Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Bonavita BV382510V Electric Kettle, Gooseneck Vari...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 34% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $8.33 shipping
Bonavita BV382510V Electric Kettle, Gooseneck Variable Temperature, 1.0L
|You Save:||$22.73 (23%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1000 watts for quick heating, commercial UL rating
- Real-time temperature display and heat and hold at desired temperature for up to 60 minutes
- Count-up timer makes it easy to keep track of the brewing process
- 1-year warranty
- Please descale the kettles periodically using a descaling powder mixed with water. This should remove any discoloration.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Bonavita BV382510V Electric Kettle, Gooseneck Variable Temperature, 1.0L
Bonavita 1.0L Electric Kettle BV3825B B005YR0GDA
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Home N' Goods||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||7.48 x 10.83 x 7.28 in||6.3 x 10.6 x 6.9 in||9.5 x 6.4 x 7.3 in||9.75 x 8.25 x 12 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||18/8 Steel||Stainless Steel|
Bonavita 1-Liter Variable Temperature Digital Electric Kettle
The Bonavita Variable Temperature Electric Kettle is a 1.0 liter capacity stainless steel kettle with many unique features. Users can select from six present temperatures or can set their own temperature from 140 degrees F (60 degrees C) and up. The 1000 watt heater boils water quickly and will hold the set temperature for up to one hour. The kettle has a unique spout that allows for a very controlled water pour that is needed for manual brewing of coffee and great for tea steeping as well. Our kettles have been used by World and US Champion Baristas based on its build quality and pour control.
- Temperature set/hold for 60 minutes
- Accurate to within 1-2 degrees F (or 1 degree C) to set temperature
- Count up timer for timed coffee brewing or tea steeping
- Actual water temperature displays on LED
- 1.0 liter capacity
- Powerful 1000 watt heating element (AC 120V 60Hz)
- Commercial UL certified (USA); UL rated in Canada
Six preset temperatures or user-selected in one degree increments from 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Holds set temperature for one hour. LED display shows water temperature. Display accurate to +2 degrees F.
Unique spout for pour control. Use for manual coffee brewing, tea, or your favorite hot beverage.
The Bonavita BV382510V Variable Temperature Electric Kettle is fully UL Certified for safety compliance and features a 1-year manufacturer's warranty.
From the Manufacturer
The error message indicates that the kettle reached the boiling point before reaching the set temperature. This is common in higher elevations, but should not occur in other environments. Please note that this "Hi-Err" issue has only surfaced in a small number of bases from a limited date code range. The date codes can be found on the bottom of the kettle base. The specific date codes that could potentially show signs of this error are 1425, 1427, and 1429. We have replacement electrical bases available that have been confirmed to not produce this error message. Customers experiencing this issue should be directed to complete the warranty claim form at the link below or call 855.664.1252 to receive a replacement electrical base shipped to them.
Top Customer Reviews
I've been waiting for an electric kettle where I could select any temperature desired (as different coffee beans require different brewing temperatures as do teas), hold that temperature for a reasonable length of time, and have a goose neck spout. The Bonavita is the first solution I've found and it is perfect. The controls are simple, the digital readout is large and clear, and the functionality is better than I expected.
I previously had a Hario goose neck stove top kettle and I am way happier with the Bonavita. Here's why.
1. Holds a Temperature: With the stove top Hario, after boiling, I would have to remove the lid to put a thermometer in as I let it cool to my desired temparature. Often, I'd get distracted and have to reboil and cool the water. What a waste of time and energy. The Bonavita lets me select a temperature and let's me choose to hold that temperature for up to an hour once it is reached. I can set it and when I return, it is at the right temperature no matter how long I'm gone. Also, my probe thermometer fits in the vent holes in the top because they are larger than the ones on the Hario. If I want to verify temperature accuracy of the unit, I can do so easily. Since the BonaVita maintains the temperature, if I need 10 seconds or a couple minutes to get my coffee ready, the temperature is still exactly what it should be when I start my pour, instead of a few degrees too cool with a stove top kettle.
2. Won't boil over at max fill: With the Hario, if I filled to the max level and didn't remove it soon after boiling started, it would boil over. The BonaVita can be filled to the full 1 liter mark and will not boil over.
