never finds a wifi site that I can use. When it does work it is usually a site that is already offered free by an airline or the airport... Same operation at Starbucks or comparable retail places. I get the service for free and at that it is not worth it
on March 6, 2016
Often will not connect to a network even though it identifies one available. Will be cancelling my service.
on July 29, 2014
I had high hopes for this in Italy but it was useless. It never found any useful Wi-Fi sites in the wild. The only place it really worked at the airport. I don't think it was worth the money.

When you read about this service, you get the impression that you'll be able to turn on the Wi-Fi finder, I walk into a store, and get service. In Italy that was not the case.
on April 2, 2013
This will totally screw up your kindle. Constant rebooting and shutting down in tyhe middle of searchers. It reallly sucks.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on August 6, 2013
It was really worthless. My device has a better chance finding service than whis product. I was very disappointed with this app.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on January 25, 2016
Unless you are in an airport or a major hotel chain. I don't think this app does anything I can use. Also it was advertises that it works on Kindel Fire but it does not.
4 helpful votes
on October 29, 2015
This isn't an app to find free WiFi. This is a free app to pay for hotspot service in various places. Can't speak to its performance, didn't want the service.
on June 20, 2013
...naturally I spend a lot of time waiting for my flights. So, I got a boingo account, and this makes it a LOT easier than going to a page, entering my user name and password EVERY SINGLE TIME. I just press a button and if there's wireless around, I'm on.
5 helpful votes