Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bona Ultimate Hardwood Floor Care System
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on December 18, 2011
To clarify the product is actually really good. Brings new life to faded and lightly scratched floors. Remember, nothing will help if the finish is worn to the wood. However if your floors are simply dull and LIGHTLY scratched this will buy you some time before refinishing.

The poor review for the kit is due to the very poorly made (China) mop. It is a 5 piece plastic metal screw together device that has velcro to attach the pads. The worthless thing broke twice in 5 minutes with my first use. Save time and frustration and get a heavy duty microfiber mop and sew some velcro to the Bona pads to make it work.

Again, the product itself is pretty good but the poorly constructed mop makes this "kit" worthless.
on October 11, 2011
Love it! I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing I used did the job, all I got was a white, milky film. I was a bit skeptical of Bona but WOW, it really did the job well. It is really easy to use though I do agree with tte other reviewers that the mop handle could use some improvement but that is minor. There is no odor when using this system either and the cleaner and polish dry very fast. You might notice a milky film after the cleaner dries but the polish takes care of that. The trick with the polish is to not rub it on very hard and don't make more than just a few passes over the same area or you may get streaks. Make sure you keep the pad moist with the polish. I cannot believe how beautiful my floors look after years of looking for a decent product. They are dark cherry and the dark floors show everything! I will continue to use this forever!!!!
on August 3, 2011
I purchased the kit because the cost of cleaner and polish alone was cost saving to get it in the kit. The mop head and handle that comes with the kit is useless. It broke in two places within the first three strokes on the floor. The other pieces kept coming apart. I ended up using a "swifter" that has velcro to attach the Bona pads. The cleaner leaves a lot of haze on the floor...not streaks....haze. The polish applied very uneven so had to go over several times, but after two hours it has a decent shine. Not "high gloss" as the bottle says but I would say "low gloss" at best. Dries very quickly which allows for touching up areas that didn't take the polish as well. After 1 hour it's not even tacky, however, is not ready for regular traffic.
on March 18, 2012
Bona needs to clarify their instructions on the cleaner bottle. It says to rinse the cleaner cloth often to prevent streaking. I did that while I was cleaning and got awful results. I think they meant to wash the cleaner cloth after you finish cleaning your entire house. Anyhow, the instructions are terribly short and unclear.
on June 25, 2013
After going through 3 different systems. Lowe's told us this was the top rated floor cleaning system. We purchased the starter kid. My elderly mother in law used it to clean the floor and the plastic part that holds the pole and the pad together snapped. Very disappointed with how highly it came recommended. The pole is sturdy, the pad is sturdy, but the plastic that holds the two together is garbage.
on May 30, 2016
This is an excellent floor kit at a great price. After researching all of the options for cleaning our new hardwood floors, Bona was the resounding winner amongst companies and customers alike. So I looked into all the different products available, and this kit offered the most products for the best price, and it worked beautifully. It takes up all the messes with minimal effort. The only thing it doesn't have is the automatic sprayer, but honestly, it's not hard to use one hand to spray and one hand to mop, and the cost of the automatic sprayer was pretty steep for me, especially when this worked so well. The 3 different cleaning pads are very nice, and the array of floor cleaning products means you'll always have exactly what you need for any situation.
on September 23, 2013
This is a great product. My wood floors were in when we bought our house 13 years ago so I have no idea how old they actually are. They have endured two boys and a dog over the last decade and I honestly didn't think there was much that could be done. I bought the Bona kit and the cleaner is great - no sticky residue. But to me the bigger gem is the polish. Unbelievable. My dingy wood floors actually shine. And again, no sticky or greasy residue. I'll definitely be a longtime customer of Bona products. Wish I'd tried it sooner. Oh, and as for the mop, I have no problem with it as other reviewers have said. It certainly seems sturdy enough for me. Highly recommend giving this product a try.
on May 14, 2014
The hickory wood floors we have come with a lifetime warranty. The condition is that you can only use BONA floor cleaner or the warranty is voided. I guess that says something about BONA. That being said, I have not tried different hardwood floor cleaner but I do like this one and would recommend it to a friend.
on May 14, 2016
The mop and cleaner are great, but do not use the polish if you have a polyurethane coating on your floors. The polish looks great for about an hour and then begins streaking and smudging and is EXTREMELY difficult to remove. We ended up having to have professional steam cleaners remove it for over $300!
on May 11, 2014
First, I had to be 'talked off the ledge' by a friend who bought this kit, uses it regularly, and recommends it.

Reading the reviews bu the people who had problems with the mop left me VERY skeptical. My friend has never had any problems. On her, recommendation, I bought it. I had NO problems with the mop either. AND, it wasn't particularly gentle with it. Well, maybe I have one complaint. The curved plug on the end of the mop popped out into my hand a few times as I was bearing down with the mop. So, ignore the complaints about the mop. Those purchasers must be gorillas (physically and mentally) who are trying to plane down the finish on their wood flooring using the mop. (No wonder the mop breaks on them.)

Otherwise, the kit works fine; its a by-the-numbers system for washing and waxing your wood floors. If you follow the directions, the floors look pretty good afterward.

So why did I give it a four (4) instead of a five (5)?

First the plug on the end of the handle kept popping out. (That's really nothing, not even half a star.)

Second, the system for applying the wax is not as well thought-out as that for applying the cleaner. The cleaner goes on squirted out of its own applicator bottle. You have fine control over the amount you are using. Also, they give you a BIG extra bottle of cleaner with the kit. The wax is sloshed out of its own bottle. You cannot control the amount of wax you use per square foot as precisely as you can the cleaner. Also there is not an extra bottle of wax, or even a larger bottle of wax in the kit to make-up for the amount you can easily waste.

Finally, the drying times for the cleaner, wax, and the drying of the cleaned mop heads listed in the directions are out of whack. Dusting, wet mop cleaning, and waxing, and cleaning up and drying of the equipment takes hours. Even a 10' x 12' wood floor takes more than an hour to clean properly, even the second time.

HTH