|Brand Name||Boogie Board|
|Item model number||J32220001|
|Item Weight||6.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||10.8 x 6.8 x 0.6 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||10.8 x 6.8 x 0.6 inches|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Metal batteries required.|
Boogie Board Jot 8.5 LCD eWriter, Blue (J32220001)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $8.25. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Writing experience is comparable to pen on paper
- Ultra-bright LCD writing surface is 50% brighter than previous models, Replaceable coin-cell battery
- Integrated magnets allow for easy mounting to compatible surfaces
- Built-in stylus dock provides convenient storage for stylus when not in use, refer user manual below
- Stylus can be used as a kick-stand to display your written messages to family, friends and co-workers
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Kent Displays, Inc.
Redefining writing since 1993.
- Kent Displays, developer of the Boogie Board, is the global leader of a unique eWriter display technology. It is dedicated to using the eWriter technology in research, development, and roll to roll manufacturing to deliver quality and impactful products. Let the Boogie Board redefine your writing today.
Boogie Board Jot 8.5 LCD eWriter
- Now with 50 percent brighter writing, Boogie Board eWriter eliminates the need for paper, scratch pads and sticky notes-simply write and erase.
- The durable, ultra-lightweight LCD writing screen is engineered to feel just like writing with pen on paper. The image stays as long as you need it to and can be erased with the touch of a button. Create again and again, without the need to charge or connect.
New 50 percent Brighter Writing: Years in development, the new high contrast writing surface.
Free mobile App!
- High contrast writing allows the first of its kind Jot App to scan the surface, separate the writing from the background and create a black and white file.
- The App automatically locates the Jot 8.5 eWriter's outline or in manual mode you can control the scanning yourself.
Boogie Board Jot App
Letting You Keep What You Create
How it works:
- Download the free App to your mobile device. Supports both Android and iOS devices.
- While in the App, use your device's camera to scan the Jot 8.5 screen.
- The App will automatically separate your writing from the background and save it as a black and white file.
- Edit and save the file and share it, from wherever you are!
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||KunTech||Angel Seller||AmazinSavings|
|Item Dimensions||6.8 x 10.8 x 0.6 in||0.7 x 11.7 x 7.6 in||6.8 x 10.8 x 0.6 in||5.8 x 8.9 x 0.4 in||5 x 7.7 x 0.4 in||5.6 x 8.8 x 1.5 in|
|Item Weight||6.4 ounces||0.5 lb||6.4 ounces||3.2 ounces||4 ounces||4.2 ounces|
The new Boogie Board Jot 8.5 eWriter features an ultra-bright reflective LCD that is 50% brighter than previous models, combined with a sleek, ultra-thin and ultra-light product design that makes it ideal for the home, office, school, or on-the-go. A free mobile app makes it easy to capture digital copies of your notes for easy sharing, editing and organizing.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I made the mistake of assuming it was the battery again. So I emailed the manufacturer asking for a replacement battery but in the meantime bought one for $5 so my son would be able to use it on a family weekend getaway. The battery made no difference. So I used my multi-meter to test the batteries and low and behold, both were perfectly good - the original and the new one.
I fix a lot of stuff around the house including small electronics. I have taken apart digital cameras and replaced parts. I even fixed a stupid trinket toy one of my sons got as a freebie at a birthday party. So I looked at the battery compartment of the Boogie Board and thought maybe the battery connectors weren't making good contact. I used a very small screwdriver to try and bend them back into position. I got it to clear one time. But that was it. I am not messing with this again. I am sending this second one back and do not plan on buying another.
[Updated] After a couple days I heard from Kent Displays and they asked for the unit serial number which I promptly provided. I got an email back saying they would send a replacement right away. I later got another email with the UPS tracking number. The replacement has been working great for a couple weeks now so I think they had a run of bad units that were sold through Amazon.
The item works great. My son loves using it and the manufacturer stood behind the product. I can't give it 5 starts because of the issues with the first two but I am much happier now. In fat, my son's pen-pal (yes that is still a thing) got one one on his recommendation.
Thanks Kent Displays, for making it right.
After 3 or 4 replacements, the latest one has again stopped clearing. Each one I got lasted a bit longer and the last one lasted a couple months. I could email Kent again but I feel it is not worth the effort. They have been good to send replacements but if they all keep dying what is the point.
This had such promise but has proven to be such a disappointment.
Update : replacement died now and to be honest all I do it out a message on it every week for the kids so barely used and erase button dead again. returning it and don't wNt a replacement . WANT REFUND