Bolle Sport Piranha Sunglasses
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Finest grade nylon is utilized in our frames to create lightweight, incredibly durable and ultimately flexible frames.
- Comfortable hydrophilic nose pads and temle tips keep sunglasses firmly in place.
- Lightweight, premium-grade resin that's 20 times more impact resistant than glass-and three times lighter
- Armor shell on both sides of the lens to protect against scratches.
- All purpose dark brown lens with enhanced contrast. Fit: Medium
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Apparel Occasion and Lifestyle||Outdoor|
|Lens Color||TLB Dark|
|Lens Color Map||Tlb Dark|
|Package Height||2.6 x 3.2 x 6.9 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.25 pounds|
|Sport Type||Camping & Hiking|
Used for Marine activities. Amber lens with gold mirror fights glare in medium-light marine conditions. Fit: Medium
The Piranha’s sturdy nylon frame has sporty, sleek lines that are just as smooth as the company's popular Barracuda, but on a smaller scale. It's best suited for medium-sized faces, and features metal accents on the temples that add a little flash of sophistication to a healthy dose of good looks.
- Polycarbonate Lenses: Made from premium-grade resin, the lenses are 20 times more impact-resistant than glass and three times lighter, for exceptional precision and clarity
- Carbo Glas Coating: Lightweight and optically precise, the lenses are enhanced with an armor shell on both sides of the lens for protection from scratches, wear, and tear
- B TRU RX Program: Bollé partnered with Carl Zeiss Vision, a market leader in prescription sunglasses, to provide prescription goggles with a precise fit and broad, accurate field of view
- B88 Frames: Top-grade nylon is used to create lightweight, durable, flexible frames without compromising durability
- Thermogrip: Thermogrip technology keeps glasses on your face with comfortable, hydrophilic nose pads and temple tips to absorb moisture and keep sunglasses in place
- Pinless Hinges: Pinless hinges seamlessly connect temples to frame fronts, eliminating mechanisms that can break down; creates an extremely durable structure with sleek, lightweight look and feel
Bollé helmets include a limited one-year manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
Bollé creates performance sunglasses and goggles for fashion, function, and protection, and is constantly refining its products' combination of fit, design aesthetic, and comfort, resulting in some of the freshest and most technologically advanced eyewear in the industry.
The company was established in 1888 in the small town of Oyonnax, France when Seraphim Bollé began manufacturing combs and hair ornaments. After WWII, Bollé began perfecting nylon molding techniques, and began adding safety glasses and goggles to the company's product line in 1950. In 1956, Georges Bollé created the famous, now ubiquitous "cat eye" sunglasses, and by 1960 the company was marketing the first ski goggles. Today, Bollé has grown its product line to include premium sunglasses, ski goggles, safety eyewear, and military and tactical eyewear from the finest frame and lens materials in its own factory.
Top customer reviews
The rubber on the side ear stems was wearing a little bit but considering I use them for nearly everything I don't think that is an issue. The nose rubber was not wearing.
Polarization is a big plus as it cuts down glare. Just know that when you have polarized lenses some screens look funny or even black at certain angles.
The fit and finish on my Piranhas are great, just what I expected from Bolle. There are two big improvements which are beneficial to me that I've noticed since I bought my Pirajas :
1. The nose clips have been upgraded and are now completely rubber, rather than the rubber pads on the plastic clips of the Pirajas. This provides a better and more comfortable fit as the rubber molds to the size and shape of my nose.
2. The rubber pads on the ends of the sunglasses' "arms" are now longer than the small pads which were on the ends of the Piraja's plastic arms. This provides greater comfort and enhances the stability of the glasses on my head. I shave my head and perspire in the sun. The longer pads will do a better job of preventing the glasses from slipping forward, especially in conjunction with the new all-rubber nose clips. I had no difficulty with the old small pads on the Pirajas, but still see the longer pads as an improvement. I find having to push any type of eye wear back onto my face to be very annoying, especially when it's hot outside.
The only other difference I've noted is that my older pair had "France" stamped on one of the arms, while this pair is now stamped "China". I assume that the old models were manufactured in France, the newer models are now manufactured in China.
So far, this difference doesn't seem to have affected the quality of the sunglasses; only time will tell.
Great buy and a great bargain. Shipping was fast and they arrived on time. Brand new in the box and a joy to wear.
The frame is not symmetric & the right lens keeps popping out. On closer inspection of the frame, you can see its curvature does not match the curvature of the lens so the lens does not fit in the frame correctly. Any slight pressure on the frame while putting on/removing the sunglasses will make the lens pop out of the frame.
The lenses are polarized & the frame does look nice. But with the lens constantly popping out, this is useless.
The undistorted, polarized lenses are a real pleasure to look through. These glasses would be good for driving or boating.