Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on November 12, 2011
I am the happy purchaser of Official Season 1 volumes 1 & 2 and also the Official Season 2 volumes 1 & now 2.

I had purchased the german dvds as the original music was on them, unlike all the other dvds of Bonanza circulating round the USA and found in dollar bins etc.

But these "Official" ones are well worth the price. Firstly, for me, they have captioning, which is a boon for those with hearing losses and they naturally have the original music scores and are uncut.

But they also come with great extras! There are still b&w pix from behind the scene shootings, there are publicity clips (a video of a Rose Bowl Parade appearance in the most recent), comments from the producer, Mr Dortort, voice overs from guest stars and stuntsmen etc with tidbits about the shows, the actors and the production.

For the Bonanza fan, this is MUST HAVE item. And I can only hope that more dvds for other seasons will be produced and in the same manner.
on November 15, 2016
I really enjoy Bonanza. However during season 2, episode 18 and beyond is not available due to some issue with the provider and Amazon. It isn't their fault as far as I know. So what would have been a 5 star review is a 3 star review.
on October 12, 2011
I can't believe the quality and the special features are just priceless. This is a must have for any Bonanza Fan! It's well worth the money to have the Cartwrights come into your livingroom any old time you like. There's some great episodes from this set and I'm so excited to have them in such high quality! Thank you so much for releasing them and I hope there will be more seasons to come!
on February 2, 2011
CBS has included the correct, original, better, louder, more vibrant, and more frightening NBC peacock (1957-63) at the beginning of each of these 1960-61 Bonanza episodes. The later, long-running, Laramie Peacock, which introduced an episode of Laramie on January 1, 1962, and still infrequently turns up on NBC after nearly a half-century, is more subdued by comparison. There are a bundle of extras, including commentary by guest actors, slide shows, interviews, and in several episodes, commercial bumpers not seen since their original network runs. CBS has left in the NBC production card at the close of each episode, followed by an appearance of the NBC snake (1959-1975), a line that snakes around into the letters N and B on top, and C below. Like the peacock, the snake is accompanied by an announcement that this program is a color broadcast. CBS really dotted their i's and crossed their t's with this Bonanza release of fine looking episodes. It's the closest there is to seeing Bonanza fifty years ago on a color TV.
on October 16, 2011
Another well done release. The pictures are so crisp and clear and the sound is wonderful. The restoration of these episodes is great. The extras, as usual, are well worth viewing. Some pictures are familiar but many are new. Especially enjoyed the pictures from the Rose Bowl Parade. Have seen stills of this but never the motion pictures. Hopefully the sales will warrant the release of Season Three very soon.
11 comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 6, 2016
I'm only wondering why I can't watch Season 1. Of course I like Bonanza. I've always liked Bonanza especially because that's the first TV series I saw advertise the Chevrolet Corvairs when they were introduced. I like the stories. I like the characters and I like the actors. Plus , you get to see real estate and design from the 1800's. What more could you want???
on November 1, 2016
Just love Bonanza. Unfortunately, the first two seasons are the only ones on Amazon prime.
I'm in my 40's, and I strongly believe we need more shows like this in today's world. The quality of today's programming leaves a lot to be desired, and isn't a very good example for young people. It's a great thing that we can still access this material on line.
on February 24, 2017
I bought episode 15 "Bloodline" and it's playing Episode 16 "The Courtship". I don't like the colors on this second season-earth tones. The opening music isn't the "Bonanza" song. It's some other "western" type of music. I'm VERY disappointed with this season-especially having spent $1.99 per video. I know it's FREE with Amazon Prime but I don't have that. What a waste!!!! Can't contact Amazon personally, either!
on December 14, 2011
I am very pleased to add volume 2 of the Official Season 2 of Bonanza. The two Official Seasons of Bonanza are vastly superior to the bargain unofficial conglomeration of episodes that are all in the public domain. The picture is sharp and the restored color as vivid as it must have been when the episodes aired. (My family only had a black-and-white TV in those days.) The sound is also excellent and you get the iconic theme song as the four Cartwrights ride up and the map burns. Finally, the episodes are uncut and significantly longer than today's one hour dramas. The extras described in other reviews are a definite plus.

I highly recommend Bonanza: The Official Second Season, Vol. 2Bonanza: The Official Second Season, Vol. 2
on January 26, 2012
Normally I steer clear of DVD releases that are divided into half-seasons, but when I was at one of the big electronics retail stores I spotted Bonanza Season 2 Volume 1 and was persuaded to buy it in no small part because of the special features, and later I purchased Season 2 Volume 2, with similar features, through Amazon. The features include on-air RCA promos (RCA owned NBC during Bonanza's network run) in selected episodes, and NBC logos before and after the opening and closing credits, just as originally broadcast over a half-century ago, a walk down memory lane. Other special features include audio commentary on selected episodes, and a few other extras worth watching. If you're a big fan of Bonanza, it's a fair price. If you're a big fan of nostalgia, it's a bargain. Let's hope that future releases of this great western series will have the same great features. And kudos to Amazon for the speedy delivery! I received it only a few days after placing the order, even though I ordered with Super Saver.