Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Bona® Hardwood Floor Cleaner Refill 128oz
Package Quantity: 1|Size: 128|Change

on August 2, 2015
Someone asked why they could get more off with a paper towel than with this product. Perhaps the question has to do with the product being used on the floor in the past. If you've swiped up a little spot on the floor and your paper towel or cloth looks yucky dark & dirty, it's likely that it is residue from the very product like Bona that you thought was supposed to clean & protect it.

Therein is the problem itself as I have finally discovered after 6 years of hardwood floors and using Bona products. Cleaner, polish, refinish...it's the same recurrent problem. Frustrated consumers like myself are DONE. You all need to know that these products, even the cleaner, contains a polish in it. At this point let just refer to the pictures. They'll speak for themselves.

Even the cleaner has a "polish" ingredient. Every time you are thinking that you are "cleaning" your investment (beautiful hardwood floors) you're creating a disaster that can be very costly to remedy. All you want to do is enjoy your beautiful floors--you Swiffer them, damp mop them, and think--yeah a little Bona will give me that satisfying feeling.

I'm a victim myself. I'm faithfully cleaning my floors 1-2 times/week. At one silly, crazy time, I read the bottle on back of the Bona cleaner & it recommended using the polish. So sure I did it. Oh boy we were sock dancing throughout the house. Whoot! I quickly began noticing marks, scraps, smudges, flakes and the like. Yes I'd reach down and swipe up a spot to find my cloth "filthy". What??? I just mopped!!!!

After a couple of months I began researching these products and I wanted nothing more than to get rid of all that Bona residue left on my floor. I read lots of stories about how to do it. No offense to the "Windex" option. Gave me a great idea but I didn't have Windex. I tried vinegar, and a natural orange peel ECO friendly cleaner. I ended up with straight ammonia using a Doodle Bug scrubber mop and good old hands and knee-cleaning. I finally got the crud up and "whola" the beauty returned. What was I ever thinking? The wood is beautiful! Why would I want to do anything to it? Ahhh come on we always think there is something, bigger, better more. Spare yourself. A safe non-toxic cleaner or vinegar & water combo is absolutely all you need--despite manufacturer recommendations. Just look at what I pulled off in a little non-traffic zone in the pictures below. Yes that is that yuck you keep wiping off your freshly mopped floors but can't quick figure it out. It is the residue of the Bona crap trapping in dirt.

I'm open to the fact that floors vary so pardon me. Intention is to provide knowledge--not offense. I have had all hardwood (same issues) but using ONLY the Bona cleaner. Then new home and newly added engineered hickory hardwood floors. After a few months I thought they needed a spruce up from all the remodeling we did.

I just completed the last of the areas left with the Bona polish. My husband came home with amazing praise. OMG the floors look AWESOME! So why didn't I just leave them that way?

First of all....hopefully you've only used the product a few times or less if you are lucky. STOP and if you're trying to figure out what is going on with your floor, I wouldn't recommend having a professional abrade and buff your floors. at 1.50 sq/ft, my hands and knees can do a lot (after cost of $8000 to install the floor). Stop at a janitorial supply store, purchase a doodle bug (the scrubber pictured, a WHITE one, be sure it is white--the least abrasive, pour ammonia on floor in small areas and lightly loosen the residue with the scrubber. Then wipe once, twice even three times with clean rags. You can do it!

I hope this helps anyone seeking information on cleaning their hardwood floors and/or finding remedies to "yuk" residue on their floors. Or maybe you think your floors need to perk up. NO. You'll fall in love again with your floors when they are stripped of all that Bona crap. There's no big huge miracle or fancy cleaning product necessary. You invested in wood flooring because you loved it. So enjoy it and save yourself a lot of heartache, money & physical demand. Just stick to natural cleaning products--NO BONA or anything of the like.

I'm happy to answer any questions or share my remedy with anyone interested. Best wishes. Go wood...and LOVE IT!
review image review image
4343 comments| 578 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 1, 2017
This is so easy to use and works so well on my hardwoods. The only product I use for my wood floors.
on March 22, 2015
We have stranded bamboo floors which have to be treated differently than sealed hardwood. It's the best floor cleaner that we have found.for this purpose.
on April 3, 2017
NO wood floors should go without this stuff. Super-easy to use. Looks fantastic when done.
on May 4, 2017
Recommended by our floor refinished. This is all we use for our beautiful hard wood floors.
on June 25, 2016
Good cleaner for engineered floors
on March 30, 2017
This is the best product for hardwood floors. The floors look brand new when you are done.
on April 12, 2017
floor cleaner works as advertised
on July 1, 2015
Makes my floor look great also I like how I get to save money by buying this refill bottle instead of keep paying extra for the spray bottle.
on March 29, 2017
Love this for our hardwood floors. Works great and leaves a nice sheen.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.