Lyft Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 383 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 432 reviews
on October 29, 2010
This man is extremely gifted. He writes great songs and plays one of the meanest guitars I've ever heard. His style is a combination of flashy, speed riffs and tasteful and soulfully played blues. He has really developed his own style and can belt out the vocals as well.
This DVD is well produced, with some great shots of Joe as well as the entire band. I like that they don't have a never ending change of camera angles, but that when they do change the shot, it's done in a way that doesn't give you that dizzying feeling that you can't just sit back and enjoy the show.
The audio production is extremely solid and well mixed with a perfect combination of dynamics and equalization that you don't always find on concert videos. The video production is a little on the hazy side in some shots and that effect is enhanced slightly by the blue lights on stage. Even with that said, it's still a pretty decent Blu-ray. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 10 for the audio and a 8.5 on the video.
The set list is quite a mix of faster and slower tunes. The highlights are Ballad of John Henry and the song that pulls off an impressive Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top medley.
The DTS-MA mixdown is superb, with all the instruments placed as they should be and at the proper volume in the mix. The dual drummers adds another level of depth and foundation to the tunes and is also mixed into the audio track very well.
All of the musicians are top notch and special guest Eric Clapton sits in on a version of Further on up the Road that is also well done with Joe and Eric trading licks back and forth.
All in all, I'd say you can't miss with this show. If you know Joes work, you'll really enjoy this concert and if you don't know his work, you'll become a fan.

MPEG-4 AVC, 1920*1080p, 23,976 fps, 16:9, ~20000 kbps | English (DTS-HD MA, 2 ch), (DTS-HD MA, 6 ch) | 32.1 Gb
on September 17, 2010
No other musician has captured my heart and soul like this man did, and his music touched deep parts of my soul so much that unexpected tears arose with the awesomeness of his abilities making love to that guitar. Not since SRV have there been the pure passion and talent from a performer who brings out the best in every guitar like no one else could. SRV was definately smiling down from above on the Bonamassa talent showcased here. My husband walked into the room and had the same reaction. My kids came in and were dancing and playing air guitar right along with this amazing concert.

I had never heard of Bonamassa before, and had I not happened upon this concert being aired on television, I might have missed this golden opportunity.

The ultimate blues guitar talent has returned and it is Bonamassa who I hope will hold that title for a long time. I had hoped that John Mayer would step up to that plate but his talent has been mismanaged. His band refuses to yield to Mayer's talent and plays to loudly over his poorly chosen solos, but I digress.

The guitar god, Eric Clapton even shows up to play with Bonamassa and from the look on his face, you can tell that even he is impressed with Bonamassa's talent. I dare to admit that bonamassa puts Clapton's talent to shame, and I still think Clapton is the godfather of the blues guitar.

Have I mentioned this man is nothing short of AMAZING?

I had to wait until payday to make this a part of our collection. Bonamassa should not be missed and this is a must have for everyone's collection. You will NOT be disappointed.
on December 17, 2009
To get this out of the way, I don't rate musical concerts 5 stars willy nilly. I own more than 60 concerts on DVD because my favorite thing to do on my days off when the wife's at work and my son is at daycare for his 3 hours is to take the volume of my AVM20 to around -14 db and listen to good music. SACD and DVD-audio have a place in my collection, but there's nothing like watching a good performance when the musicians are on fire and the performance is excellent.

This is one of those concerts where the band was there to play a great concert for the fans, and they accomplished.

From listening to the brief background documentary on Joe at the beginning of both discs (A nice touch, and not overdone), it has been Joe's dream to play the Royal Albert Hall for many years. This is a venue where many greats in music have played to countless thousands of audience members. Joe stands tall among those great players (Clapton, Pink Floyd, Tangerine Dream, Zepplin, and countless others.), and he certainly serves up one heck of a performance.

