Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 4, 2014
I usually get free books from my local library. Since I like this book so much, I'm going to buy a copy for myself. I was clueless about bonds until I read this book. Well, certain things in this book sound like they're more for experienced bond holders. However, most things are relevant for me.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 23, 2010
Saw this author on Squawkbox the other day. She seemed intelligent, well-versed in her subject and able to speak clearly and concisely. I don't have an MBA so plain English, or at least language that is understandable by an average person, is greatly appreciated. So glad I picked the book up and ignored the nonsense spouted by an earlier so-called reviewer, who seemed far more intent on reviewing the reviews than the material.
on December 16, 2009
The bond market has always been more complicated than equities. Bonds Now! has clarified so much for me. Too bad I didn't have this book before the credit meltdown--- it would have saved me a bundle.

Marilyn takes a complicated beast (the bond market) and breaks it down into understandable English. It's a must read for bond investors.

No matter how smart a bond investor you think you are----this book will teach you some new tricks and methods to manage better. I did learn that the institutions really rule the roost...we mere individuals need an edge. Bonds Now! is that edge.
on December 16, 2009
I only wish that I had the information and knowledge contained in "Bonds Now" a few years ago. I have been a bond investor for 30 plus years, originally municipal bonds and in the last ten years corporate as well.
Buying bonds was a "no brainer" until the financial credit crisis of the last few years. Before the financial meltdown one would buy muni bonds with investment grade ratings and insured by AMBAC, MBIA, FGIC, etc. - no problem, just collect interest and return of capital with bond maturity. Then greed entered the game when the insurers decided to get involved with CDO's and the derivate market while the rating agencies were more than generous with investment grade ratings.
I made some costly mistakes, which could have been avoided by simply following the information outlined in "Bonds Now".
If you are serious about protecting your money and investments I highly recommend following the simple procedures clearly outlined in Marilyn Cohen's latest book, "Bonds Now".
All the necessary bond investment information is readily available free on the web if one knows where to look.
11 comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 31, 2009
Before the 2008/2009 financial meltdown all of my investments were equities. After that smack in the head I realized I needed to add bonds to my portfolio to spread risk. I began searching for information on how to purchase bonds and what strategies to follow, researching various publications without much of a sense of confidence.

I recently acquired Bonds Now! My questions have been answered. Marilyn Cohen and Chris Malburg have provided a user-friendly guide with step-by-step instructions for buying bonds.

Bonds Now! is a must-read for anyone who wants to build or expand a bond portfolio. The book is enjoyable and highly informative. Congratulation to Marilyn and Chris for having explained a complex subject in simple terms.
on December 10, 2009
WOW - After reading Ms. Cohen's great book, "Bonds Now!" I certainly have a better understanding on how to navigate through the Bond Market. I had never known where my bonds had previously been traded. Now, being made aware of the TRACE system, I have the knowledge. What a valuable tool to have. With my newly acquired understanding of the Bond Market, I now know how to approach my broker's recommednations. This book is highly recommended for the novice bond trader.
on December 15, 2009
Given what has happened to fixed income investors over the past 18 months, this book comes at a most opportune time. Indeed, fixed income investing WILL never be the same. The "little guy" needs a champion and we have found her in Marilyn Cohen! She gives the individual investor invaluable advice in creating a "Fortress Portfolio" that is properly selected and diversified. Her advice on getting the best price for the bonds in your portfolio will pay for this book many times over.

The only way to protect yourself in investing is to arm yourself with the best advice and information. "Bonds Now!" contains both.
22 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 7, 2010
I was interested in this book until I read the "reviews". Let's see, an obscure bond book is published on December 9 and within a few days six "reviewers", none of whom have ever previously posted a review on Amazon post syrupy ravingly positive but highly generalized "reviews" that sound like advertising copy written by the publisher. I smell (six) ringers here and if the publisher needs to resort to this kind of phony behavior I bet the book's a dud so I'll pass on it.
99 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse