Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on June 8, 2012
This plant meter (I bought 4 of them) is supposed to tell you how moist or dry the soil is, so you will know when to water. You are supposed to stick the probe in the soil and read the dial, on which a needle registers the moistness. Unfortunately, no matter how wet or dry the soil was, I got the same reading of 2 to 3 (dry). Even if I thoroughly wet the soil, I got the same reading, including when I actually stuck the probe in a glass of pure water! Just to verify, I also tested these meters against my existing meter (from a different manufacturer) that I had been using for several years. My meter was fine; these were not. So don't waste your money. NOTE: These meters are also supposed to tell you the pH of the soil and the light falling on the plant, but I didn't bother testing these features, since my main concern was water.)
on June 21, 2017
Works ok
on April 21, 2011
As some other reviewers have mentioned, the item that showed up at my doorstep has 2 prongs, not 1 as pictured. This means you need to apply a little more force to get it into drier or clayey soil, but for me it's no big deal.

I can't comment on the pH or light meter, as I don't use those features.

So far it's been accurate and responsive, and for less than $9 much cheaper than other moisture meters. On mine, the needle pegs all the way to the right when I put it in a glass of tap water.
on May 28, 2016
Tells you when to water and at my age I forget when the last time was so I used to drown my plants out of love. Now I wait till they want a drink.
on January 10, 2013
I have been gardening for a few years now, and this is a must have. After learning how a pH meter works i understand how this apparatus works. The pH is accurate as long as the soil is moist. The information is accurate, and i verified it with professional grade pH meter. This inexpensive multi-use tool is great for beginner gardeners or experienced gardeners looking to increase their quality control.
on September 14, 2016
This just did not work in all 3 ways. Maybe I got a lemon but I'll be looking for a better one.
on April 1, 2011
Let me start this review with saying this meter is under ten dollars. The Light meter and moisture meter seem to work good but the ph has got to be off by a point or more. I tested my soil a bunch of times and all it says about a 7.5 but then I used ph strips and I get about a 6-6.5. So Its off by a point or so. I would suggest that anyone who orders a cheap meter like this orders some test strips too.
on June 27, 2011
This meter worked right out of the box. All three meters were working with no problems although the light meter only moved a few notches when held right next to an 80 watt light bulb. The intensity of the light measured depends a lot on what angle light hits the sensor in front. You would probably want to lay the meter flat on the ground when measuring light but I'm not sure how accurate it is anyway. The pH meter starts at 8 and goes down into the more acidic range. I'm very happy considering the product was only 10 bucks.
on June 5, 2016
This was my 3rd purchase of this amazing product!
on June 14, 2011
Thank goodness for a good return policy at AMAZON for the product did not work well at all on the Ph setting. The light and moisture level seemed to work much better but the needle never oved from its restign position for Ph. Woudl not reccomend at all.