|Manufacturer||Bondo Home Solutions|
|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.4 x 4.4 x 6.5 inches|
|Item model number||20082|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Style||Bondo 20082 Home Solutions Wood Filler, 1 Quart|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||3M Bondo Home Solutions Wood Filler|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Bondo Home Solutions Wood Filler, Sandable in 15 min, 1.9 lbs with 1 oz Hardener
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$3.09 (16%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Restores and replaces rotted or damaged sections of wood on doors, windows, fences, furniture, shutters and more
- Once dried, it can be sanded, shaped, planed, drilled, routed or sawed just like wood
- 1 Quart Can
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Bondo 20082, Quart Home Solutions Wood Filler
Bondo Wood Filler lets you rebuild, restore and replace rotted or damaged sections of wood on doors, windows, fences, furniture, shutters and more.
- Two-part filler bonds to wood surfaces for permanent, non-shrink repairs
- Cures fast; sandable in 15 minutes for fast same-day repairs
- Turns medium brown when mixed, helping blend with wood surfaces for consistent appearance
- Fully paintable and stainable
Compare with similar items
3M 20131 Bondo Rotted Wood Restorer, Penetrates into Spongy, Dry-rotted Wood Fibers Creating a Solid Surface, 8 Fl oz
PC Products PC-Petrifier Water-Based Wood Hardener, 16oz, Milky White 164440, 16-Ounce
Minwax 42853000 Stainable Wood Filler, 16-Ounce
Elmer's E855 Carpenter's Wood Filler, 3.25-Ounce Tube, White
FamoWood 40022126 Latex Wood Filler - Pint, Natural
|Shipping||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime|
|Item Dimensions||4.40 x 4.40 x 6.50 inches||9.00 x 6.00 x 8.00 inches||8.25 x 2.50 x 2.50 inches||4.00 x 4.00 x 5.00 inches||2.50 x 1.53 x 6.90 inches||4.06 x 4.06 x 4.13 inches|
3M Bondo Home Solutions Wood Filler
From the Manufacturer
Bondo Home Solutions Wood Filler rebuilds, restores and replaces rotted or damaged sections of wood on doors, windows, fences, furniture, shutters and more. This wood filler is the best choice for repairing any wooden item in or around your home. Once dried, it can be sanded, shaped, planed, drilled, routed or sawed just like wood. This durable product is formulated to accept stain and paint more naturally than most wood filler products. For rotted wood problems, use Bondo Home Solutions Rotted Wood Stabilizer before applying the wood filler.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
=== The Good Stuff ===
* The product is great for larger repairs I use it to hide countersunk lag bolts, or to repair gouges or knot-holes in wood where a smooth appearance is desired.
* The product sets up pretty quick, and depending on the thickness of the repair, can be sanded and painted fairly quickly. A quarter inch thickness will dry in less than an hour, and can be sanded and painted immediately. It sets and dries quicker than the one-part bondo filler available in tubes.
* The product will shrink a bit, so really deep repairs may require multiple applications. I never saw the product crack, and once you have a smooth surface, it seems to hold up both indoors and outdoors. I always paint and prime as soon as possible, so no idea how well it will hold up unpainted.
=== The Not-So-Good Stuff ===
* The downside of the quick drying times is that you only have a couple minutes (maybe 2-3) to use up the product once it is mixed.
* The instructions are fairly specific about how to mix the product. To be honest, I cheat, and just mix the compound and hardener just enough to get a consistent color. That seems to give me an extra minute or two to work with. I seem to get away with it.
* The filler comes in a large can-sort of like a quart paint can. Since the filler is a thick putty, it is a bit of a challenge to get the last 10% out of the can.
* Consider using disposable plastic putty knives- it is a tough job to get the dried product off of metal tools.
=== Summary ===
This is a great product for hiding any number of sins and problems with paint-grade wood. It dries quickly and hard, is easy to sand and paint, and holds up well to use and weather. However using it is a bit of a challenge, and requires you to work fast.
The people who complain about the Filler hardening too fast, used too much hardener for time they needed. The solution is simple, use less hardener, and you will have more time. The Wood Filler will still harden, but it will take a little more time.
For those of you who have used automobile bondo, this Wood Filler is the same mixture.
* it does the job
* sets fairly quickly
* although it may weigh the amount written on the can, the can is only about 1/3 full. That means you don't have a quart to work with but only 1/3 quart and will need multiple cans to do a large job.
* I didn't realize how thin it was before setting, it is slightly more firm than greek yogurt, meaning that it drips a lot and the drips are hard to get up.
* the smell is bad so requires a lot of airing out even after dry
Update-15 months have passed and my windows still look great. No evidence of the previous wood rot. I have one more window I’ll be working on this summer. BTW, I prefer doing this in the heat of summer so I can put the wood out in sunlight to ensure it’s dry. Also helps speed up the painting process.