Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Eyes of the Storm (BONE #3)
Format: Paperback|Change

on May 3, 2014
I bought this used on the cheap because this particular installment was checked out from our local library and I could not wait in line for it to be returned. Great series for kids in the upper elementary and Jr. High range...but, really, I purchased it for myself, shhh, don't tell. The story line is just too well done, the characters fleshed out so nicely, and the humor is enjoyable. All this gives the entire Bone universe such a warm, exciting feel. I ended up purchasing the library binding of the entire set because after reading them all, I concluded our family can get so much out of multiple readings. My son is five and loves to have me explain the pictures to him. We are going to try play acting bits of the story together. A great alternative to electronic media, these books will wake up your kid's mind and revive your own stagnating adult imagination. What better way to transition children from hyper visual electronics to reading than combining the action-packed artwork of Jeff Smith with his epic writing. It's Lord of the Rings for kiddies.
on December 12, 2017
My nephew who is 9 years old loves this series.
on July 23, 2017
Great Book. My ten year old son loves this series.
on June 26, 2017
Son loves the book. I'm working getting them all for him. I'm trying to get my son more into reading and so far this is holding his interest
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
My 9 year old loves the series. Written in a comic form, he devoured these books within a week. I kept having to buy the next one and then we donated them to his teacher's library so his friends could read. Bones is a creature who lives with his cousins and goes on adventures with his cousins. My son couldn't put them down.
on November 19, 2013
Jeff Smith's Bone series is fantastic. I gave my copies away to my friend's nephew because I got the complete book at a convention and because I want kids everywhere to love this series. It's awesome.
VINE VOICEon May 10, 2004
And here is where the "Bone" series' epic flourishes begin to show.
Still rooted in humor, still geared towards an all-ages audience, still showing its strong Carl Barks (Donald Duck, Uncle Scrooge) and Bill Watterson (Calvin & Hobbes) influence, the third volume of the nine-volume "Bone" series, "Eyes Of The Storm," picks up where the first two left off, showing the wacky adventures of the bone creatures as they get involved with the characters populating a quaint little valley.
But here Smith begins to sow the seeds of tragedy, despair and darkness that make their way into the series later on.
Yet it's still all in good fun, with plenty of laughs, thrills and excitement.
Timeless is every way, "Bone" is an expansive story about three "bone creatures" (you'd have to see them to understand) that find themselves in a valley peopled with an assortment of crazy and interesting characters. Looming over it all is the menace of a great evil, first glimpsed by the ferocious (and funny) rat creatures, but later revealed to be something much more disturbing.
Jeff Smith's "Bone" series is a critically acclaimed but criminally overlooked epic. Critics recognize Smith's masterful storytelling abilities and are drawn to his mix of all-ages humor and more mature darkness, but the black and white art and lack of superheroes is anathema to most comic book readers, making it a hit only in the "underground" sense.
Readers able to look past the lack of men in tights and color artwork will delight in this series.
Smith combines the kind of classic storytelling perfected by the likes of the legendary Barks and Watterson - gleefully funny cartooning with outrageously expressive faces and gestures - with the epic and engaging plotting of a sweeping fairy tale. "Bone" walks a tightrope and walks it well, managing to be something fans of both Donald Duck and Bilbo Baggins can enjoy.
"Bone" is essential reading that no lover of the comic artform should skip. Little doubt people will still be reading "Bone" 50 years from now. Broad in scope yet personal and quaint, this is a charming story in every way that will surely outlast 90 percent of other comic works on the shelf.
on June 17, 2017
Student happy,teacher happy
on January 18, 2015
I love this series. My 6 yr old grandson and I are hooked. The artwork is exquisite; the story and characters embody all the human drama and big themes of the best novels, in my mind.
on January 19, 2017
So good.just great. The best. Great artwork.I know that bones in love with thorn. And I know that thorns a princess.