- File Size: 3232 KB
- Print Length: 401 pages
- Publisher: Scribner; Reprint edition (August 28, 2012)
- Publication Date: August 28, 2012
- Sold by: Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0061PEAUY
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #48,663 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$7.99|
|Print List Price:||$7.99|
Save $1.00 (13%)
Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price set by seller.
Bones Are Forever: A Novel (Temperance Brennan Book 15) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 401 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $12.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Similar books to Bones Are Forever: A Novel (Temperance Brennan Book 15)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This is from my review of her last book, Flash and Bones:
"My only issue is that Tempe always ends up in danger at the end of each book and has to be rescued. After awhile, you would think that the police would insert a tracking device under her skin, because they know if she is working on a case, she will end up kidnapped."
Hey, guess what happens in this book? No, you'll never guess. Nope, I'm just going to tell you. It ends like every other Tempe Brennan novel: She gets kidnapped at the end and has to be rescued. And NO, I did not just ruin it for you because THAT HAPPENS AT THE END OF EVERY KATHY REICHS BOOK.
We're back in Canada for this one. It starts out promising, as Tempe has just found three dead babies in an apartment. I'm intrigued, I'm ready to go. Andrew Ryan is along for the ride. Yup, getting excited to solve this mystery with them. And then, it all falls apart. Characters are added, but you don't care about them. They're bad guys who you never actually talk to - they're spoken to off of the page. The new detective with whom Tempe has a past is a jerk and there are no redeeming qualities, even though Reichs tries to point them out.
We do learn a little about diamond mining and the native population of Canada. But all it made me feel was sad and cold. I don't feel like learning more about either subject, which is sad because I'm sure that they're both fascinating when they're not presented as the backdrop to a crappy story.
I just wanted it to be over. It was not a pleasurable read at all.
I do have a suggestion for Ms. Reichs: Start a new storyline with Tempe's daughter, Katy. Take her through the learning process of whatever career she's going to choose. Throw in some crime. Have Katy and Tempe work together. Do SOMETHING because what you're writing is not working.
Bad. Just bad.
Detective Andrew Ryan was involved in the investigation of the deaths of four infants, along with a Royal Canadian Mountie that Tempe had a brief affair with when they were both at the FBI training facility, Quantico. But, there was no real connection between Tempe and Dr. Ryan, and very few words of a personal nature between them. Additionally, Tempe barely acted in a civil manner toward Mountie Ollie Hasty.
I was waiting for Ms. Reichs' usual lush plot to lure me into the mystery, but it never happened for me. There was a Keystone Cops feel to Ryan and Brennan's behavior and too many supporting characters and convoluted theories crowding the story.
There was no advance of a personal relationship between Dr. Brennan and anyone, except for a few sentences spoken between Tempe and Detective Ryan, signifying nothing.
So, I was disappointed ...... and bored.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Hard-Boiled
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Medical
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Hard-Boiled
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Medical