3. Pours well: I found the Hario challenging to pour slowly when full and challenging to maintain a consistent stream when trying to pour slowly. The BonaVita seems to pour better throughout the range of volumes of liquid inside.
4. Lid secures well: With the Hario, the lid just slips in. This means that you need to use a hand to hold the lid on as you tip the kettle to pour. The BonaVita secures the lid with adjustable tabs so that you can set the tension as you desire it. This is safer and keeps my second hand free.
5. Count up timer: I didn't even know the BonaVita had this feature when I purchased it. After you pick it up, a simple touch of the "+" button starts a timer (mintues & seconds) which will count up to 7 minutes. For the best pour over coffee, you are supposed to time your pours and pauses. Now I don't need a separate kitchen timer out on my counter. The Kettle doubles as my timer. AWESOME!
6. Handle comfort & Safety: The Hario wasn't uncomfortable. There are a number of exposed metal components near the handle which could lead to burns. The BonaVita has one of the most comfortable handles I have ever used. I has a good thickness and curve and is designed so that you can primarily use your thumb and pointer finger which are your strongest fingers. It also has plastic between the grip of the handle and the side of the kettle which should prevent accidental burns.
+ Boils Quickly
+ Set temperature to any degree is simple: The last setting is retained when turned off (but not unplugged) and displayed when briefly when turned on. Pressing +/- will modify that temperature. Pressing the Set Temperature button will cycle through the 6 factory presets. I do not believe you can customize these presets, though even if they are not the exact temperature needed, they can get you close so that you only need to hit + or - a few times.
+ Recall stored temperature settings for various beverages is simple, though you might want to keep a notepad around with what beverage is brewed at what temperature as it just displays the temperatures
+ Switching between Fahrenheit and Celsius is simple. Press one button.
+ Holding temperature for an hour is simple (push one button) and can be re-selected after a pour for the remaining water in the kettle.
+ Temperature Display: Clear and continues to display even after the unit stops heating water (while cooling down or holding temp).
+ Lights: One light lets you know whether the unit is on (heating) since the temperature display remains on for a time (don't know how long yet. Instructions claim 1 hour if not removed from base after temperature is reached, and 7 minutes if unit is picked up and returned to base). One Light lets you know that the "hold" setting is on or off
+ Count up timer is simple - press one button when the kettle is off the base and the timer starts. It stops when you replace the kettle and resets to zero to be started again when picked up again.
+ Looks Great
+ Pours well
Manual - [...]
Only Issue: They seem to have missed the boat on a quality control issue with the current batch. I purchased my first one over a year ago for my Aeropress, and have since purchased a second one for a separate location where I primarily use it for pour-over brew. The second one began giving me the "Hi Err" warning immediately upon first use. I figured that it may have been due to having it plugged in to a power strip, so I moved it to where it could be plugged directly to the outlet. No difference. Before getting too crazy about, I decided to do my research and saw that Bonavita seems to be aware of the issue and are practicing good business ethics by replacing the faulty base for those near sea level who are experiencing this issue. I had to leave a message upon my first attempt to contact their customer support line. Will keep this updated as the resolution unfolds. I'm hoping that they'll be able to refurbish the defective bases and not incur too much of a loss. I love their products, and will continue to highly recommend them.
After calling and leaving a message, they got back in touch with me later on the same day. They were friendly, and quickly took care of getting my info to send a replacement base. Will update again once the replacement has been received.
I received an email on 6/23 from UPS with a tracking number. I thought "hmmm... that's odd, I don't recall ordering anything recently...", opened it up, and then put 2 and 2 together... says it should arrive by 6/30. Still a happy customer thus far. And I'm also loving the Harrio scale/pour-over stand that I purchased the same day. Hope this endorsement doesn't disqualify this review... just wanted to share. Will submit a final update once the base arrives and works.
The replacement base arrived and functions perfectly. However, it is no different in terms of buttons or layout, etc... but it works, and that's all that really matters. Was excited at the possibility of receiving something updated, but it's all good. Thanks Bonavita for taking care of the great customer service.