Bolse 300Mbps Wifi Wireless-N USB Micro Mini Adapter – Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8; Mac OS X 10.5 Greater; 2.4G 802.11ngb 32-Bit and 64-Bit CompatibleDoes not support Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- With its miniature size and sleek design, you can easily connect the portable wireless n usb micro mini adapter to the USB port of your laptop
- Data rates: up to 300Mbps, it guarantees a reliable and safe protection, Plug and Play USB2.0 interface (this adapter does not provide internet service without an existing service plan)
- This adapter provides a fast data transmission and the size of it as it fits into your Laptop. It does not protrude out too far and it helps to keep it from being damaged from catching onto something while you carry the computer
- 2x2 MIMO technology improves effective throughput and range over existing 802.11 b/g products
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8, vista, XP; MAC OS X 10.5 Greater
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.com||Panther One||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||LowerPriceUSA|
|Item Dimensions||—||3.5 x 5.5 x 0.7 in||3.9 x 5.5 x 0.7 in||0.6 x 0.7 x 0.3 in||11.61 x 12.99 x 12.4 in||0.94 x 2.8 x 0.35 in|
Bolse 300Mbps Wireless-N USB Mini Adapter
Bolse mini 300Mbps Wireless USB Adapter offers maximum network range and speed, delivering up to 300Mbps of Internet connection over a wide coverage area. It guarantees a reliable and safe protection under a Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), Plug and Play USB2.0 interface.
- Add high-speed Wireless-N (draft 802.11n) Internet access to any USB enabled computer
- Offers greater coverage than Wireless-G networks for internet access throughout your home or office
- Works with older Wireless-G and Wireless-B networks
- Operating distance of up to 300 feet indoor, and up to 900 feet in open space
- Supports USB 2.0 interface, backward compatible to USB 1.1 and 1.2
- Enhanced WEP and WPA wireless security for protected Internet access
- Support System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8; MAC OS X 10.5 Greater
- Wireless N speed up to 300Mbps and Backward compatible with 802.11b/g products
1 Wireless USB Adapter, 1 Driver Software CD, 1 User guide
12 Month Manufacturer Warranty from Bolse
- Windows 7/8 users can plug and play without the installation CD
- Support Mac OS X 10.4 Greater; Does not support Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite
- Won't work with Xbox 360, PS3, Blu-Ray, Roku, devices without operating systems (OS), or dual band routers only broadcasting N-speeds on 5GHz wavelength
Please download the Mac Driver at the following Link: http://www.mybolse.com/support/Wireless/index.html#aa
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Remember that after you install the device you will have to select your WIFI network's SSID and enter in your security password. Using this device I easily and quickly connected to our WIFI and the adapter recognizes and allowed the use of WEP and WPA wireless security protocols. I tested this adapter in a USB 1.1, USB 1.2, USB 2.0 and in a USB 3.0 port on different computers and it installed and worked on all of them. When the adapter is connected to your WIFI the WIFI symbol on the adapter will flash with a blue LED light.
This adapter uses a 2x2 MIMO technology system that has 2 transmit and 2 receiving antennas. This provides a fast data transmission and a transmitting distance of 300 feet indoors and 900 feet outdoors. I love the size of this adapter as it fits into your Laptop and it does not protrude out too far and it helps to keep it from being damaged from catching onto something while you carry the computer. This is a great upgrade to add WIFI to a computer that doesn't have it, add WIFI to a computer who's WIFI has stopped working or to add a faster WIFI to a computer as an upgrade in speed or distance of transmission.
I liked this product a lot. I found it easy to install and add a WIFI to several computers and the installation was very fast. In my speed test I was able to get 28.85Mbps download, 5.81 Mbps upload and a ping in 20 ms. I rate this product as a 5 star item.
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
So after writing this review I got a call from them saying they are sorry to hear it didn't work properly and since they think it's a defective item they will send me a replacement although I explained that I already returned my item. They insisted sending me a new one when I told them now I already have the wired setup going with 150ft ethernet cable around the wall. So they sent me a new one but since I already have a properly working connection I didn't use it. After 4-5 days I get another call from them and the lady wanted me to delete this review and she sounded upset when I said no. She kind of made it sound like I broke an agreement when I promised nothing and that she wasted her effort with this so that wasn't really nice. But they did send me a replacement so I'm adding a star to be fair.
The Mac instructions are not real clear, so here you go. It's easy. Start at a computer that does have Internet access. Just go to the RealTek website (RealTek makes the chip used inside this device) and click on "downloads", then "communications network ICs" then "wireless LAN ICs", then "802.11 b/g/n single chip" devices then select "RTL8192CU" as the chip. Download the driver ZIP file, unzip it, and you will have the .PKG file and some text files. Use a USB memory stick or a CD to get this PKG file to the Mac you wish to install this device on, and run this .PKG file there. The PKG file will install the driver. Then you MUST restart the Mac. THEN plug in this nifty little device (look for blue LED to blink, if not the first time, remove it and plug it again and then it should work). You are all set!
It really is easier than this sounds, I was just being really descriptive of all the steps because it is not necessarily clear.
There is another review here (from TheOBriens- and thanks to them for guiding me as well) that covers this install, but these steps are more up to date vs what the RealTek site looks like at this moment.
On the first computer I tested, it worked flawlessly, connecting to my hidden SSID works fine. On my second computer, a laptop, I ran into a few problems. I struggled to connect to the internet and my speeds were 4x slower than usual compared to my first computer that was the same distance away. After re-installing the drivers the problems wouldn't go away, I knew it wasn't the adapters fault because it has previously worked so well. I decided to move the adapter to a different USB port and it works flawlessly once again. Compared to a laptop's antenna which gives me 1 - 2 bars, this adapter makes it go to 4 - 5 bars.
I found that the adapter looks pretty elegant, the only problem is the bright blue LED lights displaying the wifi signal. I found it too bright for my taste so I covered it up with some black tape.