Joe is a fantastic player, and wholey underappreciated on the music scene. Born, I believe, the same hear as Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Joe is one of a small handful of prodigy guitar players that have been popular over the last decade, but two differences are evident: Joe Bonamassa isn't a household name like the others, but Joe will be playing for audiences for the foreseable future because he is simply a spectacular performer and the fans want to hear him play.

You've heard Johnny Lang and Kenny Wayne Shepherd on the radio, but have you heard Joe on the local airwaves? Amazingly the answer for me was 'no', and in my opinion as a musician myself, he is a better player than both Jonny and Kenny. I guess his agent just doesn't have the same connections, or that Joe's desire is simply to perform at his best playing the songs he wants to perform, instead of selling-out to a record label.

You won't typically find a Joe Bonamassa cd or DVD at your local Best Buy, and this is a shame. I only heard of him through Amazon because his style is similar to other bands I enjoy. I can't thank the little "Customers who bought this item also bought" banner on Amazon enough. It has turned me on to a lot of music and musicians that I would have otherwise not heard.

If you're a fan of blues and great guitar playing, don't pass up this DVD. Here's hoping I can see Joe play live in the next couple of years. In the meantime, when I need a fix of great music I'll put Joe Bonamassa Live From Royal Albert Hall in the DVD player and turn the volume up to concert levels. Simply Great stuff.

A player who is already a legend to his fans, and who will be a legend to the masses when enough of his fans tell other's about his talent as a musician. Count me as one of his newest fans.....

Update: Still the go to DVD concert for a lot of my get-togethers. I've now seen Joe in concert twice. It only makes me like this DVD that much more. I only wish that he would release footage of his acoustic improv!
66 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2012
Joe Bonmassa is a true artist. He's genius. If you are wondering whether or not to buy this dvd, or cd, DO. You will be SOOOOOO happy that you did. It will BLOW YOU AWAY. He is beyond words. My husband and I could just sit and watch this dvd for hours on end. His band is also out of this world! You will not regret buying this dvd. We first saw this concert on PBS, and fell in love with it. So, then we decided to buy the dvd of the same concert. The dvd has 10 more songs (that really ROCK) that were not on the PBS showing, and some extras. If you are a blues OR a rock fan, you are in for a real treat!!! Even if you're not a blues fan, you will be thrilled! BRAVO! ORDER THIS DVD NOW!!!!!!!!!!! This perfomance is STELLAR!
on October 14, 2011
I don't know what people are griping about when it comes to the sound and video of this concert. I never owned the DVD but there is no way that DVD has the kind of resolution that Blu-ray does. It's not the best Blu-ray I've ever seen but it IS very good by Blu-ray standards. Also, the audio options are both lossless: 2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio (even though they are labeled as DTS Stereo and DTS Surround 5.1). Ironically, the stereo track sounds better (to me) than the 5.1 track...better bass and definitely cleaner on the high end Actually, the stereo track sounds phenomenal. I would take any criticisms of the sound and video from others with a grain of salt. You can have good equipment but if it isn't set up properly, it'll sound like garbage anyway. This is really an exceptional concert presentation.

The concert itself is excellent. I came across Joe Bonamassa a couple of weeks ago on TV and debated about buying this Blu-ray but it is absolutely top-notch...great songs and great performances
on September 7, 2011
I only started seriously listening to Joe Bonamassa during this year. Initially I regarded him as just another wannabe guitar hero emulating the styles of Stevie Ray, EC and other noterary guitarists. I've been listening to Jonny Lang and Kenny Wayne and I enjoy their stuff but nothing of theirs fairly compares to the electric excitement and fire that JB has to offer. I think Joe is an a world and league of his own.

This DVD is an excellent showcase of the wide variety of styles he is capable of playing in concert or even during one of his solos. He has obviously mastered the blues rock styles of his heros like Clapton and Page but if you listen and watch closely, you will hear country & western speed picking, dreamy acoustic guitar and jazz inspired licks.

