Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on April 13, 2010
Booher's Rules of Business Grammar is a handy reference book for grammar rules in the workplace. The larger style guides like Covey's and Gregg's, although great guides, are large and cumbersome. Booher's is small enough to keep right by your computer for ease in picking up and reviewing quickly. Because it addresses the most common errors I see in business documents, most of what I need is at hand. I don't have to search indexes to find what I need, and struggle back and forth until I find the exact section. I suggest this book as a handy, dandy business tool.
on April 6, 2013
I bought this book to help improve my business writing. I knew I could do better, but wasn't sure where to start. When I read the book, I realized that I had more areas to improve in than I originally anticipated. (yikes!)

It was a little overwhelming; I wasn't sure how to tackle correcting my bad habits. I have to write quickly at work, so I don't have time to dissect and overthink my grammar. I decided to work on three areas that were my "biggest offenders": mixing tenses, redundant words, and active vs. passive voice. Once I consciously worked on these areas, they started to come more naturally. Now I am working on the next group of "bad habits".

My advice is to not get overwhelmed; no one is perfect. Taking incremental steps to improve your writing skills will pay off. Good luck!
on February 20, 2014
The book is very practical. The author uses a humorostic approach to make learning and remembering easier. I take it with me while traveling to use any spare time to improve my English.
on May 15, 2015
Excellent resource for anyone who writes as part of their daily business day.
on October 1, 2015
Arrived on time and book content was useful.
on March 3, 2016
great
on September 18, 2015
very useful
on February 7, 2014
perfect description, best on the market, perfect gift, exactly what I ordered. Thank you very much. A Plus + +
on February 2, 2015
Great book to have for work or school.
on November 12, 2011
A very informative and helpful book. The book is used as a guide when required to write grant proposals and other correspondence at the office.