Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Bonavita BV1800SS 8-Cup Original Coffee Brewer, St...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 58% off the $179.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Bonavita BV1800SS 8-Cup Original Coffee Brewer, Stainless Steel
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- One-Touch brew operation
- Powerful and precise 1400-watt heater maintains optimal brewing temperature of 195 degree-205 degree (91 degree-96 Degree Celsius)
- Showerhead designed for complete saturation and optimal extraction
- Durable, stainless steel lined thermal carafe keeps coffee warm
- Carafe lid, filter basket, and showerhead are dishwasher safe and all plastic is BPA-free
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Bonavita BV1800SS 8-Cup Original Coffee Brewer, Stainless Steel
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Stainless||Stainless Steel||Silver||Black||Silver||Stainless Steel|
|Item Dimensions||6.25 x 10.75 x 12.25 in||6.8 x 12.4 x 12.2 in||9 x 7.75 x 14 in||12.2 x 7.1 x 15.4 in||11 x 9.5 x 16.25 in||6.2 x 12.3 x 10.6 in|
|Item Weight||6.39 lbs||6.13 lbs||8.75 lbs||6.5 lbs||15.65 lbs||5 lbs|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Aluminum||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
With a Bonavita coffee brewer, you're just one press of a button away from a perfect cup of coffee. We've refined our brewers down to the essential elements so it's simple to consistently brew great coffee. The excellence of the Bonavita 8-cup coffee brewer is recognized by the specialty coffee association of America as part of its certified home brewer program. Simple design for consistent results the ingredients for great coffee are simple: fresh coffee and pure filtered water. At Bonavita we believe simple is good, so we've refined our coffee brewers down to the essential elements needed to brew great coffee. Simple operation means it's easy to brew a quality pot of coffee every time. The Bonavita 8-cup brewer features one-touch brewing and automatic power-off. Powerful and precise 1400-watt heater a crucial step in brewing great coffee is reaching-and maintaining-the optimal water temperature. Water that's too hot or too cold produces an imbalanced flavor profile and other undesirable qualities. Bonavita brewers are fitted with a powerful and precise heater that reaches the optimal temperature quickly and maintains that temperature throughout the brew. This results in faster brewing and, of course, delicious coffee. better Saturation, uniform Extraction Bonavita's wide showerhead design evenly distributes water over the coffee grounds to ensure uniform extraction. The showerhead works in harmony with our v shaped filter basket to ensure even saturation. The result is an optimal flavor profile at your desired strength. thermal Carafe retains heat better once your coffee is brewed, Bonavita's specially engineered carafe keeps it hot. The tight-fitting lid and vacuum-walled design work together to retain heat better than simple glass pots and other carafes. The sleek carafe is easy to clean and the lid-along with the brew basket and showerhead-is dishwasher safe.
Top Customer Reviews
Note that this is a minimalistic coffee maker. It is fairly compact, has an unassuming appearance, and there are no glowing dials, no HUDs, no clocks. There's one control: the on/off switch. It has no timer. It doesn't have a brew stopper, so you have to let the coffee maker finish before you can pour yourself a cup (since the coffee maker brews so quickly, this isn't too big of a deal). You cannot navigate your kitchen at night by the light from this coffeemaker, nor can you signal passing UFOs.
Nonetheless, it makes great coffee.
The video captures brewing the first pot of coffee with the Bonavita and (briefly) how to fold a filter. It demonstrates pouring.
Today I received my Bonavita Thermal Coffee Maker and made my first brew with it.
First impressions: This is one fast and impressive little machine. No wonder it garnered the Specialty Coffee Association of America's coveted Certified Brewer Equipment award: one of only four machines to do so as of this writing. This machine makes very hot coffee indeed: I measured the coffee in the preheated thermal carafe right after brewing at 188° F. With a non-preheated carafe the coffee was 183.2° F right after brewing completed.
Temperatures during brewing were at 195° F at 58 seconds into brewing and reached as high as 205.8° F briefly at the 4:04 minute mark and at 203.3° F at the end of the brewing cycle (see photos). Brewing time was 5 minutes 48 seconds, so just under six minutes.
A photo is attached of what you receive with this brewer, and the list, like the brewer, is very basic.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
* Bonavita BV1800 8-Cup Coffee Maker
* Bonavita Thermal Carafe
* Carafe Lid
* Filter Basket
* Bonavita "Brewing Perfect Coffee Everytime" Manual
* Small paper insert on how to clean the showerhead (the lid and showerhead are removable and can be cleaned in the dishwasher)
* "Bonavita Exceptional Brew" Manual
* Pink sheet of instructions for care of the thermal carafe, also known as the "Melitta insulation jug."