I'm not going to go into each song on this visual collection, but I want to mention what I regard as the two highlights of this video. The first is a guest appearance by "god" himself, Eric Clapton. How ironic that this relatively young guitar slinger who was inspired to play the electric guitar when, at age 10 or so, he watched Cream's farewell concert of 1968 recorded at the very same venue and told his father I'm going to play there someday. EC's appearance is akin to the Pope visiting St. Peter's whilst an up and coming young priest might be saying Mass . . . what an honor to be there. What an incredible honor to have a life long resident of the Royal Albert Hall show up and play a song with you!

The second piece of this DVD that really captured me is JB's high powered version of ZZ Top's "Just Got Paid" during which he makes a perfect segway into a Jimmy Page Led Zep medley. And then he returns to the rockin' riff of the original tune just as seamlessly. Although Joe can seemingly play anyone's solo note for note, his covers are elegant nods to the greats of classic rock while he languishes his own special blend of musical herb and spices to make such gems unmistakably his own.

Given JB's guitar virtuosity, it is almost easy to overlook his vocal skills. I think his voice is as distinctive and full of variable range to keep any listener attentive and entertained. But what I love about Joe the most is his humbleness and humility. In the interviews I have seen including those on this DVD, he remains accessible and in good humor despite his rise to stardom.

This is an excellent piece of musical and visual entertainment. Buy it and enjoy it over and over again.
on September 21, 2014
If you're new to Joe Bonamassa, start here. Recorded in 2009, this is a full-length concert in the UK and Joe puts on one of his best performances. The music is great, the band is on top of their game and Joe is top notch.

BTW, this entire show can be seen on YouTube if you want to preview it. Once you're hooked, come get the BluRay and crank up the home sound system. Joe delivers!!
on September 24, 2012
Joe Bonamassa, born on Robert Johnson's birthday on May 8th, 1977 in Utica, New York.

As the story goes Cream's Farewell video was a defining moment in Joe's life. Joe said that he wanted to learn guitar and that he planned to play RAH one day like his hero Eric Clapton.

Starting at the age of five, while most boys his age were out climbing trees, Joe was spending countless hours practicing guitar. At the age of twelve he opened for blues legend B.B. King.

This RAH Concert is the realization of a life long dream for Joe and after 20 years of dedication and hard work he has made it.

This two disc set is flawless from the content to the camera work. I felt like I was there, glowing with pride as Joe reached the pinnacle of his career.

This is not only a magical moment for Joe, but for all his fans, including myself. On May 4th, 2009 during this historic concert, the circle would be completed when Mr. Eric Clapton passes on the torch to the future blues-rock guitar god of the world Mr. Joe Bonamassa.

You can see it in Eric's eyes and demeanor. The look of pride and respect, the smile pasted across his face. And if you are passing the torch, who better to be on the receiving end than Joe. A person who deserves, has worked for and will respect his new position.

I will not go through the highlights of the concert as it is all ONE BIG HIGHLIGHT. From start to finish this is excellence.
on April 21, 2015
All I can say is WOW. This guy kills it when it comes to blues guitar and vocals. I do not recall seeing anyone better even Stevie Ray Vaughn although he was great during his time. I also saw Jimmy Hendricks perform live at the Cafe Wha in the Village in NYC before anyone knew who he was and Joe B. is right up there with him. His guest performers were also the "real deal" and I am sorry I missed his concert in Orlando a few months ago. If you like blues guitar this is for you.
on August 6, 2013
I won't add to other reviewers' comments on the concert. It is great, 5 stars for the performance. However, the blu-ray gets 1 star. It is nothing but the content of the DVD copied to blu-ray. There is no Master Audio track. It has DTS 5.1 surround, just as the DVD version no doubt does. Also there is no pop-up menu, something really important on a music concert since it is not necessary to watch the scenes in order and many viewers wouldn't want to. I suspect most people buying a blu-ray of a musical performance do so in order to obtain the ultra-high quality audio. Well, it isn't here. I compared this with the blu-ray of the Beacon Theater concert. What a difference! The Beacon Theater recording was done extremely well and transferred perfectly to blu-ray.