Bond 50: The Complete 23 Film Collection with Skyfall [Blu-ray]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Bonus Disc Includes:
World of Bond
Designing 007: Fifty Years of Bond Style
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 7:54 Mins|
I'm always conflicted about buying collector's sets of movies whose franchises are still in on-going production, but the Bond franchise tied this collection up nicely as a "50 Years of Bond" set instead of labeling it a "complete collection." That gives this set a lot more staying power on my shelf as a collector's edition that won't be obsoleted when the next Bond film is released (currently slated for November 2015, with Skyfall's director Sam Mendes returning to work with Daniel Craig, who is signed on for at least two more Bond films).
The Bond 50 set includes the 23 following films:
1. Dr. No
2. From Russia with Love
5. You Only Live Twice
6. On Her Majesty's Secret Service
7. Diamonds Are Forever
8. Live and Let Die
9. The Man with the Golden Gun
10. The Spy Who Loved Me
12. For Your Eyes Only
14. A View to a Kill
15. The Living Daylights
16. Licence to Kill
18. Tomorrow Never Dies
19. The World is Not Enough
20. Die Another Day
21. Casino Royale (2006)
22. Quantum of Solace
There is also a 24th disc labeled "Bonus Disc" that is full of nothing but - you guessed it - bonus materials. I'll discuss that disc more farther down in the review.
Never Say Never Again (an adaptation of Thunderball) is not included, as it was produced by an independent company instead of Eon Productions.Read more ›
THE FIRST PART IS EASY.
Buy this Official 23 film 50th Anniversary Collection *
- 6 Sean Connery films, 1962-1971
- 1 George Lazenby film, 1969
- 7 Roger Moore films, 1973-1985
- 2 Timothy Dalton films, 1987-1989
- 4 Pierce Brosnan films, 1995-2002
- 3 Daniel Craig films, 2006-2012 (and counting)
[hint: for ease of navigation, read the review though to the end, then come back and click on the links.]
Or you can buy the earlier 22 film 50th Anniversary Collection: Bond 50: The Complete 22 Film Collection [Blu-ray]
--- Then buy the "Skyfall" Blu-Ray: Skyfall (Blu-ray/ DVD + Digital Copy)
--- Add it to the empty holder designated "Skyfall"
--- Now your contents are identical to the new 23 film collection (same bonus features too). *
Or you can buy the 23 films separately (list at end of this review).
THE SECOND PART REQUIRES A BIT MORE EFFORT.
There are four "Unofficial" James Bond films, not produced by Cubby Broccoli or the Broccoli family (Eon Productions).
Two of them involve the Connery family.
Three of the four unofficial films are on Blu-Ray.
They are the result of business deals negotiated by Ian Fleming early in his career, before he met Cubby Broccoli:
----- 1954: "CASINO ROYALE" - starring Barry Nelson: James Bond Casino Royale (1954)
Hard to find on Blu-Ray.Read more ›
My hearing has lost its ability to clearly understand some of the higher frequencies such as some voices of females and on occasion a high pitched male. Without subtitles I cannot thoroughly enjoy a movie since I can understand only parts of the dialog. This Bond series does provide subtitles in English. When I played the first disc, Dr No, I thought that only Spanish was available but that is not the case. If you want subtitles in English and did not find them here is what I did:
1. Wait for the opening comments to play and get to the page that has "Initiate Mission" highlighted.
2. Go up past "Special Features" and click on "Language Description".
3. This will lead you to a page with Audio & Subtitle. If you click on Audio it will tell you that it is English.
4. Click on Subtitle. You will see "Spanish" & "None". Since I did not want either one I went back to "Initiate Mission" and watched Dr No without subtitles.
5. Next, I chose From Russia With Love and when I got to the "Spanish" or" None" I could not believe there were no English subtitles again. So, I just instinctively scrolled up and Voila! English subtitles.
Maybe no one else has had this problem but just in case you want subtitles in English and did not find them I hope my experience is a bit helpful.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good set to have for the movie fan, just wish that the book was a little betterPublished 17 days ago by Elias
Love it. Well authored discs. A shame they cheaped out on the last few discs and re-used the standalone disc image with all the trailers included. Read morePublished 21 days ago by Ian Tyack
Bond, what else does one have to say! If you enjoy Bond, recommend this. Transfer even on older movies are very clean.Published 1 month ago by J Bauer
As a longtime Bond fan, this set is the perfect addition to the collection. It's nice to have them all in Blu-ray since I'm a snob like that. Read morePublished 1 month ago by JKru
Got the set for $99 for Black Friday deal... It was over $200, maybe $250 before clack friday deals. There is a lot of James Bond movies that I have not seen... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Daniel Przywalny
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > James Bond > Sean Connery
- Movies & TV > MGM Home Entertainment > All MGM Titles
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > MGM Home Entertainment > All MGM Titles