* Starter pack (4) of Melitta Super Premium Flavor Enhancing #4 Coffee Filters in Natural Brown
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* Extra filters. A starter pack will get you going for the first few days.
* If you choose it, a gold tone filter, instead of paper filters. I purchased the Cuisinart GTF Gold Tone Filter, which fits inside the Filter Basket, in case you'd like to fit your Bonavita with a permanent filter. Be advised that gold tone filters do let in sediment (depending on how your coffee is ground), so if you use a gold tone filter, you may get sediment at the bottom of the pot. As a sidenote, so far, the Bonavita brew times have remained within the recommended SCAA guidelines when I tested it.
* ETA about the gold tone filter: Although I am a fan of gold tone filters, I have become a big fan of the Melitta filters since my Bonavita purchase as they have no paper taste. So I am sticking with paper Melitta filters for my Bonavita.
MY FIRST BREW:
The instructions are basic and easy to follow. Using the "Bonavita's Exceptional Brew" manual, I measured 7 grams of coffee for every cup or a total of 56 grams of coffee to make 8 cups. (Bonavita recommends between 7 and 9 grams of coffee per 5 ounces of water. The Bonavita "cup" size is a 5-ounce cup.)
You can also measure your coffee to taste or use the scoop size you usually prefer if that is your preferred method. More detailed instructions are in the manual.
I put a paper filter in the filter basket, folding the crimped edges of the filter (per the instructions on the back of the filter package) -- the filter fits perfectly this way. I put the coffee into the filter, then placed the filter basket on top of the thermal carafe. I placed the thermal carafe onto the coffee maker, put in 40 ounces of filtered water, then turned it on. Voila! It began to brew.
The brewing cycle is fast and efficient at just under 6 minutes. I was expecting the filter basket might be clumsy to remove: not the case. Having previously used Chemex, Krups, Braun and even Cuisinart (with all of their dreaded innards), the simplicity of removing just the filter basket and replacing it with the thermal carafe lid was marvelous. One complete turn and the carafe lid was in place.
MY FIRST POUR:
My first impressions of the coffee? Delicious and strong. Hot at 188° F. I went back to the carafe three hours after making the coffee and took off the lid. Still hot. You *will* get hot coffee from this machine: blissfully hot coffee.
HOW TO CLEAN THE CARAFE:
There are a few reviews about exploding carafes. I clean my carafe by only swishing warm water inside of it (see the pink sheet of instructions). I don't put sponges, plastic dish scrubbers, or anything else inside the carafe. It's been fine so far.
A NOTE ABOUT PLASTIC TASTE, OR RATHER, THE LACK THEREOF:
There is no plastic taste with this machine. If I put my sensitive nose into it, I smell no plastic smell. I don't taste plastic in my coffee. Even with the first brew right out of the box. This is likely due to Bonavita's use of BPA free plastic. Hallelujah!
* Very hot coffee.
* Speedy brew cycle of 6 minutes: within SCAA guidelines
* 1400-watt heating element (aluminum)
* Auto off after 15 minutes
* Glass-lined carafe that keeps coffee hot for hours
* One-full-twist easy-on carafe lid
* Easy off filter basket makes clean-up easy
* I'm only mentioning this so people will be aware in case it happens to them. After brewing, when I lifted out the paper filter from the filter basket, there was a small amount of coffee that had not drained from the filter basket. Apparently this has to do with the position of the hole in the filter basket and is for better extraction. I removed the paper filter and simply tipped the filter basket with its coffee directly into the thermal carafe. The amount of coffee is so small it is insignificant. ETA: After doing this a few times, it depends on the amount of coffee or your grind. The water might drain into the carafe on its own.
WHO SHOULD GET IT:
* If you love coffee; and you just want a deliciously brewed, piping hot, delicious cup of coffee
* If you want a machine that produces fantastic coffee but without all the "bells and whistles" such as programmable features, brew and pause, etc.
* If you are looking for a truly great thermal carafe: one that keeps the coffee hot, pours easily, and has an easily removable and replaceable lid
* If you want a machine that is easy to clean
* If you want a machine that easily fits under cabinets: my kitchen cabinets are low at 17 3/4" and the Bonavita fits under them easily at 11 5/8" high.
Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with this machine.
Please see my photos and video for more details.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
See the Top Rated coffee makers in our Coffee Maker Reviews.