Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on January 25, 2013
Wow! This is one story that I didn't think I'd ever see written and Ms. Pierce did an excellent job at it. What happens when you are wolf, cougar, and human? Jayda is all three and her needs seem to be being met with Cole who is the wolf that has been with her for a while helping her until a particular cougar named Zane comes along as the new game warden. Chemistry is pulling them together and it's undeniable. But when a cougar is found dead, Jayda and Zane go on a mission to find the cubs and passion ignites. He is going to wake something in her that hasn't shown itself until she's with him. But who can she be with? Does Cole meet her needs or does Zane? Will she be able to decide who she wants to be with? With Cole being the Chief of Police and Zane as the game warden, they all will have to work together to find out what is killing the cougars. Is that going to even be possible?
on December 16, 2012
To preface my review, I will definitely say that this book was very well written for a such a short read. The main characters are Jayda who is able to shift to both a wolf and a cougar, her boyfriend Cole - a wolf, and Zane a cougar shifter. As the story excerpt indicates her boyfriend Cole brings out the wolf in her and through his help (intimately) she is able to shift to a wolf, however with him her cougar is latent and vice versa, with Zane she is able to shift to a cougar and with him her wolf is latent. Thse are both men who are head of their respective councils and have a deep-seated distrust for each other..you can see where this is leading!
Naturally as the audience, we are privy to Jayda's feelings and the sense of disquiet she feels because although Cole wants to mate with her and she loves him, she is unable to commit to him because she is not only a wolf. We get that she loves Cole and she is torn, especially after meeting Zane, being sexually attracted to him and shifting with him. Ultimately it came to a head where she wants/needs both of them to complete her. I had a problem with the way the author wrote Jayda's reaction when she brought the two men together and had sex with them. I felt like it was all about her...I thought that Jayda's character was selfish because Cole was never given enough time to actually come around to the idea that Jayda's polymorphic state meant that both her animals needed mates. It was like she was there at the finish line in knowing what she needed to feel happy and instead of giving him the time to come around so he could meet her there, she was angry that there was jealous and resentment on his part. Ultimately it worked out, but because I felt disconnected from Jayda, it ruined the story for me!

On another note, can anyone recommend an author or books where the opposite happens? What I mean is that I am tired of the same old alien, cyborg, vampire, shifter relationships where the same theme abounds...way too much men and not enough women to go around so of course there is the lucky female with two (or three) hunks after her. I would like to read about a FFM relationship where there is an alien, cyborg, vampire, shifter theme where more females than male presiding and there is a lucky guy who's got two (or three) beauties loving him!!
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2012
What a wonderful way to spend a day, reading this book! I have recently discovered the genre of "paranormal romance" and I love, especially cases where the word "erotic" could be added to the genre, such as with Bonded By Need. Nina Pierce did a thorough and enjoyable job in the world-building around her shapeshifters, including the special "polymorphic" Jayda, the heroine of the book. I loved how there was just enough but not so much world-building that it didn't take away from the romance and the character conflicts. I appreciated how both Cole and Zane enjoyed Jayda's real woman body, even with her imperfection that she didn't like. Now I will have to see if Nina has written anything more with Jayda, Cole, and Zane- I sure hope she has.
on December 27, 2015
It was a very good suspenseful story. I just think some of the sex scenes lasted a LITTLE to long. Don't get me wrong I hate quickies, I want to see the full picture. I was getting to the point though I was like can you stick it in her and cup already....but it was a good book overall.
on October 16, 2014
Wow, this book will have you hot and bothered pretty quick. While the story takes a different and interesting spin on polymorphic shifting, it was easy to see where the story was heading. I wanted more character development. The chemistry was very believable and love scenes were scorch worthy- hot!
on December 7, 2012
The biggest problem I had with this book is that it isn't actually book one. It made starting the book hard to understand. I liked the book but because it called itself book one even though it's book 2 made hard to understand different attitudes. Anyone that ever accidentally read out of order will understand that it's never good to try doing it
on January 9, 2013
First time reading a book about a person who can shift into more than one animal. A good read not the best but it kept my interest the whole time
on January 8, 2013
Not for young readers. This is a steamy romance with spicy intimate scenes. Finished it in one night and ready to dive into the next one. If you r looking for a romance with hot and spicy encounters I would recommend this one. Can't wait to read the next one.
on December 13, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this story from beginning to end. Loved the different twist on the whole shifter idea! I downloaded the book for free, and as soon as I was done I went back online to see what else this Author has to offer. Ms. Pierce ... you have a new fan. :)
on December 12, 2012
I really liked the fact that this book was different from other shifter books. A good story overall but it felt a little rushed for me. I would have liked to see a little more relationship development.