Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 14, 2017
This movie is a true classic with fine performances from everyone involved, but especially from Deborah Kerr, who manages to break the heart without speaking a word in one of my all-time favorite scenes from any film. It's a good adaptation of the book and manages to remain faithful to the source material, plus it has an excellent theme song. Additionally, the film quality is excellent -- the transfer is crisp and clear. Black and white scenes don't look degraded in any way, and the full color scenes are so lush, you could practically step through your television screen. So the only reason I've given it 4 stars is that this DVD is some kind of Korean product and not a real American product. That isn't what I expected when I bought it, but seems to be all that's available for some reason. As such, it has no extra features or any of the things I'd expect from a real American studio release. If I wanted cheap Korean crap I'd go buy it on the streets of Seoul from some guy selling DVDs out of the back of a truck, not pay full price on Amazon. These types of products should not be available here.
on April 14, 2017
very good movie, but viewers should realize you need a machine that plays many regions, thid copy in nor region 1USA.Luckily I have a region free machine.They are a modest cost.Check Amazon for region free players.
on January 7, 2017
Almost embarrassed to say that this the only Preminger film that I ever really lked. Good story, good cast, very European feel to it. Not a "great" film but one that I can enjoy re-watching from time to time.
on October 30, 2016
My favorite author of all time, Francoise Sagan. The movie is lovely and really captures the mood of the book. I love the setting, and the tragic ending caused by a spoiled young girl.
on January 18, 2013
What was he, 50 {around my current age}when he made this? The wonders that the life of a playboy with a villa on the Cote D'Azur can do.

The storyline isn't intolerable. Not a lot of dull moments. But what sells this movie for me is the scenery. {And that includes Jean Seberg dancing and starring off into the sadness of deep space}

I enjoyed this movie. I'll put it into the category of movies that I'll revisit maybe once a year or anytime I long for a vacation on the French Riviera
on March 23, 2016
the film is shorter by 3 minutes and apparently the dancing scene was edited almost down to a water down version.
on July 17, 2016
Jean Seberg stars in this beautiful film about complicated relationships, based on the novel by Françoise Sagan. Though the setting is in the French Riviera, the dialogue is in English.
on June 29, 2016
I remember this movie from half a century ago. It's great -- cast, acting, scenery, the works. Deborah Kerr as always splendid.
on December 3, 2015
This movie has a very modern feel to it even though it is more than 50 years old. It is a good story and is well acted.
on June 16, 2016