Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 119 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 139 reviews
on May 23, 2017
Above all else, Sir Roger Moore was a proper gentleman's gentleman. In this funny, heartwarming, and absolutely fascinating look back at the James Bond franchise, there is little in the way of dirt to be dished ("I'll simply leave it there," is Sir Roger's approach to two of his leading ladies who were, one assumes, less than agreeable) so don't pick this up expecting a kiss-and-tell expose. What you're getting instead is a guided tour of 007's cinematic journey, given by one of the men who actually packed the Walther PPK himself. There are a lot of smiles to be had as Sir Roger recounts his story, talking about the various players, props, characters, and other Bondanalia that he and his fellow 007s ran into over the years. The book has a lot of great photos, most of them from behind the scenes, and is chock full of anecdotes that could only come from the man himself. This book belongs on the coffee table of every Bond fan, and should be enjoyed by the casual reader as well.
on March 26, 2017
Traditionally with the release of each new James Bond film comes a plethora of new literary publications focusing on the new film or all the films in the series. Thus, 2012's SKYFALL is no exception. The several books out this time are numerous it being the 50th cinematic anniversary of James Bond Agent 007. "BOND ON BOND" is an outstanding collection of artistic ideas that went into these films from the pen of Sir Roger Moore. This book is a great addition to my library. It truly has a succinct structure and delves intensely through many of the elements that went into the films with a concerted effort to intelligently assemble the progression of ideas that resulted in the look, feel and texture of the series as a whole.

I highly recommend this book for your library. I loved it.
on November 15, 2012
This is the third book by Roger Moore that I've read. As with his James Bond Diary for Live & Let Die and his autobiography he's a great storyteller. Amusing, thoughtful and never mean spirited although I'd love to hear him dish about Grace Jones. His take on all of the actors who have played Bond is thoughtful and it's fun and surprising when he dishes on himself and when even he thought he was too old to play Bond (see the one off cartoons that take potshots at him for being an AARP Bond). The book is great fun and there is very litle repetition of stories from the earlier books. If you're a Bond or Roger Moore fan get this book.
on May 27, 2017
Behind the scenes detail into real life characters. Their expectations, sense of humor and human reactions bring big screen characters down to our everyday human reality. While at the same time you might think you would like to have that kind of fame and fortune but would you really want to give up any kind of private life at the same time worrying about your image and vanity. For some of us mortals, the price is to high. But it is fun to see how the rich and famous handle it. I would recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of The late Roger Moore. May he RIP
on December 6, 2012
When you have been a fan of the James Bond movies as long as I have been, you really appreciate a book like this. Roger Moore is a true gentleman and I appreciate the behind the scenes view that he gives to the reader. As part of my career, I have worked as a movie still photographer for a number of years and yet I feel this book is a wonderful bouquet of flowers to the many fans of the 007 movies. I am happy that Mr. Moore did this book particularly in light of the fact that The new James Bond, Daniel Craig, has added a new vision of 007 that is interesting along with what is now an interesting history of the franchise.
on June 5, 2017
Excellent Book! Lots of photos, trivia and info! I bought this one and "Bond vs Bond". Both are just as good!
on April 1, 2013
Very enjoyable, interesting book.

After all, who else is there better to give an insight into the world of James Bond from someone who's played the role (And more times than any other actor to this date). In my opinion Roger is one of the most underrated Bond actors. (The fact also he's still actively engaging with fans, book signing etc, despite being 86 years old this year, is pretty impressive)

His point about not being able to take the movies seriously due to how ridiculous they were makes a lot of sense. There's a limited amount to what any actor can do if the plot/dialogue is daft. It's for exactly that reason that Pierce Brosnan's movies have dated badly (For example most of the one-liners in The World is Not Enough are truly awful). After all, how good of a secret agent is James Bond if everyone knows exactly what he drinks etc? A true secret agent would be someone good at being anonymous, staying in "the shadows".

The most interesting part of the book in my opinion was reading Roger's opinion on the movies he wasn't directly involved in.
on January 25, 2013
Sir Roger Moore is one of my favorite actors in the role of James Bond Secret Agent 007,and is a very witty,very entertaining,and very informative writer.I had read Mr.Moore's,"James Bond Live & Let Die Diary" book many years ago when it was first published in 1973{the year "Live And Let Die" was first released to movie theaters,I saw the film then},and was very amused,entertained,and very well informed,about that first Roger Moore Bond film's production,I still own that first very well written book by Mr.Moore.He tops it by the release of this James Bond 50Th Anniversary "Bond On Bond" book.It is a must read with many rare photographs from ALL of the James Bond Movie Franchise which still continues today and will continue for a very long time to come.I highly recommend this book to any James Bond movie fan,the casual reader,movie lovers everywhere,etc.,top marks all the way on this release!
on June 30, 2013
Being a true "Bondonian" - that is a gentlemen who appreciates of fine drink, talented women, fascinating autos, suspenseful drama and action, Sir Roger Moore does once again live up to expectations on all fronts. He captures the aura of 'Moneypenny, 'M', and the Villains which have characterized the Bond franchise for 50 years. It is also enlightening to see that once a Bond, always a Bond, especially in how Sir Roger backed the most recent selection, Daniel Craig. A truly worthwhile addition for any collector and an excellent value as well. Born in 1962 and hence a self-proclaimed "Bondonian" - Looking forward to the NEXT 50 years! Cheers to Sir Roger with not a drop of Vodka spilled.
on June 15, 2013
my only disappointment is that the book does not give specific details on how to be a secret agent- how to train properly, education required- if any, where to apply. it also fails to explain how to bag super hot babes in all my worldly travels. I would also liked to know exactly how Bond gadgets work and where can I buy them. Traffic is really bad when I go to work at Arby's in the morning and if I could fit my Trans Am with lasers, rockets or machine guns I know I could get to work on time. At the very least an ejection seat would be nice and I could take my mean boss Randy to lunch and eject him somewhere then I could get the promotion I deserve.