|Screen Size||8.5 inches|
4-Year PC Peripheral Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Boogie Board 8.5-Inch LCD Writing Tablet, Cyan (PT01085CYAA0002)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Erase your image with the touch of a button - and a friendly flash from the liquid crystal display
- Sealed 3V watch battery never needs replacing
- The Boogie Board tablet is an ultra 1/8" thin and is easy to take with you in a purse, scheduler, briefcase or backpack
- The case and LCD are made from durable plastic materials; Safe for school use and all around the house, office and car
- The Boogie Board tablet's pressure-sensitive LCD writing surface creates lines of different thickness based on how hard you push - just like paper and pen
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Boogie Board Original 8.5 eWriter
The Boogie Board Original 8.5 eWriter is the model that started the paperless writing revolution. Ultra light (4 oz) and thin (1/8“), one just isn’t enough. Get one for on the go, in the office and multiple places around the house – almost anywhere you’d keep memo pads or scrap paper.
The revolutionary Reflex LCD featured in the Boogie Board Original 8.5 eWriter retains an image indefinitely without power until you press the erase button to clear the screen. Great for children to practice writing and playing games in the car. Perfect for grocery lists, to-do lists and leaving notes for friends and family.
- Erase your image with the touch of a button
- Sealed 3v watch battery provides over 50,000 erase cycles
- Ultra 1/8” thin and light – fits easily into backpacks, schedulers, or purses
- Case and LCD made from durable, shatter-proof, non-toxic plastic
- Pressure-sensitive LCD writing surface is easy to clean and maintain
- Write or draw with the included stainless steel stylus or almost any other instrument – even your finger
- Includes magnets and stylus clip
Compare with similar items
Boogie Board eWriter eliminates the need for paper, scratch pads and sticky notes - simply write and erase. The durable, ultra-lightweight LCD writing screen is engineered to feel just like writing with pen on paper. The image stays as long as you need it to and can be erased with the touch of a button. Create again and again, without the need to charge or connect.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here are a few things to make your decision a little easier:
• Amazingly easy feel when writing
• No-erase clip with a stylus holster as well
• Magnets are included
• 50,000 erases which allow for you to erase 3 times per day for a little more than 45 and 1/2 years!!!
• Perfect for any lister, artist, playmate... You name it
• Super light for on-the-go
• Around the 5 mm of black, nearest to the blue frame on each of the 4 sides, the Boogie Board writing color turns bluish.
• The writing color everywhere else is a dull gray which could make it hard to see if you have trouble seeing or are in a dark environment.
• The no-erase clip has the potential to slide too far as you push it. You just have to position it gently.
• The no-erase clip and stylus holster make the Boogie Board rock back and forth/bend slightly which isn't as annoying as it is nerve racking at the feeling/thought of hurting something that I like so much.
[To solve this, I took a piece of plywood and cut it down to a slightly smaller shape than the Boogie Board's back edge with a gap for the no-erase clip to slide. This also solves the no-erase clip from going too far which is nice.]
Overall, I love this tool/toy/memory bank for my thoughts. It proves perfect for my needs and I love it so much. I very much recommend it and, if you are having trouble deciding between this one and the other Boogie Boards, as I did, this might help.
The other Boogie Boards' attractive features were the bigger screen size, no-erase switch, ability to save on your computer, ability to have a memory bank of your drawings/writings/etc, and rechargeable battery. Here is what you have to consider:
• This screen is big enough for anything that you will most likely be doing.
• The clip isn't bad and not annoying, just a little scary in the bending aspect. It's not a big deal and definitely isn't a deal breaker.
• This isn't something I'd recommend for work (other than a day-to-day list) or making Vincent Van Gogh artwork on and, subsequently, the saving feature isn't something you'd need whatsoever.
• The memory bank would be nice, but again, for my purposes and yours most likely as well, it's not necessary and hardly worth $10, let alone $70.
• The rechargeable battery sounds cool, but think about it. Will you be needing this more than 45 and 1/2 years? Or even if it were a fraction of that... Say you erased 10 times per day. Would you be using it 13 and 1/2 years? For my purposes, probably not.
• And finally, is it worth the extra chunk of cash for these features ($70 extra)? Again, for me, no.
***If you found this review helpful, please do vote "Helpful" directly below. Thanks for reading!!!***
Stopped erasing few days ago after daily use, but the battery was super easy for me to replace, literally 4 screws and the battery(theres the back with screws removed in my photo). Got the same CR2025 3V battery from dollar store for $1.50 for a 3pack. They should really include this in the instructions, but I figure they want to market it as a simple to use product.